Thread: Caitlyn effect is it jusrt me

Caitlyn effect is it jusrt me

Hi girls , I havn't been on here here a while but I still feel like Denise on the inside. I want to express her more but Well it's the unforgiving wife stigma. Well as of late seeing all this news about Caitlyn and all the jabs and all the support towards her , it bothers me when i hear negative comments. I have been rebelling lately getting pedicures again that going over guy friends houses and telling them about my feminine side. It's one thing to show them pictures and it another thing to buy some cute sandles and go over and all over the place in guy mode wearing short with hairless legs and nail polish. My one friend who I went to see said, Yo people are going to think you got sugar in your tank, are you crazy I went everywhere with the jeweled flats on and no crazy or strange looks with the orchird polish on. I so want to wear those wedges but it would be toooooo obvious. They are so comphy with the 1/2 " platform up front I can walk in them like sneakers. after a few fights with the wife I finally took the polish off. I am ready for a mint green now or a nice mauve color. The song Girls Just Wanna have fun . To me it is fun and makes me feel good with a fresh pedi and cute sandles. I am so ready to get both ears pierced now that I am retired @ 57. Denise wants to wear those long dangling earings when she goes out>>> I need a NJ friend to give me the strenth to be me . I do not want to be a Caitlyn and live full time BUT I envy her tho!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    sounds like you need to go to Raven in New Hope this weekend...lots of jersey girls go, and this weekend is the big cd/tg event There are also lots of events and groups and others in your area, it is one of the more heavily CD populated parts of the country........

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Caitlyn/Bruce, whatever. Nothing I've heard about her is going to cause me to start going out shopping, to Denny's, or to any vanilla venue dressed!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Vanilla venue dressed. That's me weekends and at least one night a week and I haven't seen anything from this yet. I guess my friends and the people I talk to are too busy to watch TV or just don't care. Maybe when she starts doing beer commercials during NASCAR they will notice and say something, but I don’t think so, because to most people it is a nonevent. Don’t get me wrong I think the publicity is great, I just haven’t seen any effect from it, or maybe I have and don’t know it.
    Love Jean

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    ...Nothing I've heard about her is going to cause me to start going out shopping, to Denny's, or to any vanilla venue dressed!
    Funny, "vanilla venues" are pretty much my life! I go to Denny's fairly often dressed. Also Bob's Big Boy. And DuPars. As well as a dozen other coffee shops and delis! Going out tends to make a girl hungry.

Of course, I go to some flashier venues too, but few are strictly LGBT. Ren fairs, museums, concerts, opera, movies, theaters, high end restaurants, etc!

I feel a bit of sympathy for Caitlyn in that she can't go out without running a gauntlet of paparazzi. Persephone and I have joked about sneaking her out the back door of a restaurant and taking her for an evening of fun. Even if simply escaping them isn't enough we know of one place where we can go where she can be surrounded by people who won't bother her at all, and cameras are strictly prohibited!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Even if simply escaping them isn't enough we know of one place where we can go where she can be surrounded by people who won't bother her at all, and cameras are strictly prohibited!
    True! We enjoy several "safe havens." At that one in particular we've been with any number of celebrities and the "leave 'em alone" rules are very strictly enforced.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Gone to live my life
    Hi Denise,

I can't say that Caitlyn's public outing has had any effect on me as I was already on my way "out" to the world when she first made media headlines as "Bruce". While I applaud her courage, it is one thing to come out in a well scripted, PR controlled media craze with millions of dollars backing you up and another to just come out to the world with a smile and a hope.

Hugs

Isha

This is for Isha ,
    you have hit it right on the head it is very true to those of us at a common level ,although I wish her or anyone else the best it does not always work out that way
    hugs phylis

Platinum Member
    You know, most of outingsover the past couple of years, long before CJ, has been spent in everyday places doing every day things. The things I might have done as a man, such as running to the bank, grocery or Starbucks. I'm not attention seeking, nor trying to ride the Caitlyn wave. I see her as just the latest in a long line dating back to Christine Jorgensen.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I think most guys aren't too fussed about Caitlin, either they have never heard of Bruce Jenner or avoid the topic since the kardashians are too uninteresting to men. Any negativity is generally from the misinformed or those who are afraid that it'll become the new thing to have your manhood butchered and be forced to wear dresses.

Aside from being in the T community and wishing her well with her new life I could care less about any of the kardashians and co.

I only been out about 5 times in public fully dressed. I was solely in guy mode and I enjoy wearing woman's sandals and pedicures out . My best time with other cders was @ anglea's laptop lounge in King of Prussia PA. A night I will never forget. That night, I felt more like a woman than ever before. if that girls is still in here I wanna say thanks alot ' it was sooo much fun

Banned Read only
    Back in the day, I rarely ever went to gay establishments. If there was a party or some event I would go but I spent most of my time going to vanilla venues. There was rarely a problem. I had a great time. Now days, I just go wherever I want, whenever I want.

Banned Read only
    Actually, I'm bored with all the attention of Caitlin. It has had no effect on me yet. I haven't heard any comments within my circle of family and friends. Will she cause my to expand my horizons? No. I've been satisfied where I am in life for a long time. I've heard some of the negative comments in media. Usually those making those comments are bigoted a@@holes. At best they may be ignorant or wrapped up in some religious tenants. I'd be more concerned with how the local transgender community is treated in my home town.

I do think that Caitlyn and her successful transition is having an effect. I certainly feel, strangely, more "liberated" by having her out there being photographed and interviewed. I could well be wrong about this but I think I detect a greater acceptance of the TG community within the media. For many cross dressers the burden of keeping this big secret can be almost overwhelming and for some Caitlyn's coming out is a trigger to let others know about you. The effect can be cathartic until you meet some nasty piece of opposition.