Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you crossdress if you couldn't see yourself?

Would you crossdress if you couldn't see yourself?

Just curious, do you think you would still crossdress if you couldn't see the results. Would you do it if you were blind or had no access to a mirror? How much satisfaction comes from the visual results?

An interesting thought. I certainly do check out my reflection a lot more when en-femme than I do as a male.

But the positive feedback from being en-femme is more than that, for me. I like the complements others give me. I like the way my body feels - the texture of the clothes on my body, the weight and jiggle of my breast forms... Assuming that someone could help me to dress so my makeup and wig would still look good, I'd still get a lot of that. But I also like seeing the looks other people give me (when they seem to be admiring me), and I like to dance, which would be harder without sight, lacking a partner to guide me.

All told, so much of what I do when en-femme does rely on sight that I probably wouldn't bother dressing if I suddenly became blind.

Great Question.

For me I do review my look before I get out but,
    I just love the feel for being feminine and wearing feminine clothes.
    I just wish I had the 100% feminine body.

When I am at home doing whatever I do not look at myself in the mirror. It is just who I am and I sometimes forget that I am dressed .... just seems natural for me.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Hmmm? Let me see. Why, yes! Yes I would. It feels good and I love the aroma of makeup and the taste of lipstick. And there's a way your body motion changes wearing forms and heels.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Yes. I love the feel of my breastforms, the weight on my chest and the way they feel when I brush against them accidentally. The visual part of it is a big thing, because I crossdress to change my appearance. But it's not the only thing.

Yes, I would continue because I can feel the clothes on me and that would be enough.

I know I am not even close to being passable so for me it how the clothes feel against my body.

So yes I would still crossdress

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I would prefer not to see myself. When I look in the mirror I dream of a lady looking back, but she just isnt there.
    For me it is no longer about the cloths but trying to be myself. I wear an assortment of female cloths everyday. So yes I would still dress as I do.
    Erica

Platinum Member
    I don't spend my time peering at my reflection in the mirror, and frankly, the reflected image would be more deterrent than motivator.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

How am I going to dress and put on my makeup without a mirror?

The answer is no for me. I need the visual feedback. I get somewhat anxious after a while.

OMG YES....................It's the way being fem makes me feel. It just feels right, natural the way it should have been from birth.

I agree with the aroma of the makeup and the taste of the lipstick along with the way the softer fabrics feel on my body not to be overshadowed by the way nylons feel on freshly shaven legs. Even if I'm not dressed as I would be for an evening out rather than just out doing errands or working around the house. It's just being as female as I can be that gives me comfort.

Yes, but lack of mirror makes make up application difficult...
    You are not you, you are me.

Goth boy by day, Goth girl by night.

It's hard to say if I would be crossdressing had I been blind from birth. In my case if it had happened I think I would have had a greater chance of it because I grew up with two fashionable sisters in addition to my mother of the Chanel No. 5 generation. With my other senses being heightened I think my sense of smell and touch would definitely have made me more curious. This opposed to the scenario of two brothers who would have always been into outdoor activities and the distinct odors that would have come into the house.

Ilsa

Silver Member
    Yes because the feel of a bra hugging you, silk panties rubbing against you, stockings on your legs are all part of the sensual feeling of being a girl. Might be harder to match clothes to go out however.

i think i definitely would, the clothes are comfortable for the most part, wouldn't even need makeup or wigs.
    -kat
    "There's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set her free" - shakira

Absolutely I would. For me I would never pass so it's all about the feelings I get. I love the soft silky clothes that I don't get while in drab mode. Also the feeling of a long skirt on hair free legs and the feeling of panty hose. I hardly ever look in a mirror when dressed as it ruins the feeling in my mind.

If I was blind from birth then probable not or at least not in the same way I do now. I don't spend a lot of my time looking at myself now but, I am inspired by what I see on the red carpet, street fashion and magazines.

Now. If I where to wake up one day and be blind. Then I probably would still be doing almost the same as i do now. I know what skirts like like. I know what shoes look like and I know colors. Plus. I have a very lovely accepting and helpful wife. That while our styles are different. She knows what I like. Being blind I would hazard would heighten all the remaining senses and that would of course include touch. So the hand of the fabric would become for more critical.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

If I suddenly went blind.. more blind then I already am then I think I would still crossdress. It's honestly become a part of me, I love the feeling of comfort and excitement that comes with all the clothes, wig, forms, and makeup. I would still feel really great even if I couldn't check myself out.

Banned Read only
    There was a thread a while back asking if anyone knew of blind cross dressers. The general consensus was not many examples could be cited and of those few, they were not born blind.

I can't get to how one can be a cross dresser without the visual. Sensation is a thing, but for a cross dresser, it is mostly visual. In other words, it was not sensation leading to cross dressing but cross dressing leading to the realization of the sensation differences.

So, my thought is that for those blind at birth, I don't think it is a thing. Now, for transgender people, blindness would have no impact.

For me it is all about the feel of it, so I would say yes. I love to touch me in the clothes...

Would I dress? Yeah, pretty sure I would. I love feeling the clothes (skirts - heaven!), the feeling of femininity I get when dressed. But I would definitely not be going out anywhere at all - need to make sure I can put on makeup and adjust myself before I do that!

I started cross dressing not for the visual feedback although I do have nice legs in a skirt but I feel beautiful when in a dress or my favorite a-line skirt, pleated of course. The feedback is more mental than visual, although I cannot complete a female transformation I know I'm a fem.

In answer to your question, YES I would!!!!!! I personally feel soooo much better when wearing a bra, pantyhose and panties not to mention skirts, dresses, blouses. sweaters etc etc. I also love feeling the hair on my neck and the scent(s) of perfume and body wash. I don't have to look in a mirror to feel feminine, I just do!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

That's a good question, before I ever had a wig and forms and other things to improve my look I essentially was a teen male wearing peculiar clothes because of the urge to do so.
    Now I can't stop looking in the mirror or using the camera on my phone to make sure I look right.
    If I had access to neither I would continue to dress as I could just look down at myself. If you were stranded on a desert island with a suitcase of your female clothes but no mirror we'd all still do it.

If I was blind that would be tricky, ignoring how presentable I would be, if I couldn't see it would I be crossdressing? That may be where the CD/TS line is drawn, as a CD I would think I possibly wouldn't do it, sure female clothes are softer and more comfortable but it's a form of expression that I couldn't visibly see to express. Presumably a TS would still feel at odds with themselves?

Hopefully I'll never have to know.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Just a thought: Even though we use a mirror to help generate the presentation we desire,the rest of the time we don't see ourselves! So, mirror time is only a small fraction of our feminine time.