Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I was called "Caitlyn Jenner"

If you're looking for feedback from those you are with. You have to ask them. Tell them to be honest and do not get defensive when they give their opinion.

I took a lot of flack for stating, that for me to move forward. I feel I need to limit my interaction socially with the "Trans community". Many of us transition from a male perspective after living and socializing as a male for many decades. Many of our Trans friends are transitioning from that same perspevtive. To minimize or erase those cues that prevent total integration. Social interaction with females is imperative to pick up those subtle mannerisms to achieve our goals.
    Last edited by stefan37; 06-25-2015 at 07:04 AM.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Sarah, You may not feel that my comment was "nice", but it's obviously the truth. There's not much point in constantly posting "You look very feminine." or "You poor baby." If this forum is to be of any use to anyone, we have to be honest.
    I didn't take Michelle's premise as opening the door to critique of her presentation. Instead, it seemed (to me, at least) more like a societal observation. Caitlyn Jenner is now part of the fabric and many out there may think they're being "cool" by making the "Caitlyn" comment when they detect trans in their midst.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

It's absolutely true that Caitlyn's coming out had shown a huge spotlight especially on those of us that may be borderline. Where we were once less visible is not now so. I was in the former category before FFS. I am glad I lived full time for 18 months before FFS. It allowed me the confidence to live as me and work harder on those clues that outed me. 7 months post FFS. Life is absolutely more comfortable. I am for the most part invisible from distance and close short encounters. Longer engagements I have more work to do. Maybe I'll never get to where I need to be. I'm finding that transition post FFS is more difficult than pre. The bar has been raised higher. When my facial features were male misgendering was understandably easier to deal with. Now that my face is more female that is no longer the issue and its the other stuff that will need considerably more work.

Her post in conjunction with her previous posts about The issues Caitlyn has brought into the open for her. Hey experience as she posted now she blends and passes so well. I just assumed she was complaining that now after Caitlyn she is more exposed. That means as I and others have commented more work on her presentation. If you are transitioning and getting read from a distance where they have to yell at you. Then yes presentation work is mandated.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle789 View Post
    This picture is from Saturday. I got called Caitlyn Jenner on Tuesday and I was not with Jeffrey Tambor on Tuesday. I'm just giving you my most recent picture so you can see what I look like.
    I understand. I was just combining a snide comment (J. Tambor/show reference) with the common observation that the most reliable way to be outed is to hang out with with other trans people. Tambor isn't, to my knowledge, but you get the idea.

(God, I hate explaining jokes.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Jessica View Post
    ... many out there may think they're being "cool" by making the "Caitlyn" comment when they detect trans in their midst.
    Maybe, but I think her transition is a huge cultural signpost and a new reference point (at least in the US), much as Christine J. was decades ago, and in a way that, say, Laverne Cox, could never be. It's the one EVERYONE knows about. I'm already find myself trying to avoid it in my coming out elevator spiel. "Um, ya know that Bruce Jenner thing ...?"
    Last edited by LeaP; 06-25-2015 at 05:18 PM.
    Lea

I have been called "Johanna Jenner" by a clerk at the auto dealer where I get title applications to deliver to a county tax office and to bring back license plates. The clerks there know I am on M2F HRT.

John
    John (Legal name)

Preferred pronouns: he, his, him

Hey listen, if that photo of Michelle with Jeffrey Tambor (and "unidentified") had appeared in any other context than this forum, I doubt she'd have been read. How about we lay off her?

Lallie
    Time for a change.

Saying Hi Caitlyn is microaggressive, because it calls attention to your gender variance (she might as well have called out "hey trans female!") and glosses over your individual identity, putting you in the same box as Caitlyn when your story may vary in important ways. That would not sit well with me, either.

Gold Member
    People think they are being "cool" with the Jenner references. It is not malice.

Kind of like anything else, people want to relate. It is for the same reason that younger wanna-be tough guys talk about gangs, or talk about martial arts when they see a bodybuilder, or kids talk about their stupid Honda civics when they see an ACTUAL muscle car. Or maybe someone brings up Nickelback when they hear the phrase "That really sucks"

But yeah, some of us are tired of hearing about Jenner. Today it is just an occupational hazard of being TG.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

i have been keeping my distance for a bit because i don't need the negativity and i don't want to deal with the naysayers but i had to brake my silence for this tread.
    First i have not been called caitlyn jenner yet.
    2nd congratulations to you for going up to her and talking that takes a tremendous amount of confidence in ones self and courage to do that. I still cant do it.
    3rd its hard to tell what we are doing wrong by a picture.if you have friends you hang with ask them they will see how you walk,talk and carry yourself, we are who we are im sorry to say. it took me years to walk like a women in heels and to carry myself properly. but my voice is f%$#.
    but you make the most of it.
    do you feel good about yourself?
    do you feel happerier with who you are?
    are you at ease?
    if you answered yes to all of these then there you go.
    enjoy your life hun and my advice would be don't ever ask anyone what do they think is wrong unless they are face to face or a really good friend because that can do more damage then some women calling you whatsherface
    i have seen this question before and some people can be very rude and have no tack what so ever.
    we have spent a long time as a man and there is a lot of work to do change back to who we really are on the inside. it is going to take time. I don't know if your on hrt because i don't know your back round so i am assuming you are transiting because you are here. if not the same advice still applys.
    by the way i think its really cool you have your picture taken with jeffery tambor. i would frame it if it was me.
    and as for the other not so nice people that made those comments about you back the f%$% off.
    im sorry for being rude but i hate that crap. and by the way michelle look at other women study them (but not in a perverted way lol). you would not believe how many carry themselves like men ,shaped like men hell even look like men. its mind staggering really. unless its a calgary thing.
    enjoy your life hun you only get one so make the most of it.

julie summers