Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife borrowed my dress

Wife borrowed my dress

We had a function that we had to attend and wife said she didn't know what to wear,, I brought out a few dresses of mine and she wore one to the function,, two people came up to her to compliment her on the dress and both times she smiled at me,, on the way home she told me she liked it and it was going to be in her closet from now on,,,
    Only friends can call me Amy,,, so if your reading this your a friend.

The Band QUEEN Quote " I want to be free"

Hope it wasn't one of your favorites!

Lol if you both wear the same size maybe there should be a joint closet. I can wear many of my wife's tops and some of her dresses. What I would love is if she wore a size 13-14 heel. She has some sharp looking ones but her shoes size is only an 7-8.

I feel your pain! My wife has 'borrowed' things of mine only to have her end adopting them. It makes me smile because I don't mind *that* much and she tells me that I have good taste in clothes. We have separate closets, so it has harder for clothing to 'drift' over to the other side.

I have offered to shop for her, but she still wants to do that herself.

She loans me jewelry, helps me with my hair, other things, so it evens out.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

That is what you might call a "back-handed compliment". If I were you I would just buy another.

Well the good news is she must think you have good taste.

Now you know where to find it if you ever need it again.

I would now be wondering what I might borrow for the right occasion ( with her permission of course )
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Platinum Member
    In the future be sure to tell her where you bought it in case someone wants to know. Or, your wife can tell the person that her husband bought it (for her). My wife and I wear the same size dresses of one manufacturer/line. I see it hanging on her side of the closet everyday. I would love to try it on, but, I know she would not appreciate it at all.

Sounds like a total win to me. Now you have a reason to go buy a new dress! With any luck, she'll want that one too and you can get another. Repeat ad infinitum.

oh that is so cool, way to go!!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

You are very lucky.
    Kindly post your photo in the subject dress.

Careful I bite <3
    My girlfriend does this to most weddings we go to now! She doesn't normally obscond my dress permanently, but she'll borrow it. I have to watch out more for casual clothes I have a few I haven't found since she wore them once.

When she takes something it bugs me a bit, but I honestly don't have the heart to say much because I am happy that they get good use!

My wife borrows from my stash, though less now that she has lost some weight. We had a chuckle the other day when I asked about a particular sweater she had borrowed from me two years ago. She remarked, "Oh, I'm still borrowing it."

I would love it if my GF could borrow my skirts, or me hers. She has given me items that are too big for her, and she has accepted some stuff I used to wear, and gotten too big for. I gave her a skirt the other day, I bought it knowing it would be too small as is, but I could modify it ( wrap skirt ) But I also had in mind that the fabric was something she would like, and so it turned out! I do have a favourite skirt that she has threatened to steal and take down to her size!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Careful I bite <3
    My SO is a bit smaller than me too so we do some of the same swaps as well.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERDRESSER View Post
    I would love it if my GF could borrow my skirts, or me hers. She has given me items that are too big for her, and she has accepted some stuff I used to wear, and gotten too big for. I gave her a skirt the other day, I bought it knowing it would be too small as is, but I could modify it ( wrap skirt ) But I also had in mind that the fabric was something she would like, and so it turned out! I do have a favourite skirt that she has threatened to steal and take down to her size!

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    You might ask your wife if you could borrow it back. I bought a new top; which turned out to be a little tight on my. So I suggested that my wife try it on, she did and said you is going to wear it to work tomorrow.
    Dana Ryan

I was debating whether to confiscate a blouse my wife was sending to Goodwill, but she beat me to it and asked if I wanted it. I was shocked, thinking it was a taboo to her. I now have two of them in my wardrobe. As much as she dislikes my crossdressing, she still surprises me. Now If I can just wrangle more room in our closet for my clothes....

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U r quite fortunate in a number of ways, CD1. My ex was a slim little thing when we married. But expanding greater during our 10 years together. When she moved out, she took all the moomoos but left a number of outfits from her showgirl days. I found I could squeese into some of them.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    I kept trying to get my SO to wear my dresses but he looked like a man in a dress.

Platinum Member
    Hi Amy, That is the kind of story that really makes me feel great.

My wife has adopted a few of my things.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I couldn't think of a nicer compliment. Your wife has great taste! Not to mention that she sounds great, period!.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Reality Check
    My wife borrowed one of my blouses one time and our (female) friend complimented her on it. I was waiting for my wife to say "Oh, it's Homer's" (not my real name).

So once in a while she will wear a blouse of mine or perhaps a dress or skirt. While we each have our own clothes, they are paid for out of the same funds and they are available to either of us whenever we want.

My late wife and I borrowed each others clothes all the time. We had a running argument over a LBD that we both claimed. all in fun tho.

Wow everyone is totally cool with this. I guess I'm one weird person. Cause if my wife would borrow something from me I two would be flattered, but if she claims it afterwards a storm would darken a clear blue sky.
    do not label me for i am unique

My best friend in the 80's had a thing for buying colourful fleece jackets, his wife would see the new colour and "borrow" it. Unfortunately, she was about a 36 DD, maybe E, so they never looked right on him once they had adjusted to her shape.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

my wife borrows my clothes all the time. We wear the same size so it's cool. She wishes we wore the same shoe size too. She looks a lot better in my stuff than I do.

Gwendolyn