Thread: A Powerful Addiction.

A Powerful Addiction.

Today was only my second time out in public. My 6 year old daughter wanted to come with me for sunrise at the park. We walked around the whole lake, stopping and playing along the way. We had several people tell us "Good morning". It was very nice.
    The wife wanted us to bring coffee home, so we stopped for gas, and went over to Walmart. We passed several people I know, and no body really payed any attention to us. When we got to checkout we were greeted with "Good morning Ladies", & "I hope you ladies have a nice day".
    Wow, it is really empowering to be treated so nice. I'm addicted already. I have not even got a negative vibe from anybody yet. Do I really look passable? Or does the positive attitude really make a difference?

Here are some pics from this morning
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's really nice being called "ma'am." (etc.) Don't worry about being passable. As long as they call you ma'am and treat you with respect, that's all that matters.

Just for the record, though, you look passable to me.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    To each their own, Maxi. Addiction, that is!

I'm glad u enjoyed going out and getting respected. But, when I go out I never worry about what people think of me because they hardly ever notice an old man in plain men's clothes. And, I get to do what I went out to to do without a single care about others!

My addiction is dressing, or undressing, to look goofy, sexy, crazy, and risque in private. Us closet dressers get to experiment like that all the time without a care or even a thot of anybody else!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I am new here just getting use to the site and reading and learning there is so much thank you all

Good for you Maxi and such a lovely story. It goes to show that not everybody is out to get us with their pitchforks, so pleased for you.

Excellent
    Good start and setting examples for new comers like me.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think having your daughter helped to complete the presentation.
    Respect and fair treatment is all you can ask for and you got that so its a deff win win for you.
    I do try to pass as best I can but even the best CD in the world can't pass all the time.

Cynthia said it very well, I can only second the thought.

Hugs, Bria

Gone to live my life
    Hi Maxi,

Lovely pictures by the way. I think what you have discovered is that the world writ large generally tends to not either notice or if they do they don't care. Very few of us are truly "passable" but many do blend and that is enough to travel through relatively unscathed in the Vanilla world. Even if people do read I us, I find most are respectful and use proper gender pronouns to put us at ease. Enjoy your time out with your daughter as that is priceless time.

Hugs and congrats.

Isha

I have found, in my forays out, that everyone seems to refer to me as sir; doesn't bother me a bit. It seems that the only times I have been ma'amed was when in drab and usually from the rear, or by small children refering to me as "that lady" (small kids have vision unformed by societal prejudices and can sometimes see things much more clearly than adults).
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Maybe it depends on where you are but in most of the places I have lived, people are too busy with their own lives to look at us any way near to how we look at ourselves.

You are quite passable mam...but don't speed. Who knows what the police officer would say.

Hi Maxi,

Yes, it is a powerful affirmation of who you are. (I wouldn't say "addiction"). When I am out with Sue and we are addressed "Ladies", it just feels so right, as you have said. Really, I think "passing" comes from within. Whether I am perceived as a woman, as a guy who seems comfortable (and I guess looks OK) dressed as a woman, or something else really is not the issue for me. (although obviously I'd much prefer the former, especially when I use the ladies' room.)

It is so wonderful that your daughter wanted to be out with you. Now THAT is a real affirmation, and as Tracii said, she only could have added to how you were perceived.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Silver Member
    Maxi - I was happy to read of your terrific experience. Seems like fun. If you felt great, and enjoyed your day, that's all that counts. To me, that is passing. You look great. So happy. I am glad you had fun, Lady.

Third time out

I had another wonderful morning (third day out). I met an individual who is under going gender reassignment, and a nice mom with two boys, who took my picture with my camera. Met a biker walking his Dobbie/Dane mix, who even said "Good Morning" to me.
    Monday is back to work. I have had so much fun this week, I hate to see it end.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow great outfit! Hope you run into the biker again soon.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress