Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mom and brother are talking to my wife

All good advice here Mackenzie...

Find your nearest local LGBT resource - they may be able to help with advising suitably qualified counsellers or other support options, including legal.

Get away from these unaccepting and potentially dangerous influences on your life.

Do both of these FAST!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Mackenzie,

While we can definitely offer support and advice, take what you read with a grain of salt. You know your family and wife better than any of us. While some may be advocating just tell it like it is, you also have to be prepared for the knock on effects . . . loss of family, potential loss of wife and compare this with what you potentially stand to gain . . . emotional comfort in being who you need to be. It is obvious now that your family and wife and quite likely many more know about you so my question is . . . what do you want? If you know in your heart of hearts you want to be a woman then you need to take the steps necessary to achieve that aim but unfortunately it will come at a cost. If this is the path you choose, your first step is to seek gender identity counseling with someone who specializes in such things to help bring order to chaos (I see you are looking into it which is a good thing). You might also want to have an exit plan in place just in case things go south quickly. Do you have close friend who you might feel comfortable confiding in? Is there a TG support group anywhere in your area?

Hugs

Isha

Why you chose to come out to your dogma driven intolerant family is totally beyond my comprehension. I would suspect that if they do attempt to have you committed that they'll enlist the lying assistance of some fire and brimstone spewing members of their church to vouch for their truthfulness and concern, and try to paint you as a deviant. In places where rationalism is not a sin, you would have an easy time convincing the team of doctors they will lie to that you are not a threat. In the heart of Bible thumping country, where the possibility that there are others like Caitlyn Jenner scares the crap out of them and threatens their perfect world, you may have a struggle on your hands. If there is a local LGBT group, see if there are any LGBT lawyers they would recommend, go have a chat, lay down a few bucks as a retainer, and have him/her on standby to be your legal advocate in case your nut job family tries to make good on their threat.

I especially recommend making plans to get out of Dodge sooner, rather than later. I would expect your family to start telling everyone you know that you are professing to be trans in a feeble attempt to shame you publicly and in an attempt to cut you out of the herd and isolate you.

Good luck.
    Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

I think your right to find help via the right counselling. If your family start to get involved I dont see them looking for someone who is tg friendly to help.

You may want to speak to a lawyer too before it gets too messy. I only say this as I want to be prepared for the worst , as I dont see a happy ending.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    They're panicking and way out of their depth. You've had a lot of time to come to terms with your crossdressing, they've had a few hours. Keep calm, and keep in touch with us. I don't know your age, but you should look at your legal rights very closely.

Exciting times...

Hugs, Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

After reading all the responses from our "sisters" and also you input to those responses the answer is really quite simple--------first thing is to see a therapist, second thing see a good lawyer, and I mean A GOOD LAWYER!!!!!!, third say nothing anymore to everyone concerning your thoughts, feelings and your ambitions when you do it's like throwing gasoline on a fire IE:your mom. Now you must also consider the prospect of a nasty divorce and limited visits to your child or children.

In any event, I wish you happiness and fulfillment in whatever path you take.

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Reality Check
    You say in your first post that you want to become female but in post #9 you say you want a female who will accept you for what you are. That sounds a bit confusing. If you're going to become a woman, wouldn't you want a male who accepts you?

I think it's time to backup and figure out exactly what you want and how you're going to accomplish it. This may be the time for you to seek professional help because it's the most important decision you will ever make in your life. It's not something that can be reversed.

BTW: If you can't afford to leave your wife, how can you afford the $100K or so it costs to feminize your body?

To the OP:
    Sorry to hear your family and wife are not at all currently supportive of you.
    Will that change over time? Its not impossible and had/has happened to some here.

As some say, you pulled the pin on (the tranny) grenade and this well, went boom!
    Good news, even if you don't see it yet, is that the worse is over and you now know where you stand.

The next step is to make plans and decide what is, and isn't, important to you.
    Many of us have lost a lot transitioning, but in the end we also saw that what we lost wasn't nearly as much as what we gained and in the end are better off for it.

Yes, it sucks, a LOT, I know, trust me as I've lost friends, (some) family, and a host of other things, but I wouldn't trade going back for the world.
    There are a lot of us TS here, so know you have the support of people who are, or have already gone through this.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    You say in your first post that you want to become female but in post #9 you say you want a female who will accept you for what you are. That sounds a bit confusing. If you're going to become a woman, wouldn't you want a male who accepts you?
    Krisi, Did you know there are wonderful females on this planet that are attracted to other females?
    We even have a name for them too! They are called LESBIANS. And they have cousins called BISEXUALS.
    Not every Woman is attracted to or wants/needs a Man in her life. :P
    Last edited by Sammy777; 06-27-2015 at 12:38 PM.
    Warning: This post may contain up to 63% post consumer recycled Sarcasm ... or Peanuts."
    "Sammy, really next time do try to make your point without being quite so abrasive." -RD

@ Krisi - I have no desire to be with a male, so i guess you could say I will end up being a lesbian.

Mackenzie:

I am deeply religious myself, and it constantly amazes me how quickly some, supposedly, religious people accuse others of being in the power of Satan. As far as I can see, "Satan" is just another term for "hatred," "anger," "self centeredness," and "lies." You might want to remind your mother and brother about this, and that Chritianity is about love and acceptance, not hatred.

All the best,
    Cynthia