Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dressing for Wife

My "SO" made the same request and it went well. She did, and still comments on the "number of things" (namely foundation garments) that I wear and that very few "real" women don't wear as many. She has helped me shop for styles that hide/accentuate to make the more feminine appearance.

Having gone through that I understand completely.

The first time my wife asked me to dress for her she was going to a company Xmas party (no spouses). I had about 5 hours to get ready and I needed EVERY second. I shaved smooth completely and then TRIED to do my makeup. I was so nervous, so afraid of the same things you are. Will she laugh, will she cry, will she scream and run away, will she want a divorce ? My hands shook so badly I could hardly put on my foundation let alone mascara and eye liner.

Then she came home. I was sitting in the living room as she entered the door. She stood there, inspecting me, scrutinizing everything. I almost began to cry. Then she said, you look beautiful, and I did cry. We talked for hours. It was so cathartic, but also the best that could have happened. I just had to take the chance !
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'd just offer the same advise as the others have said here, dress appropriately and not over the top, Can't wait to hear how things went, keep us updated!. I want to do this with my Mother sometime soon I hope, she says one day she will see me.

Cheryl, I loved your story, you really have put a smile on my face, so pleased it went so well for you.

Michelle

GG/SO of a CD
    Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Greenie,
    Do you feel the same way about certain outfits if worn be a GG ? Some women would be uncomfortable if they came into close contact with women dressed provocatively ,I know my wife would !
    Also do you find it hard to accept that it's genuinely a female trait naturally coming through in your partner when you claim they get excited ?
    I am a modest lady. SO any one in a short skirt and hootchie top makes me uncomfortable.

And I guess to be a little more candid. I am not sure what you are talking about. Its not that its hard to accept. But its weird to see the "evidence of excitement" thought a tight womens skirt. Its just strange and not sure I will ever get used to that.
    ~Greenie

Supportive wife to a wonderful man who just so happens to like to be fabulous some times.

It sounds like your wife is trying to work with you. If I were in your shoes, I'd go with it and see what happens. Good luck, Delwyn!
    Di

Thanks for all the good suggestions, but I'm afraid it was all for naught. It was, however, an interesting journey. It is funny how I can get dressed and go out shopping without a second thought, but dressing for my wife caused a great deal of angst. I worried about having nothing to wear, but finally decided on a pair of beige slacks, a blue tank top and white blazer with bone pumps. I'm inherently conservative so this felt the most natural. As I was about to go upstairs to begin getting dressed, the garage door opened and our son walked in. He came home from graduate school to surprise us for father's day weekend. I'm glad it wasn't an hour later.

At least the door has been opened with my wife, and maybe we can make a date in a couple of weeks to try again.

Reality Check
    That's too bad for you but lucky your son didn't walk in on you dressed. You might want to rethink letting him have his own key.