Thread: Knock at the door

Knock at the door

I was dressed up this morning having some girl time before going to work. Then there was a knock at the door, it was the postal worker dropping off the package I ordered a few days ago. I decided to ignore it, but he kept knocking. I was getting nervous but finally I just decided to answer it. He was a bit surprised when I open the door, I don't know if he read me right away or if it was what I was wearing. He handed me the box and not needing a signature left and I went on about my day.

This is how I was dressed.
    GetAttachment.aspx.jpg

Cool! If you are in male mode next time you see him ask about the package. He'll probably say, "I handed it to your wife!"

You look great. I doubt he was looking up at your eyes!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I agree with Persephone, he wasn't looking at your face. I figure postal people have seen almost everything and however I open the door won't be new, unless perhaps naked while carrying a chain saw.

You look amazing!
    Amanda

I've been there and have done that and it's exciting, kind of like going out and always interesting in how they react. Usually very little but I'm sure in their minds the wheels are turning. I prefer being dressed and meeting a man at the door who I know and I've invited to come over as that's definitely more exciting. So much fun being a gurl!

Looks good to me Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

if he didn't need a signature, why did he keep knocking?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

You look fine. I'm sure delivery guys have seen lots of things.

I don't care any more; I'm full-time now and even if I'm sort of halfway put together, I figure it's my house and I can look however I want. One time I answered the door and there were three (!) guys from Bell Canada trying to sell me stuff. There I was with painted nails but looking half like a guy. I didn't care and neither did they (except I guess they were disappointed I told them I wasn't interested in whatever they were selling.)

Hell-o Jill,
    Looks good to me too!
    The mailman was probably just as impressed!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Delivery people, postal, pizza, & otherwise need to keep a straight face.

"Yes, sign here" as my skirt flips in the breeze.

"Thank you!"

Will they talk about you back at the shop? Probably. Did he challenge you THEN? No.

Most folks won't, though you might observe their discomfort. They WANT to say something, but you know what? THEY don't have the courage to. They need to be in a group of similar minded people in order to speak up.

Sound familiar?

<3

- MM
    Last edited by mechamoose; 06-17-2015 at 03:21 PM.
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Platinum Member
    Hi Jill, I have a friend that drives for UPS and he says that Nothing Surprises him anymore.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Cute! Cute! Cute!,,,,,,, Jill, You are so passable! I will bet he never thought anything about it! But now remember UPS will be there Tomorrow! LOL!
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

Thanks everyone Although I think he was more surprised by the fact I had opened the door when he was just about to leave. I had waited for a min deciding if I was going to or not. Also I think he kept knocking due to the box just being the actual product box and not covered, it was a little banged up but was a camera bag.

This has almost happened to me once, I thought about answering the door fully dressed, but instead I watched the delivery man through the upstairs window post a 'we missed you' note through the front door, I was a bit disappointed with myself afterwards. It wasn't so much being scared of the Delivery Man, I was more bothered about one of the neighbors seeing me!!.

The Girl in a blue dress. Jennifer B's Avatar
    Good for you Jill you look great!

I wouldn't dare do that where I live. I've had to master the "emergency strip and pull on jeans and a tee shirt in 30 seconds" routine for such circumstances. It certainly gets my heart racing though.

You look gorgeous

Next time try flirting a little. I bet you both love it.

Quote Originally Posted by mechamoose View Post
    Delivery people, postal, pizza, & otherwise need to keep a straight face.
    Just curious, said who? when?
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yay you did well and see there is nothing to it.