Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wife borrowed my dress

Jorja, I just don't know what to say, except you have lightened my morning!

Hugs, Bria

Genderfluid Swiftie DanielleLee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda_K View Post
    Wow everyone is totally cool with this. I guess I'm one weird person. Cause if my wife would borrow something from me I two would be flattered, but if she claims it afterwards a storm would darken a clear blue sky.
    I don't think you're weird Linda. I agree with you and would be a bit annoyed if my spouse were to claim something of mine. Share it, borrow it as much as you'd like or even ask me if you can have it... that's fine; but to claim something of mine is now yours? I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielleLee View Post
    I don't think you're weird Linda. I agree with you and would be a bit annoyed if my spouse were to claim something of mine. Share it, borrow it as much as you'd like or even ask me if you can have it... that's fine; but to claim something of mine is now yours? I don't think so.
    I agree. She wouldn't want you claiming her favorite outfits, would she? I do agree with the others that sharing is probably the best policy, if you can make that work - twice the clothes for both of you!

My wife borrow my pants, only my pants she didnt like my dresses

Platinum Member
    Remind her that sharing is fun!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Junior Member Marie-Claude, France's Avatar
    My wife and I share the same sizes for everything, including shoes. It is strange to see her admiring my jeans with shining eyes - I had to give them as a gift -. In fact, I am happy when she picks some of my clothes...

It would be a dream to have my wife borrow some of Christina's clothes! You are so lucky. Congratulations on the compliments your dress received.

The thought of my SO borrowing my clothes is pure fantasy.
    The idea is hilarious for me.
    She's 5.5 and I'm 6.0'. When i did ever try a stretchy skirt of hers one time years ago, she found out.

On a 'nice to have' scale, the fact that there are couples who can do borrow from each other and enjoy it is very dear.

Congrats also !

Thanks for the share!
    ~Char
    "Little darling, the smiles are returning to the faces. Little darling, it feels like years since its been here. .... Here come the sun... - George Harrison "Here Comes the Sun"

That is a great story...thanks for sharing. But you do need to jokingly remind her that it's yours, right?
    ;o)

My wife and I have a great, long-lasting DADT relationship which works great because she travels often. Two years ago we had a funeral to attend which of course meant the requisite dark dress, black hose for her. She managed to put a run in her pantyhose before leaving the house and went to change, only to realize she had no more black PH's so she comes back down to the kitchen where I am having coffee and...you guessed it: 'honey, do you have any black hose'?

Of course, I did -but I told her they were stockings and not pantyhose so she would need to wear one of my girdles or garter belts and she said 'sure...that will work' so I went upstairs, gave her a nice Rago 6206 and a pair of new Berkshire Kicks non-stretch stockings which she quickly donned.

I have to admit it was sensually stimulating to know that my wife spent the afternoon in one of MY girdles and MY stockings. And BTW, she loved the stockings and subsequently, purchased some for herself to wear with a garter belt....
    Last edited by Helen 2; 07-02-2015 at 10:41 AM.

My wife travels a lot for work. One time she was in India for about a month and had brought tons of clothes so she wouldn't have to wash any while gone.

When she got back she was exhausted and her laundry sat for days. Then she got a call that she was needed immediately in her company's Los Angeles office. All of her work appropriate clothing was a wrinkled mess and all her undergarments were now dirty. She literally had an hour to pack before a cab would pick her up on a Sunday afternoon.

She started raiding my closet like a mad woman. Our height difference made it difficult, but she managed to find 3 skirts and a few decent top options. Then she raided my underwear drawer. I was like no way. Because I'm really not into that at all. In the end I let her take them as long as she replaced them.

It was funny to get a picture every day of her in her new work outfit.

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    I just spoke with my SO, Miss Girlfriend about this; she gets it that we refrain from wearing our wive's/girlfriend's things out of respect. She appreciates that effort on my part especially. But when I commented about how we somehow feel validated when they borrow our things, she said that we take it as a compliment. Since we are who we are, compliments are far and few between sometimes, so we take them where we can get them. Such a compliment from a spouse or SO can be a monumental esteem booster.

Ever & Always,
    Caden Lane
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

Wife does not enjoy my clothes, if only as a home. My clothes relates to the low price category. Unlike her clothes

I'm a foot taller than my wife who is quite petite, especially in her waistline. Not much she could borrow from my wardrobe, even is she wanted to. As a bit of a sidebar, we were shopping together recently and discovered a few items we both wanted. When she asked why I didn't buy the same item in my size, I told her I preferred to give her first choice. She responded with "too bad we aren't the same size, we could share." I agreed that could be both practical and fun.

Karen

My now ex wife used to wear my ball gowns, as she didnt own one must admit they did look amazing on her x

I too have had this happen. She comes out one day ready for work wearing a new top. So i am like, "thats a really nice blouse". She then responds with, "You should like it, it used to be yours". I still haven't seen it since But i guess its a fair trade

Quote Originally Posted by jigna View Post
    You are very lucky.
    Kindly post your photo in the subject dress.
    Dress or it didn't happen?

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Aspiring Member
    Uh, oh... you just released a fashion monster.

Banned Read only
    In the last 8-10 years, the only thing that I remember my wife borrowing is a bra. During one of my expatriate assignments in Taiwan, we were preparing to go to a company gathering. She was going to wear something that she had recently bought in-country, but realized that all the bras she had brought with her would show through. Just so happened that I had brought a lacy tan Olga stretch bra that was a perfect fit when I removed the extender. I don't recall that we have talked about it since...

DeeAnn

Mimi and I share a lot of clothing. It makes me feel better that the clothes I buy get used more. Although we each have our own end of our closet there is no clear line of demarcation between them!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

I think you are up on the deal, I wish I was married to a woman like that
    Kim

Would be awesome to be married to a woman like that. For me, one problem. Either I lose 80 pounds or she gains 80 before we could share.
    Im a good looking guy that is sometimes a pretty girl.

My Girlfriend and I are almost identical in size, shes a little larger in the hips and waist but im a little larger in the stomach and shoulders. We're very similar in height, we both like shopping at the same few stores, and we have some similar tastes. We pretty much share all of our clothes now, although I have my own closet for mine and she has her own closet for hers, we're constantly borrowing eachothees clothes. She has more casual stuff and I have more formal dresses and skirts. She even uses my panties and my bras because my forms are very close to the size of her breasts. We both like this arrangement a lot.
    Lydia

"Nothing in life is to be feared; it is only to be understood."
    -Marie Curie

Small town in western Kansas middle of nowhere
    I don't go out dressed but wife has borrowed a dress of mine to wear out. We just went to a wedding not to long ago and she wore a dress of mine that I had actually forgotten I had because my stuff had been packed away for awhile and she was hanging some of my things up and saw and it wanted something to wear. I didn't mind at all, with the difference in our heights it is long on her than me. I have worn some her dresses on occasion with her permission of course. A few years ago she wore my LBD out because she didn't have one and it was requested that all the gals going out this thing wear one. The LBD was pretty short on me but it fit her really a lot better than it fit me.

I know I'm fortunate to have a wife who is at least at times understanding of my desires and has at times actively participated and enjoyed this part of me. I don't see why if it works out size wise and everything spouses can't share things. I mean we are sharing almost everything else in our lives.
    "It takes all kinds of kinds" Miranda Lambert
    Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
    If they'd look in the mirror they'd find.
    That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
    It takes all kinds of kinds.

You are sooo lucky

Back in the days of girlfriends and female housemates, we were always swapping clothes.

One time I had to wear a dress out as all my shirts and trousers had been borrowed.

There was a trend for girls to wear male clothing out and I had the only supply.

Borrowing a dress for the evening was the solution.

Oh! how sad.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.