Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hissed at by a hooker

hissed at by a hooker

I was hissed at by a prostitute today. She gave me an angry hiss as I walked by her this morning. I don’t understand why I should produce this kind of reaction from a working girl. I wasn’t intruding on her territory. I’ve become friendly with some of the local ladies of the night that hang out around the homeless shelter during the day. Usually every time I venture out one of them remarks to me “Going out on a date, Blondie?” But they only mean it kiddingly.
    So what’s up with her? I asked “Heidi HO” who happens to be about the same age as me but unfortunately looks much older. She said that “The Beotch is probably jealous because you look nicer than her.”

I'm not looking for trouble but if she hisses at me again. I'm gonna hiss back.
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 06-24-2015 at 04:15 AM. Reason: removed comments read the rules

Platinum Member
    I would advise against it.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Jessica, discretion is the better part of valor. Just ignore it.

Reality Check
    I try to arrange my affairs to where I don't normally walk (or drive) in areas where prostitutes hang out. That would be either as a male or as a female.

What you may not understand is, there are male prostitutes that dress as females to do their business. This prostitute may have thought you were trying to compete with her.

BTW: That's a good reason to be careful of how you dress and when and where you go while dressed. The police could mistake you for a male prostitute.

I agree with Kim. Could turn into a hissy fit battle.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Take the high road if it happens again. Be nice and say I'm just enjoying myself out and about, or something to that effect.

I heard something like this one time.....one never hisses in their own pit.

Jessica - don't let others drag you into the gutter with them... smile and move on...

Maybe this should be something you treat in the same way as if one gets crapped on by a pigeon - a largely random piece of misfortune that apocryphal anecdotes transform into an omen of good luck..

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Yup...one of the world's biggest problems...don't like what they said/did, gotta hit back. Why escalate or retaliate?? The person in question will never have any meaningful power over you, unless you let them. Ignore them, be confident and happy about what you're doing, and get on with the important things in your life.

Not lecturing, just adding my voice to the "ignore" crowd.

Karen

Oh it makes me think about an incident in Stockholm some years ago.

https://translate.google.se/translat...-text=&act=url

Maybe that's why she felt threatened by you? I know you're not a prostitute, but maybe she thought so.

Just leave her alone and forget it.

Did this occur in Omaha, Nebraska near a homeless shelter? If it did she was probably the same hooker that hissed at me years ago. I'm not surprised she's still there on the corner.
    Ironic that she called you "Blondie". That used to be my nickname. It's a small...small world!
    CANCER IS A BITCH SO YOU HAVE TO BE MORE OF A BITCH TO BEAT IT.

Banned Read only

Simple solution

You're in the wrong part of town. Don't go there.

Banned Read only
    You are definitely in the wrong part of town. I'm pretty sure anybody seeing any woman in the general area of the "red light district" alone would be taken for a working woman. And, any man portraying a woman in the "red light district" is going to be assumed to be a working "woman."

Banned Read only
    Don't worry about it and move on. Like a hooker's opinion should count for anything. You don't want to be hissed at, don't go there.

This is really simple: A lady does not belong in that part of town! Stay the {bleep} away from the working girls, lest you be mistaken for one of them. You don't need a pimp approaching you, you don't need clients (johns) approaching you, you don't need the police approaching you, and you don't need to be the subject of a reporter's story about yet another tranny prostitute murdered.

RD
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

While I agree with the opinion that you should ignore the hissing, its not like some of the people that talked about it here have been refering to prostitutes with much respect.

Like a hooker's opinion should count for anything
    I should remind many would use that same sentence with crossdressers, using the "tranny" Word probably, and you know it doesn't look good.

This is really simple: A lady does not belong in that part of town!
    Aren't they ladies too? Or only some have that right reserved? Perhaps you are above them because you consider yourself a lady and they are, what they are? Go ahead and say.

Prostitutes deserve that certain level of respect everybody deserves, as they are persons too, please, keep that in mind.
    Last edited by Ezekiel; 06-23-2015 at 12:40 PM.

Aspiring Member
    In certain areas I would be reminded of what happened to Hugh Grant some years back. Being mistaken for that type would be unfortunate.

Don't get into a hair-pulling contest if you're wearing a wig. She might run off with it.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My advice is don't hang out where the hookers do.
    You don't want to be mistaken for one of them by anyone including the Po Po.

Careful I bite <3
    Without getting into details of what areas you like to hang out in etc, you seem to have more to lose than she does. Don't get into fights where you can lose that much more.

Maybe she had a slow leak. Hissing? Really? In the veterinary world we handle that with a squirt bottle...probably not the same huh?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I agree with Ezekiel. Prostitutes are often looked down upon and judged by negative stereotypes with very little compassion or understanding of thier individual stories and circumstances. For starters many many women and children are trafficed or completely controlled by pimps who collect all of thier earnings ( essensially they are slaves). They are often recruited as teenage runaways and endure many yrs even decades under this control. Lots of others became addicted to heavy drugs over time starting as teen partiers and then getting out of control (addictions are extremely powerful). Some come from major poverty and family situations and do what they need to do to make ends meet. Theres also many who have great bussiness sense, are high class, and do very well for themselves. Whether people respect thier work or not they are workers and they do provide a very intimate service often in unsafe places. With all of the abuse that they endure I believe we of all people should treat them as people.

Ps. That doesn't mean people should hiss at you though.

Quote Originally Posted by jasminepp View Post
    Prostitutes are often looked down upon and judged by negative stereotypes with very little compassion or understanding of thier individual stories and circumstances.
    Exactly, and yet some people here does not seem to realize that us TG should be more compassionate about such groups, instead of thinking we are above them, specially given the poor understanding and hate we get as a community, sometimes comparable to them, even though their situation is worse in the most cases.

You may have an opinion about what they do, but don't judge other people thinking you are higher, because you will be acting the same way society does with us. Remember this.

Silver Member
    The worst thing you could do escalate the situation. You don't know what her state of mind is, or if she is under the influence of something and carrying a weapon etc. If she hisses, let her hiss.

More to the point, it would be better to avoid that part of town while dressed completely if you can. If you want to help the prostitutes, talk to a social worker or community organization about things that can be done, just putting yourself out the in harm's way is not a good idea. Being around that area is risky enough for a cis male, but being dressed puts you in even more risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    I agree with Kim. Could turn into a hissy fit battle.
    And what do you do if it does escalate? You don't win either way when fighting a female. You win, you're a bully. You lose, you're a wimp. And of course you get to go to jail either way, into the men's detention cell. Not a good alternative. Just keep walking. Let it go.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.