Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My First time out!!

My First time out!!

So, I went out for the first time on Saturday. Finally went to Gigi's! I have known about it and wanted to go since I was 15. Lol it only took 16 years to build up the courage.
    I was going to wait until my wife could go with me but since that would be a while, we decided I should just go. After, I finished getting ready, she told me she was proud of me.
    I went by myself, but was going to meet a girl I know from online there. We had a great time. Even though she decided then to finally tell me that she would be moving to California in two weeks!!!!! BOOOOO! Lol. Though, I did meet some others and had a fun time. I was way to shy and nervous but, honestly not anymore than I would have been had I gone in "boy mode". I am just a shy person.
    My overall impressions: To be honest, Gigi's was just another bar. Since I am not a big bar person, it wasn't really all that special. And after the initial shock of going out dressed wore off, it didn't seem that special ether. What was special was meeting other like minded people. I had been waiting my whole life to go to this place that was just a place. I really with I had gone sooner. Not for the bar, not for myself, but because of the people. A lifetime of keeping things hidden has its tolls on friendships. Hopefully I am on the path to making friends that know ME and haven't any problems with it.
    All in all, fun night.... though I had been up since 4:30 am for work.... next time, a nap before closing the bar would be a great idea! Lol
    Attached Images Attached Images

Gone to live my life
    Hi Missy,

CONGRATS! It is always a great thrill . . . that first time out in the Vanilla world. I am glad it went well and you had a good time. You look great BTW.

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    I think you hit on the great value of getting out...meeting people, particularly those who share our interests and needs. We are social creatures and need interaction.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    OMG. You pass so well. Very nice girly look. What took so long?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Congrats Missy, well done. Keep going and enjoy.

Karen

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    congrats Missy....I think a few of us from New yORK are headed that way this summer, I'm sure like you said...Gigi's is just ANOTHER bar, but we too are looking forward to just meeting some new people, trying to travel further, and see and meet everyone we can ! Hopefully you can make it to Samanthas event there in JULY. xoxo

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    congrats Missy....I think a few of us from New yORK are headed that way this summer, I'm sure like you said...Gigi's is just ANOTHER bar, but we too are looking forward to just meeting some new people, trying to travel further, and see and meet everyone we can ! Hopefully you can make it to Samanthas event there in JULY. xoxo
    Thanks! I just actually heard about it today. I am for sure planning on it.

Aspiring Member
    you look very pretty nice girly

And another hurdle bites the dust. Congratulations Missy

Banned Read only
    The first time out is a big deal. Well done. For your second time out, just go mainstream, that IS special. Theatre, movies, the mall, museums, ... And if your wife can join you, it's that much more fun.

Hi Missy. You look just great. I hope to have my first day out some time, despite my wife's dislike. I hope it is as good as yours.

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    Congratulations! You look really cute. I've only been out a couple of times. For me
    it is very liberating.
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

Part-time girl... Tracy Hazel Lee's Avatar
    As others have mentioned, you look so good, I would have assumed that you had gotten out already! But hell yeah! The first time out can be super exciting, and even overwhelming! It's probably something you will hold onto for quite some time, if not forever. Congratulations!
    Tracy Hazel Lee

@URNA @Flickr

Congratulations, you are so cute I bet you passed without any problem.

These first time outings are great moments to remember.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Congratulations! You look terrific

Congrats! You look very nice, I know it's not easy getting out, but you look very feminine!

Been to GiGi's myself and completely agree with your assessment. You get to meet some wonderful girls there, but the incessant thumping of the club music, one song sounding just like the other can be tiresome. I enjoy the place much more before the DJ gets started, the music is much better and you can tell one song from the next.

As the old saying goes, the genie is now out of the bottle....
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Well you look great! very cute, very passable, I don't know why you waited so long but at least you had a great night out don't wait so long till the next one
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

You do look great, like everyone else said. I agree with Jenniferathome. It's awesome that you went out. The first time (and beyond) isn't often easy, but it does get better. And instead of going to a bar if that's not really your thing go somewhere you would enjoy going, even is it's more mainstream. Shopping, a museum or other cultural thing, whatever it is that interests you. With your wife, even better. I know what you mean about the people though. That's the way I feel about going to a TG event like Esprit. I get to make friends with lots of cool, fun and interesting people!
    Last edited by justmetoo; 06-23-2015 at 07:41 PM.

Welcome to the world, Missy! Congratulations!

You look so cute! You are incredible, completely passable. Enjoy it as much as you can now, you have 16 years to catch up.

I still cannot believe your transformation (in the Boy vs Girl VI thread). You had such a long beard, and now you are such a cutie. You definitely have a very natural feminine look.

Thanks for the story, it helped me finally realize it will probably take a while to get comfortable with my choices - but as I do, I hope to grow as much as you. Also, feel normal (kinda have a horrible fear of rejection, which doesn't help my anxiety of going out as who I want to truly be)

Congratulations on your first night out Missy. You look great.

Hell-o Missy,
    Congrats! And isn't it amazing how that "Oh my god, I'm out AND DRESSED!" feeling
    just seems to disappear?
    It seems strange to say, I'm happy the night was such a non-event (I'm used to hearing it was a night to always remember), but I think it just shows how prepared, and comfortable you were.
    Hopefully that first night out with your SO will be something amazing!
    Much Love
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    Your right about the initial shock. When it wears off and you start to realize its a lot of fun being out. And then you can't wait to go out again!!!

Congratulations Missy! sounds like you had a wonderful time and don't forget to hug your wife!