Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    clothing $11k...

that's a great catch...i have a closet full of mistakes...in fact, it occurs to me that i should clean it all out and give it to ts/tg goodwill ...some if it is definitely better suited to "dress up" vs day to day...
    Yup! In jeans alone I probably have spent a grand! Some of that clothing was donated as I lost weight. I think I have personally equipped at least 3 other trans women with their first wardrobes as I got a better feel for what worked and what didn't. Oh, and that included my giving away some wigs and some fairly expensive breast forms as well.
    I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I get back keep me here to wait for me so I don't go back out and miss myself when I return.

$100k is a real possibility, but not set in stone. It depends on what you need. In the end you will spend as much as you have, probably.

I've spent so far about 11k on electrolysis, 10k on ffs, about 20k on srs, $80 a month for medicine, who knows on wardrobe, lost my kids, job, and some friends. Still i have been fortunate, and had an easy go of it.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

If one has a tight budget ask whomever you will have surgery with if there is a discount on multiple procedures. For instance I have reassignment and chondrolaryngoplasty done together which gave me a discount and could had a discount for breast augmentation but elected not too which is also part of the whole thinking about cutting cost.

In regards to electrolysis, in my home town it's 60 dollars per hour while a 15 minute drive to the next town cuts the cost to forty dollars and have used both, no difference in value for one's dollar. As luck was all I needed was my face done. Never tallied up the cost but would say roughly $2,000.
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    I just read through this thread... ow... my head! I guess it is what it is...
    "I'm a work in progress..."