Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you do it?

Smile Would you do it?

My friends (who I recently came out to) have asked me some very intriguing questions. So of them I used to think I know my answer, but now not so sure any more.

If you can dress 100% of time, would you do it?

I used to think that I would want to stay in male mode in my daily life, and go out dressed occasionally in my spare time. Now I have made the step of coming out to my friends, and think more about it, I am not so sure. Would I do it? If I had the courage of Isha and came out to all my colleagues, would I want to dress all the time? I am not sure about my answer now. (I don't know Isha's answer too).

If you had that chance, would you do it? How can I find out if I really want to do it in reality (instead of just fantasying about it)? Is the actually doing it the only way to find out?

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No. But I know I'm a CD and not a TS. However, it took me 14 years to figure that out!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Yes - would love to be out at work - but I suspect that would only happen if I was 24/7

For me no, but I'm gender fluid. I definitely have "male" days when it would be too weird to dress femme.

It took me many years to find out that I wasn't just a pervert that liked panties and nothing more.

Not sure. I'd like to, but work pressures and how I have to look for my job may prevent that. In any case, dressing for me takes forever, can't see me doing anything else than putting on a bit of slap, some girly jeans and tshirt if I did it everyday.

I can and do .But then I am trans gender and have lived as a woman full time for the last 9 years (2006)

Hugs Annette
    "It takes more courage for a man to appear in public wearing a dress than to charge into battle"

Me July 2005

No thanks, bad enough shaving occasionally let alone daily
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I will dress 100% of my time if i could.i love to crossdress. cant wait for someone to dress me how they want in my country and in my city.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Leslie,

I would have to say at the present "no". Like Bridgette, I have definite "guy" days where the thought of dressing does not intrigue me. Now, those days have dwindled somewhat and my girl days are likely to stretch out to longer periods once I start my new position and have the latitude to dress when I wish. However, I still feel guy some days.

Hugs

Isha

There are times when I would love to go out without changing to male but I would never be feminine 24/7. I need the balance in my life - basically male with a great love of wearing soft fabrics and expressing my female side.

If I could do it all the time apart from at work (which I have no chance of doing there) then it would be very tempting, but it would cause a bit of conundrum,

If I wore my female clothes all the time they would get worn from day to day life because I'd have to wash them more and as Rachel said I'd have to shave everything daily.

But on the bright side, I'd have to shop more because I'd need more clothes!!!!!

As others have said we all like to have our guy days as well, but I think if I dressed in women's clothes everyday I end up wearing just Jeans and a nice top with a little bit of makeup just like Anna said, which would still be nice.

Aspiring Member
    Not at the moment. I'm not 24/7/365, and I doubt I have much latitude to do so. Despite already being out to selected colleagues who have openly invoked my female name for laughs above all, they don't have any wish to see me dressed at all.

Being 'Young and Beautiful' wouldn't pull me towards it either just yet. It's an entertaining thought and probably a great relief, that's for sure. Of course, I've got my male days, and I cherish them. But I'm still a long way from allowing myself to dress accordingly whenever I wish rather than by obligation.

Stacy
    I would agree with most of the others. There are times where I have guy mode and do enjoy it. It would be nice to show up to work in a nice black women's suit with heels from time to time. :-)

Crossdress daily? Not a chance, and here's why: it's a very very tedious process, lots of shaving, more makeup than probably any gg ever (beard cover, etc.), tucking, taping this and that, padding this, stuffing that, etc. I would have to wake up at 3 AM just to be presentable, and I still wouldn't "pass". Nevermind the attitudes that a lot of people have towards TG folks.
    ...Now, if we're talking about a sea change, where people were more free to be themselves in society and didn't have to fear being ostracized, ridiculed, and loved ones would be accepting... then, yeah, I would wear women's clothing (as fussy and sometimes uncomfortable as they are) daily, but it would come with transition.
    In which case most of the issues mentioned above would be negated by hormones, hair removal, surgeries, etc.
    ...essentially, I would stop crossdressing.

i would love to dress 24/7 as a woman. in fact i cant waite to start hrs

I did it for a month once. I found it was a lot of work and maintenance. If I had a good reason to, I would do it 24/7.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Good question! While I always thought I would if it was possible I don't think I would 100% of the time, I do like being male still but then again I've never had the opportunity. I've told all my close circle of friends apart from 2 which I intend to tell soon, having the others on board has made dressing more comfortable to me and who knows where I might go from here.

In terms of work, I work in the butcher section in a supermarket so dressing while at work would have to many negatives, aside from having a unisex uniform of an apron coat and hat, the girls have to wear hairnets and that just wouldn't work with a wig. I also do a lot of heavy lifting and the cooked food counters get quite hot so when it's busy it's very sweaty, if I worked at the checkouts then I might say otherwise.

And lastly I'm quite lazy at times so having to shave daily etc sounds like a lot of trouble.

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Reality Check
    If I woke up with a woman's body one morning I would accept it and explain to my family and friends that it just "happened", I don't know why. Waking up with a beard shadow and body hair and a male voice each day, the answer is "No." Way too much trouble to shave and apply beard cover twice a day and trying to avoid speaking or coughing.

But, if any of us wanted to dress as a female every day, it's not illegal. There could be problems but you can do it if you're wiling to put up with all the trouble.

Banned Read only
    YES, especially if you "pass", but not at work yet.

No I would not want to dress full time. I would definitely dress much more often than I do now if I was out to everyone and it would be wonderful to do so but it would restict my normal activities that I enjoy as a male too much.

Platinum Member

24/7/365 Is Not For Me!

Hi Leslie, I have been in this program for over 68yrs. I dress for a couple hrs.
    every morning and a couple hrs. a couple nights a week.
    In my life I feel that I have the best of both Male & Female Worlds.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I don't think I would. I currently identify as a male CD who enjoys expressing the feminine side of their personality on occasion. I dress about once a week, on Saturday nights, go to a club and dance and socialize, and then revert back to male mode for another week. I don't ever see myself trying to transition 100% to a female identity. Work isn't a factor for me, because I telecommute full time and no one I work with ever sees me. I've worked fully Dressed, and as long as I remember not to use my girl voice on phone meetings, no one needs to know I'm in girl mode.

As others here noted, the time it takes to shave all over and do makeup is a consideration. I'm starting to use an eppilator on my legs and arms, and hope to also use it on my body hair as I get used to the initial pain of doing so. If I can get to where I only need to touch up the eppilation once a month or so to remain furless on my arms, legs and at least my upper chest, then I will be much more likely to dress more often.

I'm preparing to move to a new town that is pretty well known for being LGBT friendly, and while making a fresh start there with new neighbors and friends, I am hoping to be out with them and let them know both sides of me - dressing perhaps 50% of the time. But I think the only reason I would consider dressing full time would be if I connected with a new Partner who really, really wanted me to be en-femme full time for them. Otherwise, I prefer to keep my options open for who I might hook up with, and the possibility remains there that I may hook up in a completely straight relationship with a partner that doesn't want me to cross dress at all. If that happens, Ceera can go back in the closet, to only surface on special occasions.

That's a very interesting question. I think if I were in a different life stage, then maybe yes. Where I am now (age, family status, work, etc.), it's not an option. However, if I were younger, I'd consider it. However, I don't consider myself TS, but I'd love to be in female garb full time. And who knows, maybe I'd consider more if I were younger. I do believe God made me who I am for a reason, but it's interesting to think about what it would be like to dress and even live as a female 100%. And yes, I'm jealous every day of the things women get to wear, and frustrated as most of them take it for granted.

I will let you know next month. I am off to San Francisco early July 2015. I intend for the 1st time to dress 24/7. I am under no illusions that SF (from what I have read online) is 'ringfenced' when it comes to acceptance. But I stick with my adage; "I’m on a journey and the destination will reveal itself. I don’t need to hurry any more".