Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mom and brother are talking to my wife

Mom and brother are talking to my wife

I came out today to my mom about wanting to be a female. She didn't take it too lightly, and while i'm not very religious, they both told me that I was confused, and that my medications are making me not think straight and that Satan has ahold of me, etc. . I just found out a few moments ago that they are trying to talk my wife into having me committed to a psych hospital. . . Now, i know some legal limbo, and if i'm not mistaken, I can only be forced committed if i am a threat to myself or others, correct? Me being transgender has nothing to do with anything. I feel this way 100%, and they just can't accept it. They both told me that i would also be their son/brother no matter what gender I was, and that they would not accept me being a female.

Thoughts?

Banned Read only
    Professional Counseling?

DeeAnn

They want to commit me to a psychiatric hospital. . . Not happening.

I think they are confused, Psych hospitals don't remove Satan, neither does "medication", although the old process of hung, drawn & quarted, or burning at the steak, helped some victems of Satan, unfortunately many didn't survive this process.

Maybe time to move on and start a family you want, where crazy people can't get involved.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I think that you should get legal help, and not from a forum.

One caution, people of the type you're dealing with here are not beneath outright lying to achieve their aims. It is possible that they will invent and report to authorities a scenario in which you are danger to yourself or others to achieve their aims.

Be prepared, know where you stand legally.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I agree Eryn, and I have thought about that, too. My wife is the only one that can have me committed, and i confronted her about it, and she she unless I did show danger to myself or others, she wouldn't, because she has done it to a friend before, but that friend of hers was suicidal and had taken a lot of pills. . . Myself, I am 100% clear on this. I know what I want

Mackenziem,

I feel for you, I had a very similar reaction to coming out to my family as a transexual woman. I heard it all and endured a week long assault of nasty text messages , phone calls and in person chats...

This is the medication talking not you, stop the meds and all will return to normal... Not a chance!!

Your confused and need help ( already seeing a psychologist thanks)

They called my wife and assured me of being gay and liking men ( I am gay but am a lesbian)

And then at the end of it they wished my son a happy life as obviously he was going to need it with s dad like me... Classy

At the end of the day your choice to transition is to do what is best for you, not them. I removed my mother and brother from my families life and they got the point quick. Since then I have held them at arms length and have never let them back in since. They are trying to earn my trust back but it will take time for those scars to heal.

As long as you are not a threat to people or yourself they have nothing to base the need to commit you on. Distance yourself a little until it calms down. I wish you the best...

Megan
    I'm outta here...

JESUS,, I thought it was Bad in Miss! Good Lord ,, What are these people thinking? Did I just wake up in the 1900's or WHAT ?????? If I were you I would RUNNNNNNNNNN away from the Jerry Springer show and find me a new spot to live!! Some people !

I feel alone. I have noone except you all here I need a friend. I honestly wish I could find a female who will accept me for who I am and not judge me. But finding someone like that is like finding a needle in a haystack. My mother told me that no matter if i get the surgery or not, I will always be her SON, because she doesn't have any daughters. My wife told me that if i do anything to alter my appearance, such as wear makeup, start taking female hormones, then she will make me leave. Honestly, I think if i had some place to go and could afford to leave, I would.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    You know the whole Satan thing is just bullshit, right? You are real and the forces that drive your distractors are just contrived bullshit!

Enjoy YOUR life!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

mackenzie, people don't get committed to a psych hospital simply based on somebody else's say-so. Your freak-show family might succeed in having the police or an EMS team deliver you to the emergency ward of a local hospital by spinning a web of lies that might convince them that you need psychiatric help, but that's where their involvement stops. At that point, you would have been delivered into the care of trained medical professionals who would be able to make their own un-biased assessments of your mental state based on standardized DSM-IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Revision IV) diagnostic guidelines.

The good news is that according to this Manual - which all practicing psychiatrists and psychologists must adhere to - transgenderism is no longer considered to be a mental disorder, and this will likely prove to be a huge disappointment for your overbearing, prejudiced, and uneducated family (bonus!).

On the contrary, not only will no psych hospital of any repute keep you committed to "cure" you of your transgenderism, they will more than likely provide you instead with access to the type of counselling that will enable you to come to terms with and accept your condition, while also giving you the tools to deal effectively with the "haters" in your life.

Carla, yes I know. I 100% agree with you. I don't have a problem with religion. I was raised in church up until 17. I was forced to go. My mom and brother are just pissed because they think it's wrong. They said "God don't make mistakes", etc. . . My mom was here yesterday when I got home from work and that's when I told her. She kept on and on and on about me always being her SON no matter what ends up happening. She said she would always love me, but would not support me in this. That's when I told her that she could go home. . . She did!

Leslie, that's what I want! I know this is what I want. I have thought about it a lot, and I really believe this all started a few years after i started puberty. Maybe when I was 15 or so. I didn't give it much thought through my teens because I was in school, athletic, etc. Just didn't have time to think about it. At the age of 20, yeah, I thought about it a little bit, but I was married and had a child, and knew it wasn't the right time. I'm 32 now, and even though I work, that's pretty much all I do. I am trapped inside of a male's body, and I want out!

i know how you feel. i want to come out to my family but like you they are so faith based the irogent kind. i had a conversation about politics today with my mom knowing where it would go. i led it from the confedreate flag debate into abortion into gay marriag and transgender. i was sly in this to get her feelings i already knew. she told me it was unchristian. i told her i had friends that way and only god can judge and we should love our neighbors. i kinda let her know how i felt while acepting her belief but she flat out said she does not agree with it and would never. she had some choice ignorent words and i changed the subject. i qusse i will never come out to them. so aplaued you for haveing the courage to do so.

Amy, this stuff isn't easy. The following is a quote that my mom texted me earlier today

"That's NOT who you are and you know it. YOU are in GODs hands, and if you really want to put me in my grave then go ahead but trust me you will regret it. I do NOT want to see you in any female clothes. I love you and always will but you are making the biggest mistake of your life"

GUILT TRIP, maybe? Sorry, not working on me!

that sounds like a guilt trip. my mother does that. if a long enogh time goes by she tells me she would better off be dead noone would miss her. i always assume acting like this was just what older parents do to keep there kids comming back home. so i know how it is.

you do what is right for you. dont let noone make you do anything you dont want. legally they cant commit you unless you are a danger. and thanks to the world being so grand at the moment i have a feeling your route will lead you to counsling where your doctor will tell you that what your feelings are telling you. then that doctors input may help your case with your family.

I certainly hope so! I want to start the process. If that means that I have to be out on my own, living in my vehicle for a while, then so be it. I will be ok!

thats where i am at in my life. im about to move from oklahoma i think to the east coast or the west coast and start my life new. if my family wants to be a part of my life they will let me know. i know i am makeing the right decsion. it came clear to me end of last year that i was makeing the right move.

Where in Oklahoma do you live right now? I'm in West-Central Arkansas.

Mac,
    This is discouraging. I just looked up the main list of local psychologists and counselors, in Fort Smith.
    https://therapists.psychologytoday.c...tr=BackResults

I could not find even one that listed "gender" in their long lists of problems treated. Some listed "sexual addiction" and "internet addiction". Only one listed gay, lesbian and bisexual problems.

Many listed their "Orientation" as Christian.

One listed "heterosexuals" under "Categories".

I was going to suggest getting a counselor of your choice in advance as a sort of pre-emptive strike. Now, I am not so sure that would work.

I had the same problems in my town. Read the internet information and websites carefully--choose a counselor wisely.

Compare the services and specialties available in your town, with the east coat or west coast town like San Francisco.

Maybe an internet or phone counselor from California would work out better. Dr. Vitale for instance.
    http://avitale.com/

Actually, on second thought, I found one that listed "Transexual issues"
    http://www.chenaltherapy.com/?page_id=10
    Last edited by JenniferR771; 06-26-2015 at 10:59 PM. Reason: ps

thank Jennifer. I looked too. I may have to find one in Tulsa, or Oklahoma City.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Yes that was a guilt trip nothing more.
    If she throws up religion just say you believe God made everyone right? God has a plan right? I believe that too.
    Then say well God made me the way I am and I have felt more female than male my whole life and if you had any compassion you would try to understand because thats what God would want you to do.
    If she gets upset quietly say you know how about acting like a real Christian and not pretending to be one.
    Just my 2cents
    Last edited by Tracii G; 06-26-2015 at 11:03 PM.

i am from southeast oklahoma. it is hard to find doctors here in the bibel belt. to religiouse and old fasion. i have found a few in scottsdale arizona and a few more in sanfransisco. thats where i may go for my therapy. if your welling to travel there easier to find towerds the coast,s

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Try to find the closest GLBT center in your area. They can put you in contact with doctors that deal expressly with TG people.

Banned Read only
    You are what you are and you're certainly not crazy....medical and phsycological science has proven that THEY are! You need professional advice for sure but my two cents worth says evaluate your relationship with your wife and seriously come to terms with the possibility you might need to LEAVE the asylum! 😠

You need to rid yourself of toxic people. Fast.