Thread: my path of self discovery

my path of self discovery

I wasn't sure where to put this but this should be fine.

I really just wanna get somethings out. talk about how i have been feeling, ect.

so I finally feel like I'm on my path to self discovery. I realize that what I have been doing before now has been part of that self discovery.
    however I'm finally in a position where I can start to explore & expand my horizons.

a couple years ago I really started to crossdress. I did some mild crossdressing before that but it was rare that I did it.
    Then I had to move back in with my parents. I didn't really have the money to go out & buy clothes. even when I did, I was often to scared to go buy clothes. I live in a small town where I often run into people I know. also I didn't have any friends to go shopping with you know for emotional support. I couldn't order online because I lived with my parents. I'm just not ready to tell them, especially sense i have no Idea how far I want to take it. I did manage the courage to go buy some new clothes.

anyways now Im living on my own in a new place. In a city too which is great. Ive always been more of a city gal *chuckles*
    Ive got a good job too so I have money to do the things I want, or at least I will. just got this job less then a month ago. anyways until very recently I had been very conflicted. Ive been putting to much thought into whether or not to transition.
    sometimes I felt like I was trying to trick myself into transitioning. other times I felt like I was trying to trick myself out of it.
    now I know that Im not going to find an answer by just thinking about it. I have to get out into the world in femme as often as possible.
    so I can get a feel for what it is I want. maybe I will decide that presenting myself as female only some of the time is good enough. which is absolutely fine. or maybe I will find out that I want to live as a woman full time. If that happens I will have to look at what kind of options I have.

anyways i plan to go out dressed here in a couple months. hopefully with a friend, tough stuff like this is always better with a friend.
    First I gotta get me a new wig. the one I had is ruined, because I wasn't able to take proper care of it. plus gonna need some more clothes, plus shoes. right now all i really have is a couple pairs of girl jeans, a few blouses, and some lingerie.

one thing I would also like to do is start taking dance lessons. I'm honestly horrible at dancing. besides If im gonna go out to the clubs in femme then I should probably learn how to shake my booty lol.

anyways I feel really good about my future right now, even if it is sort of uncertain. besides the best part of an adventure is the journey itself. well thats all for now, thank you for listening to me. If you have any advice for a newbie crossdresser getting ready to go out into the world for the first time, just let me know.

Welcome Ashley! This is a great place with lots of love and acceptance. I like what you said about self discovery. If there's anything cd has done for me it's getting to know my true self better.

Hugs

Platinum Member
    You seem to be open to experience, which will serve you well in your explorations. For now, it's best that you don't view each experience as a step towards transition, or a step of any kind. Just enjoy your new found independence with a measure of discretion and self control. You're not in a race.

Those real life experiences can be a bit misleading. Life, certainly the life of any openly gender fluid person, is more than enjoying the fun times. I find that experiencing everyday life routines gives one a deeper insight into the realities of life and the appeal of living full time as a woman.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

thank you I will definitely keep that in mind.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Welcome Ashley.
    I wish you all the best in your journey.
    If you ever have questions feel free to ask, we are all here to help if we can.

Hi I think you will find this is a good place, whether you are part of majority or like me a little different. At first everything can be exciting and scary at the same time. With time and experience most of this will pass. As you find people accept you and you become comfortable just being your self, with time you will find making friends becomes easier. I have found this to be true at least for me. I have made friends with a group of GGs which I never would have dreamed would have happened. Good luck to you and be safe. If you were close to me I would go out with you but like most on here I'm guessing you are not.
    Love Jean