Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most embarrasing moment when caught as a child.

Red face Most embarrasing moment when caught as a child.

For me it was getting caught wearing my mothers panties by my mother and father.

I never actually got caught.. but my mum did find a pair of her stockings stashed under my mattress once.. she was very good about it.. didn't understand what it meant but told me it didn't matter to her.

The annoying part was she didn't put them back!!!!!!! lol

Banned Read only
    i never got caught,for my rm was my domain.

When my Grandma caught me wearing my Mom's panties and lipstick. First of many actually.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    Getting sent to the psychologist for testing after my mom found my pitiful little stash of women's clothes hidden carefully in my closet. That was embarrassing. I lied about the whole thing to her and to the shrink. ("I was confused." "It was a phase." "Hadn't looked at that stuff in a long time.")

If the shrink had been approachable (this was in 1975 or 76, I was 12 or 13 years old), and asked me nicely what was going on, I might have explained my feelings about my gender. But instead, they gave me a big ol' MMPI standardized test, and it seemed that after answering a few questions that lying was the way to go, because they were looking for something that was wrong with me, and I wouldn't be wise to let them find anything.

Lying about all this came pretty naturally though. My uncle, my mom's brother, was a gay man. It was fairly obvious something was going on, even when I was little. NO ONE in our family discussed this, and my mom, to this day, has only used the word "gay" once in reference to her brother, and still doesn't always acknowledge that he was gay. (Ironically enough, I live in the condo he used to own. The complex is full of gay men, and it's in the heart of the gay district in Dallas, and is less than one mile from, and on the same street as, the gay bars in Dallas. There is no way this location happened accidently for my uncle - he stayed here 30 years.) Anyway, the message I got as a kid was "we don't talk about some subjects in this family", and my gender issues seemed like they were absolutely not something we were ever going to openly discuss.

I stopped cross dressing after I got caught. Really, there was a lot more to it than that. (Well, I suppose that goes without saying now.) Instead, I went through high school going out of my mind with gender dysphoria. (I have mild psychotic breaks when my GD gets really, really intense - I hallucinate a little.) By the end of high school, I was visiting a psychiatrist, but he didn't help much (I hated the Lithium he gave me), and ultimately just took up good old fashioned alcohol. In large quantities. Of course that became it's own problem rather rapidly, and it did lead to some embarrassing events too, but I was no longer a child by that point

Less embarrassing and more painful. Was told I was sick and needed to see doctors. Sounds similar to Paula, just lied my way through it ( yes the 1970's weren't all that tolerant or knowledgable) and hid everything really well. How the Internet would have been handy back in 1974.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Christie ann View Post
    Less embarrassing and more painful. Was told I was sick and needed to see doctors.
    I realized later in life that the experience felt a lot like what the replicants in the movie "Blade Runner" must've felt when taking the Voight-Kampff test:

Quote Originally Posted by VK Test Question
    You’ve got a little boy. He shows you his butterfly collection plus the killing jar. What do you do?
    • I take him to the doctor.
    • Oh lovely.
    • That's nice, but why don't you keep the killing jar for yourself?
    Apparently I passed the test well enough to be mistaken for a cisgender kid. Unlike the VK test, which was designed to catch humanoid robots, the MMPI wasn't so good at distinguishing trans from cis:

Quote Originally Posted by MMPI Test question
    I have often wished I were a girl. (Or if you are a girl) I have never been sorry that I am a girl
    Well it was pretty obvious to see which answer (false) they wanted!

It's all a bit hazy now, since it's been close to 40 years, but after getting caught multiple times dressed, my parents decided to send me to the school psychologist to talk about my "problem".

As a kid my sister dressed me up in her communion dress for a laugh and showed me off to my grandmother, at the time I thought nothing of it since it was simply just an embarrassing situation.

When I was young teen however my parents decorated my bedroom and I had my stash hidden in a shopping bag under the bed which they found. I was first asked by my mom who's it was and said it was my girlfriends, since it mostly contained underwear and bras ( which belonged to my gf at the time who had given them to me so technically I was telling the truth) I suspect my mom was worried I was having sex at a young age and was concerned so she said as far as I recall "so you won't mind them being given back to her" which now in hindsight I think she was trying to catch me out.

A day or two later my step dad asked was I a crossdresser which put me on the spot so I said no out of being found out, he said he didn't care just that if it was my stuff they would put it back. I want to regret not opening up then but I was far younger and more immature than I am now, but that was certainly embarrassing

Sarah x

When I was 19 and still living at home part time (and in college dorms the rest of the time) I mail ordered a bikini and mom got to the mail before I did. Fortunately she thought someone was playing a nasty joke on me, since I had been bullied and picked on a lot in high school, and the house had been vandalized once or twice.

I told her I ordered it for a girl I was seeing at school, and fortunately she bought that. Into my suitcase it went, then to the dorm room and back (too sensitive to keep there) and it ended up in my stash hidden in the void space under my bottom desk drawer. But that scared me off mail ordering any more clothing until several years later, when I got my own place.

I was trying on some things of my aunt's when she was "supposed" to be out of the house.
    Then there she was in the doorway to her bedroom and me in her heels and stockings. OMG, beet red and thinking my life was over.

Surprise of surprises. She takes me aside and tells me that anytime I want to she will help me dress in her clothes. Never did accept her offer and that's one of my greatest regrets to this day.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I remember quite vividly getting caught by by Grandmother wearing my Mother's dress when I was around 9 or 10 whilst she was babysitting Me and my Brother. We were playing around and we were daring each other to try things on, of course I was the one that got caught!!! She come upstairs to see why we were being so quiet and thought we must be up to something!! She basically just laughed at me and told me to take it off, she must have told my parents on their return home but nothing was said.

I wouldn't have thought 25 years later I'd be wearing my own dresses!!

I never was caught. I had plenty of close calls, though. When I was 12-ish... my parents were looking for something my sister lost and searched my room. I hid my girly clothes in bags under my bed. We found the lost item before they found my things. I was scared shitless. lol

Getting caught by my Mother wearing full outfit of my older sisters, about 12 or 13 years old. Can't remember what excuse I gave, but it was never mentioned again.
    Incidentally, unlike many members here, I never wore nor wanted to wear any of my Mums clothing, just my sisters, although she was 3 years my senior, we were of a similar size. Oh yes and even after getting caught it did not stop me being girl whenever I could.

Platinum Member
    Hi Joan, As far as I know I was never caught.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

When i first stated to wear one of my sisters slips i used to hide it in my pillow case, (i was about 6 at the time) and my mom found it, she asked me why it was there and my excuse was i put it in there to plump up the pillow, she believed it and got me another pillow to boot !

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I remember one time in my early teens my mom was in a rage about something. Very condescending and outspoken that woman was. Anyway, she's hollering about something and looks at me and says, "And stay out of my bra drawer!" Busted. Then the darndest thing happened. She turned to my father and said, "That goes for you, too!"
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

lol how awesome is that Carla!!

EVERYONE has a CAUGHT STORY ,LOL My favorite subject to laugh at NOW? Not then like the others said back in the day 70's or even 60's maybe even 80's they might just harm you if you were in the right place? Not funny back then for sure but funny now that we are older. I was thinking of some of my all times favs, So many to choose from give me a little more time and I will chime in with a Doozy ! I got a Ton of them, Busted more than once for sure.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I dont think it was overly embarrassing. I didnt get caught but my mom did find my stash of female cloths. She asked me about it, but honestly I dont even remember how the conversation went. She left the subject alone and left all of my stuff where it was. It was never brought up again and to this say I still dont know if she ever told my dad. He since has passed and never mentioned it to me. Now looking back I kinda wish my parents had a longer talk with me, maybe the last 30 some years wouldnt have had to be such a struggle.
    Erica

I was only caught one time by my Dad when I was 13 or 14 yrs old. I was completely dressed from the neck down in my Moms dress. bra, panties, pantyhose, girdle and a slip. Very embarrassing. My Dad made a few snide comments over the few weeks and then let it go. As far as I know he never said anything to my Mom about the incident. I think he just hoped it was a faze that I would grow out of but I did not. However I did become a lot more careful.

The worst for me wasn't so much being caught as a child. It occurred almost 35 years later when a former neighbour (with some mental health issues) blurted it out at a funeral wake in front of family and friends. My face turned quite red!

In my early yrs i used my sisters clothes and i had a stash both in the basement as well as in the bottom back of the bathroom counter, hidden under clutter. One day my parents had just left and were supposed to be gone a few hrs so i put on my bathroom underwear, heels and lipstick and went in the shower where i usually had privacy. A few minutes later they were back and banging on the door because one of them had to use the washroom and it couldnt wait. I panicked and didnt feel i had time to do anything about myself so i covered myself with a big towel the best i could, opened the door and came out so they could go in. I was torn between trying to inconspicuously cover my mouth while holding the towel low enough to cover my clancking heels without uncovering my upper and lower underwear. Too much ground to cover!

I'd had my stash found a couple times before and my mom just asked if i was curious and experimenting and of course got the lecture about taking and wrecking my sisters clothes. Shes very open minded and i think realised i was not comfortable talking about it no matter how open anyone was. With the bathroom incident nothing was really said and i was happy to let it fade into the past.

Twice i was almost caught by buddies i grew up with and partied with when i was dressed in my mid to late teens in the basement. Luckily i was really good at being stealthy and have quick reactions, lots of clutter in the basement also helped. Once i was fully dressed and quickly hid under a pile of blankets on the floor on the other side of the basement (it was open bsment n half of it was my room), they searced the whole basement and almost stepped on me twice. The second time i quickly went under the stairs and was able to see them but wasnt seen. They checked most of the basement and came right to where i was n then turned around just in time. They decided to play my video games so i was stuck crouching under there in heels and fully dressed without making a sound for an hour and a half until they gave up and left. I dont think that crew would have been very understanding at that point in time.

For the life of me I can not recall ever being caught. However I always suspected my mom knew I know I stretch her stuff and once broke the strap on her slip. She never asked me anything and since my brother and sister were 8 and 9 years older they were not around much. I will always wonder if she knew.

Platinum Member
    Probably not so much getting caught...more being outed by my ex wife, who told more people than I know, including several of my siblings, co workers and friends. I wasn't quite prepared for the questions and although most people seemed to chalk it up to my ex's venality, I really wouldn't have chosen this way of coming out.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt