Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Overcoming that last dressing hurdle

I agree with those who said your arms (the tattoo, the muscles, and even the farmer's tan) are not so unheard of (unseen of?) on women. Sure, you're not skinny model thin, but very few women are. I also agree with your attitude that you might as well be comfortable. Congratulations on another hurdle hurdled!

(Heidi - I chuckled)

I've used sheer tops like these under my dresses. They're too sheer for me to where without a dress covering it, but they add just enough cover to make me comfortable.

I've recently started getting more dresses, and I often bare my arms (like you), with the main issue being my arm hair which I'm afraid to shave due to expected negative comments from my wife.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I don't see any issues with the pictures Isha! We can be our worst enemy. The tan is what I would worry about more. I like to ride motorcycles and always with gloves so my arms are very tanned from my tank tops allowing sun directly to most my arms but my hands are so white. I was taught a wide wrist band covering the area of the change really hides the issue! Maybe something similar can be done for the arms?

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Bria View Post
    I used a little foundation to blend from the white upper arm to the tan lower arm.
    A number of the cosmetic manufacturers do Body Makeup products. It appears to be something like a creme foundation and you rub it on like skin lotion.

DeeAnn

You look great...I only wish I looked that good.

That's cool. Enjoy the feeling of liberation.

Gone to live my life
    HI all,

Thanks much for your kind comments. I wore another sleeveless top again this week while out (taking some leave time). I have planned my working debut outfit which will include a sleeveless dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Stevens View Post
    . . . Hey, I know it gets hot in Canada at least 3 or 4 days a year, so you can't wear parkas all the time!
    Hi Heidi,

It's not that bad it is at least one or two weeks a year

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERDRESSER View Post
    Guy arms ...huh. You should come walk round my workplace. We have more than a few GG climbers, their arms could put yours to shame!
    I hear you. A few weeks back a woman came to the gym and when she stripped off her running jacket, well let's just say there were a few guys who felt a bit small around her.

Quote Originally Posted by Donnagirl View Post
    . . . And where did you get that bum??? (Professional jealousy / curiosity only - no other reason to ask!!!)
    Hi Donna,

LOL . . . funny thing, it comes from my father's side of the family as all the men on his side tend to have "junk in the trunk". I remember when I was first in the military an out with some mates (we were bar hopping), I was wearing jeans and one guy walking behind me said . . . "Marcel, you got an a$$ like a chick" . . . I was a bit put off by the comment but who what of thought it would be a blessing later on in life . Now my mother's side of the family the men have no butt whatsoever . . . crack and back as my younger sister says

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    .... Well, a skull with a knife through it that's emblazoned "Death From Above" will probably take some serious sang froid to pull off, but these days I imagine it can be done.
    Hi Jennie,

Which is exactly what I would have had covering my forearm if I had not taken time to reflect during a drunken haze when I was 18 sitting in a tattoo parlor in Amsterdam . . . I even had the transfer on the arm . . . but decided not to go with it. I waited until much later in life to get a tattoo.

Hugs all,

Isha

Hi Isha,

So now you have to visit Florida and really show off those sexy arms! (Not to mention the tush...) Hey, get ready for summer.

Hugs,

Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Love the look.
    After searching my lingerie drawers, I have come to the conclusion that they lied. Ruffles don't have ridges. At least mine don't.

I think you look more like a somewhat masculine woman than a guy. I would be careful with that sleeveless sundress, however. I love sundresses too, but with my guy shoulders, it just does not work!