Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it child abuse?

At the time of dressing the baby, one wouldn't consider it abusive. This is because no one thinks the child will remember it, and because this was done quite a bit back in the early part of the 20th century.

However, parents should not continue the practice, as it could trigger one's innate transness.

That is, being trans is innate, to some variable degree. If one does have this characteristic, CDing at any age could awaken it. If one does not have this characteristic, CDing at any age would normally not affect the child.

The problem comes with not knowing who has this characteristic, and no idea at what age it could be awakened. If left alone, and never cross dressed, it might never awaken.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Once the tale is told the threat no longer is relevant. Chances are, the teller won't be believed anyway which leaves the action impotent.
    If the sisters tell the story, and the story is to be believed, people will laugh at the entire family. After all, the parents are the ones who dressed him this way. The world will laugh at the parents. And ultimately it will come back to haunt the two sisters too, because people will laugh at them. "Oh your brother wore girls clothes at the age of 2." Seriously, discrimination against you for being a CD affects the entire family, not just the crossdresser.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

1. No, it is not abuse.

2. It sounds like you are laying a blanket of blame on everyone you've ever met.
    Your parents, your sisters, your ex-wife, your children, open-minded liberals and the church.
    That's kind of convenient, never having to take responsibility for anything you've ever done in your life.
    [SIZE="4"]Momarie[/SIZE]

When I was about three and a half or four my parents finally had me baptized. This was because my parents had a falling out with our church and after they reconciled their differences they decided I should be baptized. Well, I was dressed in the daintiest , most sissiest little girls dress you could possibly ever imagine. Until that time I didn't know I was dressed in a dress for my baptism. I saw pictures of myself a few years ago and until that time I didn't know how I looked or that pictures of me even existed. I was given the raspberries that day and a few times after. Its always embarrassing when my relatives do that to me. I don't have one single memory of that day although I wish that I could remember that day. I can't believe my father allowed my mother to do that to me.

I have to say though that I don't consider that in any way abuse.
    Last edited by BillieJoEllen; 06-11-2015 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Add a line