Thread: Finally got to go out with my wife!

Finally got to go out with my wife!

So, originally I was going to wait to go out for the first time with my wife. We talked and she told me it was fine to go out without her. Went out dancing with an online friend and met more. This past Saturday, I got to go out with my wife! We had a great time. My friends loved her, which I knew they would. LOL. She truly is my better half. I know I am one of the lucky ones in that my wife is not only ok with it, but really supports it. And she only messed up by referring to me by my boy name once. She was soooo embarrassed but we all laughed it off.

Oh.... and one more thing. It just so happened that my cousin was there for a bachelorette party. No one would have blamed me if I had run and hid. I went up with my wife and said hello. She didn't know it was me at first. Lol. I guess we will see how this plays out. Eeek! Lol

An interesting twist to the evening! Congrats!
    DonnaT

Platinum Member
    Wonderful. I admire both of you for making this into a positive aspect in your relationship. And for your courage tow introduce yourself to your cousin.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Reality Check
    Well, I'm hoping that my wife will eventually go out in public with me. Not where we will be recognized though. I don't think most folks would recognize me all femmed up once I'm away from the neighborhood but if they recognize her, they will either recognize me or ask to be introduced. I haven't yet mastered a feminine speaking voice.

That's great, Missy! It sounds like you "owned it" when it came to your cousin, so hopefully that will turn out great.

That is amazing. Kudos to you. Further proof that I needed that sometimes the teeth of my fears are much greater than the bite. Thank you for the confirmation.
    be sweet for me

-Renae

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Missy_am_I View Post
    ...............................Oh.... and one more thing. It just so happened that my cousin was there for a bachelorette party. No one would have blamed me if I had run and hid. I went up with my wife and said hello. She didn't know it was me at first. Lol. I guess we will see how this plays out. Eeek! Lol
    You will have to let us know how this plays out. I'm glad everything else went well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Well, I'm hoping that my wife will eventually go out in public with me. Not where we will be recognized though. I don't think most folks would recognize me all femmed up once I'm away from the neighborhood but if they recognize her, they will either recognize me or ask to be introduced. I haven't yet mastered a feminine speaking voice.
    This was always one of our issues as well. We just go farther away from home. If we were to see someone that we knew, I would just walk away and let my wife talk to them.
    Dana Ryan

Careful I bite <3
    Definitely owned it and I'm happy it's working out so well with your wife!

As for your cousin definitely a brave move, but it sounds like it was done with decent circumstances.

Would have been even funnier/more surreal if she invited you to be a part of her bachelorette party.

Did her friends overhear the convo? Or are they potentially in the dark about this?

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    I know what it's like to have a wife that's not only supportive but wants to go out with you!! They are truly a blessing.