Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perceived As Female When Dressed As Male

Perceived As Female When Dressed As Male

I sometimes get called "miss" when dressed as male,probably because I have long hair and long nails.Anybody else have this experience? (By the way I take it as a compliment!)

I occasionally get this because of my long hair. I just giggle to myself when that happens.

Banned Read only
    when im clean shaven i do,thats why i disguise myself by wearing a mustache

Been on hrt for about two years now and have hair past my shoulders that I wear in a pony tail when I have to dress male. I get can I help you ma'am all the time!

I get it more often than I used to, but I have long hair, earrings, and tend to dress a bit androgynously. It doesn't bother me in the least!

People process their best guess at your gender early in the encounter and it takes quite a bit of contradictory information to make them change their subconscious minds. With me they see hair and purse and that says "female" to them.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I have been called "miss" a time or two. I was clean shaven, wearing earrings, women's eyeglasses and women's shorts. I can see why I was "miss"-taken. I loved it.

Aspiring Member
    Since I have both ears pierced and wear some pretty diamond studs in each, I get some side ward glances at times when I'm out in drab. But this happens mostly when I'm freshly shaved, as I have a somewhat feminine look to my face when I do. Then, sometimes I let my beard grow out quite a bit (I actually find I get a really smooth shave when I do - great for those nights when I dress) and I see people looking at me occasionally with a rather puzzled look. Is he gay? A crossdresser? A whatever? (LOL).

Anyway, I've decided to let my natural hair grow out, so I'm sure the looks will get more prominent in the future. Especially when I paint my toenails and wear sandals.

yes, i have very long hair, long nails and pierced ears also,
    and get called miss and ma'am a lot, it use to bother me
    but now i enjoy it and just smile...
    paula

I've been called "ma'am" a few times recently while in male mode. I'm not sure why, because I don't look particularly feminine without my wig. But I love it when it happens.

It's happened to me a few times in the past. I don't know if it would still happen because I no longer present as male. Maybe one day I will go out in guy mode just as an experiment.

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    With my bald head, broken nose and scars.... Not a chance.
    Call me Donna, please

I'm pretty beardy in boy mode, so that mistake doesn't tend to get made for me

Unfortunately, no... not a chance. Being tall, broad-shouldered, and having no hind-end doesn't lend itself to confusion in boy mode. Also, like Donna, I have been on the receiving end of an impromptu nose job. Lol
    You've got a good problem to have!!!

Gone to live my life
    Not likely . . . still very guy. Perhaps as my hair grows out and my beard shadow lessens with laser but even then . . . not likely.

Hugs

Isha

Ex prisoner in paradise CostaRicaRachel's Avatar
    I wish
    Although your current visions might be grounded in reality,
    there are no shortcuts to get from here to there.
    Face the facts and realize that you still may have to manifest this
    dream the old-fashioned way: by creating a concrete plan,
    putting in the hard work and maintaining an
    unwavering determination to make it happen.

I tried once to pass as a male but failed and this was too a sales person whom I had done business with countless times lol.
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass

The long hair often gets me ma'amed

Happens all the time. However, I do dress non-gender conforming, wear colorful nail art all the time and long drop earrings. So it has become expected.

Richelle

I have long hair and painted nails, so I get called "ma'am" or "Miss" sometimes.
    I'm to the point where I occasionally get disappointed when someone calls me "sir"

I have been on M2F HRT for almost 4 years. I have D cup breasts and wide hips, along with long hair. So I get read as a woman a lot of the time. However, when I start talking, the feminine illusion disappears as when I talk I sound like a cross between Johnny Cash and Joe Friday of Dragnet. I do not want to alter the pitch of my speaking voice. And my singing voice is suited for the deep bass parts of Russian choral music.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Happened to me all the time when I was in my teens and 20's. I only wish I had the. We've to go out sees as a girl back then.

Once from behind and it was a thrill
    and another time just after a great makeup job.
    Otherwise not

When I was a teenager I had long hair. My friends and I where out late one night. A cop stopped near us and walked over to check on what we were doing. I got out of my friend's jeep, and the cop kept referring to me as ma'am when asking us questions. My friends made fun of me later, but secretly I loved it!

With my long hair, earrings in both ears, clean shaven face, hands and arms, longer nails with clear coat, ladies jeans, booties or sandals you would think I would get Maam'ed a lot but not really, I think others feel better to say nothing than insult me. Although it wouldn't.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

This was kind of funny, and sometimes it depends on the situation or surroundings you are and what's expected. During the 2008 Presidental election I took my daughter and her friend to see Hiilary Clinton Speak at the nearby high school, thinking it would be historically important to do so. Well obviously there are a lot of people so they had shuttle buses and almost everyone on this shuttle bus was female, except for me. I was in totally guy mode, but with a long wool overcoat on, and I have really bushy somewhat long hair kind of like how that young Dorthy Hamill used to wear. I didn't think I looked female in the least, cept of course for the coat and hair. But got "Ma'am-Ed" by a cop because he just assumed I was female because I was on this women's bus to go see Hillary - made me laugh because I don't think he realized I was a guy period, even after he said it then saw me front on. Funny when stuff happens like that when we try so hard to pass, then fail at it.
    Last edited by AnnieMac; 06-20-2015 at 10:53 PM.