Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I got asked on a date!!! OMG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Candice Mae View Post
    Have fun, at least he put effort into it and cares about your well being. Most of the guys that try to pick me up, say some cheesy pick up line then look at my boobs, ask if I would like to join them for coffee/dinner/movie ect, and then look at my boobs again. I'm confused are they asking me out or my boobs?
    That is so funny. I imagine a lot of GGs say the same thing.

Banned Read only
    Cute video! He seems to be a good guy. Only one way to find out, say yes if you are ready for that.

Thank you everyone for the positive responses!! Both for my good fortune in being asked out as a woman, and for the gentleman-like qualities of Jim. Yes, he is aware that I posted the video--in fact, I asked him to edit his original version a little, so it would be less embarrassing for both of us. And he did! And, yes, I'm aware that going on a date with a man will be no different than a GG going on a date with a man. Hence, the rules of contact for the first date!!! I'm already getting all nervous thinking about it. What to wear, what to wear!!!!
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

congrats to you. just relax and enjoy yourself and everything will be fine!
    i luved the vid, he is very creative and seems like a real gentlemen.
    does he have a brother???
    paula

Betsy
    Congrads.

Nice video.

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    That is super awesome. A little romance, being the target of said romance, sounds like such a treat.

He put a lot of work into the video, so he's serious and probably not a predator.

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti;3763135
    have fun right? you only live once !!!!! good luck!
    I agree with Adriana, but keep it safe in public. You do have only one life, so, live it, but make sure this date doesn't end it.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Aspiring Member
    I'm looking forward to a report on your date. One of my dreams is to go out like that on the arm of a charming man - gay, straight, bi... it doesn't matter - as long as we have fun and he's a good talker (and remembers to compliment me on my dress and tells me how beautiful I am - LOL).

Candice -- one of our (many) advantages is that we could send the boobs out on a date without us.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    True most CDs can send their boobs on a date, but that is not an option for me.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Dana,

Late to the post . . . very cute video and Jim seems like a fun guy. Have a great time and thanks for sharing and naturally . . . details will be required unless you break the rules of engagement that is

Hugs

Isha

Dana I have to say I almost skipped this post because, personally, the subject matter is not my scene at all.

BUT that video was hilarious, and very well done to boot!

I would only caution this:

You should not feel compelled to give someone back the emotions they are sending to you out of 'obligation' of being polite. That is how a lot of divorced couples end up happening.

You are a strong, valuable person, or you else wouldn't have gotten the interest. By all means, if you like him then say yes to the date. I hope you have a wonderful time!

I guess I'm just asking that you not be 'desperate'. Go there as an equal and keep to your standards. Don't ever accept questionable behavior just because they like you.

Best of luck with the date!!

<3

- MamereMoose
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Thank you everyone!!

The boob comments are hilarious, BTW.

Yes, I will be careful. Thank you everyone (I don't want to list names because I might miss one and then I'll be in trouble! ).

I really enjoy making YouTube videos so you can be absolutely assured that I will post something about "The Date." I'm not sure when, because summer is crazy busy and we do have some geographic distance to work through...but I'm 99% sure that it WILL HAPPEN. Are you monitoring this post, Jim?
    Been around for a while, been away for a while. On the verge of coming back...Help me!

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    How funny! This guy seems like so much fun, you're going to have
    a great time on your first date.
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

I must commend you on how you took it. As for me, I mastered the walk, dress and blending but my flesh still crawl when some man looks at me or talk to me like, I am a woman. It is not all about being adcepted with me. I have found my joy in being able to go out and enjoy myself because, I dress for me. But, I have learned that there is a social aspect, I must deal with in going out as a woman, I am going to be treated like one.

Banned Read only
    Are you all being serious?

You have really fallen for this?

This is nothing more than an advertisement for a video on youtube in in the hope that it gets more hits.

I can tell from the video you are both fun people, I am sure you will have a great time, and yes I look forward to the sequel

Jenni, What above in the various words from the OP made you come to your conclusion. Are you saying that everything is a lie? I read her story and watched the video and enjoyed it and wish her the best of luck in enjoying her life on her terms, not yours, not mine nor anyone else's. Maybe "all" of us should be asking you the same question, especially since yours is the only dissenting or negative opinion so far. Are you serious in your opinion or just having fun with "all" of us??

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    Jenni, What above in the various words from the OP made you come to your conclusion. Are you saying that everything is a lie? I read her story and watched the video and enjoyed it and wish her the best of luck in enjoying her life on her terms, not yours, not mine nor anyone else's. Maybe "all" of us should be asking you the same question, especially since yours is the only dissenting or negative opinion so far. Are you serious in your opinion or just having fun with "all" of us??
    I'll ask (one of) my questions again. Are you being serious?

To answer one of your questions, I'm not.

I'm laughing my ass off at this video. I see it for what it is. A laugh, a joke, a piss-take.

Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by jenni_xx View Post
    Are you all being serious?

You have really fallen for this?

This is nothing more than an advertisement for a video on youtube in in the hope that it gets more hits.
    You are making an assumption on this and once again questioning the mind and thoughts of someone. Geeez...It fits the criteria for the section, it was posted by a member who got permission about something that is MtF related. It isn't something that is business related and it was fun...be nice. I thought I was the cynics here.

A few years ago we had two members who made YouTube videos, both were comics....both were funny. Their ulterior motives were never question. You objection has been over ruled.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    My objection has been over-ruled. I'm fine with that.

I enjoyed the video - gave me a laugh. I'm fine with that also.

Yes, I am being very serious. I too laughed with the video and took it for what I believe the OP wanted, to share a fun and unique true moment about being asked out on a date and the joint video they put together. I do not believe that she posted the video here to get more hits, and I do not believe it is a joke.

Danam, is it a joke and an effort to get more hits?

Which question of mine did you answer? You are "not" what? I would also appreciate your answer to my first and second questions. Thanks

The reason I ask is that every once in awhile in a nice thread someone will come along with such a contrary short response that it clearly appears to be that they enjoy pissing on someone else's parade just by being the contrarian. So, instead of accusing you of that, I was wondering if you had valid reasons for your comments. Maybe you know something that the rest of us do not, and, "seriously" speaking, I am truly interested in knowing or seeing what you do and I don't see. I may even change my opinion.

If, however, you posted just to drop a little bird shit on someone else's special moment and to be seen as "that" type of contrarian, then I think that is rude and uncalled for, and maybe it is a way for you to attract whatever type of notice that you may want or need at the expense of someone else. If you question the validity of someone's post, wouldn't it be better to just ask the polite questions to clarify your doubts?

I have to honest, I kind of agree with what jenni_xx said. My first impression after watching is that is was all too set up and kind of phony. In fact I was looking closely to see that the guy and danam weren't the same person, which actually would have been funnier. Sorry danam, that's what I though when I saw it.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by danam View Post
    What to wear, what to wear!!!!
    Something Nice. I didn't say Conservative because, to me, that has sort of a Church Lady vibe. That's one end of the spectrum. The other end of the spectrum, and also something to avoid, would be the situation where your lips say No, but your dress says Just Do Me!! In between, you should be able to find a comfortable middle ground.

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kkaye View Post
    I must commend you on how you took it. As for me, I mastered the walk, dress and blending but my flesh still crawl when some man looks at me or talk to me like, I am a woman. It is not all about being adcepted with me. I have found my joy in being able to go out and enjoy myself because, I dress for me. But, I have learned that there is a social aspect, I must deal with in going out as a woman, I am going to be treated like one.
    k:

Yes, that is always a possibility. Good that you're thinking about how to respond beforehand because it is much more difficult to figure those things out in the heat of the moment.

DeeAnn
    Last edited by flatlander_48; 06-21-2015 at 08:41 PM.