Thread: Name change... yaaay! Um... d'oh!

Name change... yaaay! Um... d'oh!

I received my name change certificate from the Ontario government yesterday. Yaaay!

Wait. WTF. OMG.

They misspelled Dianne. I quadruple-checked my original application and there were definitely two N's.

I realize that Diane is the more common spelling, but I want two N's, dammit! So I guess I get to wade through the thickets of bureaucracy one more time...

Yours frustratedly,

DiaNNe.

DiaNNe, Don't you just love government bureaucracy! I had a professor years ago that talked about the "law of maximum inconvenience." I think that government bureaucracy is a synonym! I hope that correcting the mistake isn't more difficult than the original request.

Best of luck!

Hugs, Bria

Untitled
    If its their fault, it should be a non issue, however, I hope you kept copies of your paperwork, just to prove it is their error
    Listen carefully to what is said, quite often you can hear what is not being said

The joy of correcting a mistake can bring pain to another

Ugh....that sucks! Talk about taking the wind out of your sails!! So sorry to hear that.

I am about 10 months down the road from filing my application in Ontario....hope they get it right!

Hopefully there will not be too much of a delay for you.....

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Oh gosh...i have to admit i'm really sorry...I'd be all over them to get it right!!!

your truly

Katilyyyyyn

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    ...now I'm getting nervous... With the application sitting here in front of me waiting final notary signatures to send.
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Nigella: Yes, I kept a copy of my application. I faxed the relevant page into them as evidence.

Erin: I'm hopeful it'll be fixed quickly. The person I spoke to on the phone immediately gave me instructions for requesting a correction, so I guess this happens often enough that they have procedures in place to correct mistakes.

Jennifer: I think you're OK if your name is reasonably common and you use the most common spelling. "Dianne" is the more common spelling where I grew up, but here in North America it seems "Diane" is more popular, so that probably threw them off.

Anyway, thanks all for your support!