Thread: confused

confused

hi, I have to ask some thing, for over 50 years I have been in denial, I always hid behind the pose , that I was a guy , who some times liked to dress as a women,al thru my long married life, till my wife passed , I kept this up, well at 66 I have to admit, I have allways knew there was more, I allways felt like a women on the inside, I allways wished something would happen to my manhood and I emotionaly , I react very female ,I just feel closer to women I have tried therapy but only to try and cure me of crossdressing , of course it did not work for me, I cant take Caitlyns road I don't have the money or support for that, it seems the older I get the stronger my Lynda side gets , any advise you can give , will be helpful love hugs lynda

Hi Lynda, sorry I don't have any advise, but had to respond as I can totally understand. I was married for 34 years, but actually reluctantly put all CDing on the back burner for the last 27 years of my marriage until my wife passed away. Still held back out of guilt since she had succumbed to breast cancer for over two years. And like you, my Tina side is growing out of control. Also like you, I do not have the funds or support. So it sounds like we are in the same boat.
    Good luck to you where ever life takes you,
    Tina

Hi Lynda,

I am not yet in your position but can offer a few suggestions. The first is to just accept who you are even if that is not really well defined right now. Second is to find ways to express who you are, even if it is at home. I go out all the time and can also recommend that if you can make that happen. To get me out of the house I did a lot of informal networking here and on another now defunct site. It worked and I eventually, over many months and years, developed some friends with whom I could go out with on a regular or intermittent basis, i.e. when they were in the area and available. It is so much fun and has allowed me to develop much further than any at home dresser. Joining a good support group, not so much as a formal support one, but a more social type one that accepts everyone can also be a great and lasting experience. So, letting Lynda out to socialize and play may be a great compensation for what you may have not done in the past. Good luck and now may be just the time to .... Go For It!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I can echo what Allie said. I didn't start dressing until after 50. And, u don't need "means" to start dressing. Just a nearby second hand store. The support is a completely separate issue. And, only comes into play if u wish to go out dressed or come out to all that u r trans.

Most of us r closet dressers and no one knows. Do not worry about your age. U have plenty of time to explore Lynda. I'm 70 and that hasn't slowed Sherry down yet!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Reality Check
    Lynda, you can stop crossdressing if you want to. Just don't do it any more. Obviously, you don't want to so don't waste your money on therapy.

As long as dressing isn't hurting anyone or interfering with your life, do it if it makes you feel good. And stop dwelling on your "manhood". It's a fact of life.

Morning I am male and night I feel feminine and I start wearing Ladies cloths.
    a great pleasure.
    Recently started tucking as well.

Silver Member
    Hi Lynda

I recently met and hung out a bit with a woman in thailand that was 74 years old who had only transitioned when she was 72. Not able to have major surgeries but still able to do hrt and live her life as she felt she should.

I also spent a good deal of time with another woman who was 69 and did just have SRS, BA and FFS.