Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dressing for Wife

Dressing for Wife

My wife has known about my crossdressing for a long time now, but has wanted to have nothing to do with it. Out of the blue she asked if I wanted to dress for her this weekend. I have mixed emotions--I'm worried that she will either burst out laughing or start crying. Suggestions?
    Hugs,
    Delwn

If you have a picture that you like try showing her that first.

She will then have an idea what to expect.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I would show her The outfits you think look best and ask if she would choose one. My wife and I do this often and she loves my fashion sense but it also shows trust by involving her.
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Yeah my wife has said she's not ready to see me dressed up, and I'm not either. Maybe someday.

My wife did say that she thought it would be easier, when she is ready, do watch me get dressed up so she could see the transformation and realize that I'm still there. Maybe that could help in your case?

You are extremely lucky to get such wife.

Tell her that you would very much like to dress for her, to include her in this part of your life.

Then ask her if she is absolutely sure.
    DonnaT

Just dress the best you can, not sleazy, not lacy, just regular everyday dress or skirt that GG would wear.
    Always fun once dressed, to ask "should we go out for a coffee now?"

What ever her reaction is, don't take it personally, as some women have never seen a man in a dress
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I know how you feel. If she were to ask, I think it would be a move toward being more accepting. On the other hand, would she get angry and make mean comments. I think I would take the chance and dress. Even if she didn't like it I still think it is a small move in the acceptance direction. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Suggestions? LOL ... She asked you to do a thing you like to do with her. That's an engraved invitation, and she's holding the door open for you too!

Only you know your wife and her personality ... what's likely to provoke laughter or tears.

From personal experience ... the first time, I dressed pretty conservatively (not that I usually dress all hoocheemomma), but I did tone it down a little, because my intent was not to shock. I got good natured laughter followed by "honey, that wig has to go, and let me show you how to do your eyes the right way".

Have a thick skin, and perhaps share an adult beverage or two. Keep it lighthearted, and have fun with it!
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Platinum Member
    Hi Delwyn, I would ask her to help me pick out an outfit and maybe help ne get dressed.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Ask for her help and tell her it is a work in progress. She may enjoy. You are lucky to have such a request.
    joank
    Southern California

My wife was/is like yours, is obviously difficult but as others say dress nicely and subtle make up.. that way wont be too much for her.. personally I would jump at the chance
    Hugs
    Samantha

Banned Read only
    Delwyn,
    I'm going to advise do it with caution ! As has been suggested a picture may help first , if she ducks out then leave it at that otherwise it might help to get her to choose an outfit . I posted a while ago on this subject, like you my wife suggested she'd like to see the girl and more recently she said she was OK with it but has since backed right off again . My counselor posed the question of what point would she most likely ask me to stop, my wife answered not at all, I don't want to see anything, I just want the man I married . If I were to answer that I'd say that I would like the woman I married, after 41 years neither of us are getting what we want !

While I would jump at the chance, and have envisioned many times what it could be like to go to a restaurant for dinner or coffee, or to a movie, or for a walk along the river together - since she has also "wanted to have nothing to do with it" in the past, I would wonder "what's up?" if "out of the blue" she wanted to see me dressed. In my case, I would make sure I had safely hidden her cell phone or other camera. You know her best, so use your best judgement. Then make sure to have her take pictures (with your camera, so you can delete what you want), and post the pictures. Maybe she will pose with you for a selfie. It could be the start of the change you want to see - but change, like growth, also has risks.

Platinum Member
    Take it as it comes. Either emotion is legitimate
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Seems a reasonable request - perhaps she is curious perhaps she testing her own tollerance

This strikes very close to my fear level. My wife allows me the time to dress and is aware that i do it. She has not participated. If she were to present this question to me, i would have a hard time, a very hard time, making a decision. I came out to my first wife, and was met with FIERCE HOSTILE attacks. While it was not the reason for the divorce, it was brought up many, many times both in court and as a weapon to try and turn my son against me. (neither game plan worked).

My situation now is just fine, and i don't want it to change. I am totally afraid of a similar reaction and result. To her credit, she has tried opening the door a bit in the past, and i have not let the door swing open. Fear, the great cd'er cross.

Banned Read only
    I've often wonder what my reaction would be, if my wife posed the same question. I think I would sit down over a cup of coffee and engage my wife in a conversation about her request. Why? What changed her mind?

I've often wondered if I would want to risk further upsetting her. It would be one thing for her to ignore my cross dressing and pretend it doesn't exist, and, it's another for her to have seen me and end up throwing more fuel onto the fire. Frankly, my fem attire is stylish but conservative. I do not own anything sleazy. I'm in decent physical shape, and, least outwardly.

I'd go with the recommendation that you show her a picture of yourself attired as a woman. You may want to obscure your face by turning it away from the camera. That way she may only see a physical form wearing women's clothing, but, yet not the man she married. If you're a hairy guy I'd make sure the hair on the legs and arms is obscured by long sleeves and dark hosiery. Be clean shaven. Wear a wig if you have one. I guess I'd try my best to not appear as the guy my wife married wearing a dress.

Also, be aware any woman may flip-flop endlessly on this cross dressing issue. I would also recommend your wife become a member and sign up so she may converse with other wives.

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    If you do decide, I would advise to dress in something that best represents your crossdressing interests. Dressing in something that doesn't really represent your crossdressing just to get a more favourable reaction may draw misleading assumptions.

Well my wife knew about my dressing before we were married, and she has seen photos of me from a makeover. But I would ask her to help with my make up and choice of clothes, and try not to be outrageous, but to be just another lady just like her.

GG/SO of a CD
    As the wife, leave room for any range of reactions. Expectations create room for crushed feelings. It's hard seeing your SO dressed the first time. Everyone handles it differently. I laughed out of uncomfort. It has been a couple years and depending on the outfit, I still get incomfortable. But in a different way. I do not like to see outfits thst are sexy, or tight. I also have a hard time seeing an outfit on when my SO gets "excited". The only way she can get used to it, is to involve her more. Communicate frequently, don't get upset when or of she gets overwhelmed, and if she says it's too much, back off. It's the best way.

Banned Read only
    Greenie,
    Do you feel the same way about certain outfits if worn be a GG ? Some women would be uncomfortable if they came into close contact with women dressed provocatively ,I know my wife would !
    Also do you find it hard to accept that it's genuinely a female trait naturally coming through in your partner when you claim they get excited ?

I would really thank that girl and give her some special flowers. Then I'd take a deep breath and tell her that you are anxious about this and need her advice and support. Good luck!

Hugs, Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Keep it low key, I dressed in front of my wife a few times, she picked up on progression which worries her, she is also jealous of how feminine my figure is co paired to her which is a difficult one, go for it though, the picture first is a good idea, it'll prepare her for what to expect

Reality Check
    Ask her to pick out the outfit you will wear and maybe help you with makeup, etc. If she loves you she will not laugh or cry. She will give you suggestions to make you look better.

Not knowing you, I don't know how you dress or how much you look like a woman but my advice is to not wear high heels, short skirts, etc. Try to look like her, not like a hooker.