Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Perceived As Female When Dressed As Male

Banned Read only
    In guy mode I do get "sir" a lot and I HATE IT, some places I shop though in guy mode they accept me at least as becoming a woman and treat me accordingly ☺

"Woo Hoo!" Validation! It's always nice when you get it and is disappointing when you don't. I feel bad when someone thinks it's going to insult me if they use pro-noun. Call it like you see it. If I'm offended? That's my problem. Not yours.
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It was a few weeks ago a friend and I were having lunch at a Cattleman's steak house.
    I had done my hair with hot rollers earlier getting ready so from the back its easy to think female with my long hair girls t shirt and jeans.
    I was washing my hands in the bathroom when a 20 something guy walks in.
    He sees all the hair and says OMG Ma'am I'm sorry,he walks back out to check the name on the door and walks back in.
    Dude I'm sorry I thought I walked in the wrong bathroom.We both had a good chuckle out of it.

HEE HEE! Tracii G, that happens to me all the time! I just chuckle and say "No problem, Dude."
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I usually say oh thats OK don't worry about it.
    The funniest one that happened was a man and his two Sons came in and the Dad told the oldest one maybe 5 or 6 go use the urinal and the other wanted to go in a stall with his Dad.
    The boy came over to use the spot next to me and he was looking me over pretty well.
    I got done and went over to wash my hands and the kid was still doing his business when he asked this question "Dad do girls have wieners?"
    The Dad said "no son they don'"t and the kid said OK .
    I walked out thinking now that was weird.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 06-21-2015 at 06:50 PM.

In spite of my being on M2F HRT for almost 4 years I still live as a man.

As living as a man I use the men's restroom. It gets very interesting when I am washing my hands or drying them when some dude walks into the restroom. He typically checks the sign on the door and then looks at me, sometimes several times. And then I say in my bass voice, "This is the men's restroom!"

However, the most awkward time was when I was walking out of the restroom, and the wife of a couple started to step in the restroom, while the man was approaching the women's restroom. In the nick of time I had to call out in my deep voice, "This is the men's restroom" while pointing to the sign.

John

New restroom experience - I was approaching a men's restroom and some dude opens the door for me. Apparently he thought I was a woman. Now get this - I was entering the men's restroom. Go figure.

John

Daniella Argento
    Weird coincidence... I was just going to start a a new thread when I see this one!
    So I often get this on the phone... Maybe I don't need to worry so much about my voice when out dressed as I fear.
    But SOMETIMES I do get misgendered (in a good way) when out and about as a male.
    Most recent experience was yesterday morning at a work function (business breakfast).
    My hair is short in a very typical short back and sides style.
    I do not wear earrings or other jewelry apart from a wrist watch (masculine) and a wedding band.
    I was wearing blue Levis 501 jeans, a black polar neck sweater, black lace up shoes and a black double breasted coat.

I was standing in a circle with 2 or 3 female colleagues/associates talking when a man unknown to me came up from my 3 o clock, entered the circle and said 'morning ladies'. He looked right at me a few seconds later and I could see a brief moment of confusion on his face, he nodded an apology or a hello and then the conversation continued. It would seem he clearly thought I was female.

I am 5'9" (or maybe 10" on a good day) and of normal build (albeit on the slighter side) for a male.
    As far as I could tell I was wearing rather masculine clothes...
    Maybe he didn't see me (unlikely) maybe I am more femme than I realise.
    Either way I am not complaining it was a nice experience :-)