Thread: The Little Things

The Little Things

Sometimes it's just the little incidents that brighten a day and make me happy. My s/o has never seen Karate Kid , so I set out to rectify this . As I was pulling up Amazon, the front page popped up with recommendations based on what I had looked at - lots of flowy dresses and cute heels, of course! She saw this, and we shared a giggle over my shopping list. It was such a supportive moment, when she just acknowledged and was totally accepting of me. Even though I was in boy mode for the weekend, she was completely comfortable and welcoming with this little bit of my feminine side that popped up.

Hell-o Stephanie,
    Little as it may seem, it's still huge!
    And how about that movie?
    Mr. Myagi was so wise!
    How did your wife like it?
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    That's great! My wife doesn't want me in makeup, etc but will compliment me on things like my toenail polish or short shorts if I wear them around the house...it really is the small things, little signs of acceptance that are so nice..
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Gold Member
    My wife a long time ago saw a Maids outfit in a magazine; And she ordered it with out me
    knowing. When it came, addressed to me, I opened it in front of her, she started to laugh,
    and laugh. That is when she told me that I was going to wear that all day on Halloween.
    Well I was both surprised and embarrassed at the same time.
    Well the Big day came, and she dressed me with fish net black hose and all.
    I was a site, but I did hand out the trick and treat candy wearing the outfit.
    I received a lot of praise, specialty from the moms of the kids. Every one thought I look cute.
    I did not have a wig on, and still wearing my mustache, But at the end of the night, I did
    not want to take it off.
    It was a fun day.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    And how about that movie?
    Mr. Myagi was so wise!
    My girlfriend liked it a lot! Might have been a deal-breaker otherwise, lol

Reality Check
    Yes, you have to watch that with amazon.com. Also eBay. And lots of times you will get ads on your browser from websites you have visited. payless and Paula Young are good for this. It's fine if everyone knows but it could be embarrassing in some situations.

Rader, that sounds like a ton of fun! I actually have a maid's costume that I picked up for Halloween but never ended up wearing...

Krisi - yes, I get funny ads popping up on facebook after browsing, but those can be deleted pretty quickly, at least. I don't think anyone particularly pays attention to them if they're glancing over my shoulder though, so I don't worry about it too much...

Sweet story Stephanie... and good that you can have a giggle about it...

On a serious and trying-to-be-helpful note, Amazon does allow you to both disable personal ads (based on your purchase history) and modify the product recommendations so us closeted, secretive types can at least attempt to keep our little passion hidden... First thing that pops up on my Amazon home page now is OPI Flashbulb Fuschia... but that was a present for the wife, so the other option (and a good one) is just to make sure you keep buying her lots of girly stuff too... and then you can borrow it...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

LOL, just looked on Amazon - make up, dresses and computer components on recommendation

Little things mean a lot. (by Kitty Kallen)

Youtube is also bad for their suggestions. Clearing cookies should ease the problem.
    DonnaT