Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Angry Encounter

To look at it from another angle, maybe he is a very frustrated crossdresser and it made him angry seeing you when he cannot do it himself.

Just a thought.

Jennifer. xxx
    LIFE IS NOT ABOUT WAITING FOR THE STORM TO PASS
    IT'S ABOUT DANCING IN THE RAIN.

There are lots of these sorts of people around. The gay community knows well how many hateful people there are and they existed long before Caitlyn Jenner and the Supreme Court decision.

I know a person who loves to photograph the wild horses of Nevada. Booking into a hotel she was recognized as a wild horse lover by someone who takes the side of ranchers who lease Federal land for livestock and accuse the wild horses of eating the scarce grass. She was treated to a bout of irrational hatred rather like you were Rhonda.

I know it is hard to do but we have to ignore them. You cannot talk to someone who is angry and irrational.

I have been openly shopping for myself for the last several years. It is so much easier and have always found the salespeople to be helpful with checking in on me for sizes or suggesting other styles. Different stores have different arrangements...in stores that are ALL female oriented I have never had a problem using their dressing areas (VS, Cache, Bebe, Gap Body, Soma, etc) and even in most larger stores (Macys, Nordstrom, Kohls, etc) I use the ladies dressing area. Stores like Ross, Walmart, Marshals..I use the men's dressing area. Only once did I have an EXTREMELY EMBARRASSING situation... I was at Macys and a woman shopper told a sales associate that I was in the changing room with my girlfriend. The sales lady knocked on my door and said men could not accompany women in the changing area....I was completely dressed head to toe in woman's attire (including spike heels)...I opened the door and let her know that I was alone in the dressing room. She apologized profusely and said if I needed any help with sizes or styles to let her know. The Bi.ch that turned me in then stood right outside my door. I could see her thru the slats in the door. The sales lady came back and told the woman to please leave, that she had no right to cause problems for other shoppers. After she got rid of the NOSEY ONE the sales lady came back and told me to take my time and she could get me other sizes when I was ready.. . Since then I have even been more up front and have just been honest and enjoy my shopping. I have openly shopped in large and small towns..Calif,NYC, midwest, and deep south... be courteous, don't prance around in the common area outside your dressing room and they will help you. THEY WANT TO SELL STUFF, they are NOT there to tell you how to live your life.... "the only thing you have to fear is fear itself." It isn't only ANGRY OLD MEN in small "unaware" communities...the person giving me trouble was a thirty something woman in SF area in CALIF.

To look at it from another angle, maybe he is a very frustrated crossdresser and it made him angry seeing you when he cannot do it himself.
    Probably not. But you make a good point. Most men are excited by womens clothes, high heels, nylons, underwear, and sexy bras. Several studies show almost 95% of crossdressers are heterosexual. And I often wonder how many men would like to wear womens clothes, but are afraid to, for various reasons. Some are probably unsure of their manhood, and think they would be gay if they wore womens clothes. Others may be afraid of getting caught. But I'm sure there are many more potential crossdressers than we know.

My guess is that it was a combination of age-related dementia and a lifetime of bad character on his part. An old A-hole is still an A-hole...
    "Don't trust everything you read on the internet"- Thomas Jefferson

Banned Read only
    It's just his age and the fact he's a mugle! During his formitive years it was EXPECTED that you had to hate anyone who wasn't a straight Caucasian male (Caucasian women were OK so long as they knew their place!) Wow, have times changed! 😀 Don't take it so hard, I'm sure he looks at that 'goddamn wireless telephone thing' EXACTLY the same way 😂

Well, I know this is a month old thread, but hopefully there have been no repeat incidents, Rhonda. Welcome to the real world outside of the pink fog
    . There are lots of people who hate us just because of what we are, and want us dead 'just because'. You're lucky this time, it was one old man with his wife. Consider what could have happened if you stopped at a gas station late at night, to pump your gas and a herd of not so CD friendly bikers rode up after getting thoroughly smashed at the local bar. There's a lot of hate out there to go around. Crossdressers are still getting attacked and killed somewhere every day. Don't become one of them just because you wish the world was a completely tolerant place. Wishful thinking can get you killed.
    Last edited by sometimes_miss; 07-29-2015 at 11:39 PM.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hi Rhonda!
    I'm sorry you had to stare at hate so close to home-it's very uncomfortable i know.

Being a CD as long as you has brought many situations like this to my door.
    Many others have covered dementia and how strong ill-will can manifest itself in older folks.

Recently I was bottom dressed (womens' jean, hose, etc) and wore a pair of pointy flats early one morning to work.
    Stopped for gas at a local station it was around 600am.
    There was an older fellow just off my right field of view watching me.
    I was leaning against the car pumping gas and didnt realize i was dipping my foot in and out of one my flats.

He must have keyed in on my hosed foot looking back. He just stared with his hands on his hips.
    Not making eye contact - i felt the icy stare and stood up straight never looking at him.
    When i did look at him, he reminded me of an old marine vet or something.
    He mumbled enough for me to understand "gay...queer...trash dont know your place in the world..."

He moved about 25 feet away and now i looked at him head on.
    There was no provocation or malice on my part. I stood my ground and showed no fear either.
    Quickly and deliberately i closed down the gas pump and planted me back in my car.
    Started it and watched him zoom to my window as i pulled away in an opposite direction.
    Didnot know his intentions but there did not seem good!!

Got away from there and changed my morning routine.

You just never know about people. Your intuition is a girls' best friend (aside from shiney things!)

These types of encounters are the motivation for going out in a group or with like minded friends.

Glad your OK. My heart pounds when i think about how scary it can be!

Peace,
    Charlene
    "Little darling, the smiles are returning to the faces. Little darling, it feels like years since its been here. .... Here come the sun... - George Harrison "Here Comes the Sun"

I think it's time we stop saying it's okay for old people to hate. My 90+ years old grandparents have four daughters, two of whom are lesbians, with a couple gay grandsons, and at least one transgender (me).

He served in WWII as a marine, and both are strongly Catholic.

Neither one has a bone of hate in their body and have always been accepting.

Hate is hate, and it's ugly and gross, no matter what generation you were raised in or where your hate is directed.

Being old is not a good enough excuse anymore.

Judgement, it is everywhere. I know guys that judge woman who are not the best looking and judge and treat them less than better looking women. I would expect no less if they knew what I do. Surely with disdain I expect. The best anyone can hope for is silence with these types. I am responsible for making a few people happy. I agree that the comments you recieved would be disconcerting. Some people just try to put the world and everyone in it into a box and you just dont fit in their box. Sorry you had to go through that.