Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you know another crossdresser?

One of my closest childhood neighborhood friends, about two years older than I, did more than the usual amount of snooping in his mom's closet as a child and at least into his teenage years. He would occasionally show me some of the lingerie items he had acquired -- I suspect raiding neighbor's clotheslines and such may have been involved. He went out as a girl on Halloween a couple of times. I haven't seen him for decades now, and I have no idea if he still dresses up.

Another friend from high school was not quite as public about it, but he had a far greater amount of knowledge about the local drag scene than I think most teenagers could have acquired innocently. I'd love to talk with him about it now, but unfortunately he died a couple of years ago.

I also sincerely wonder about my grandfather -- actually, a step-grandfather, not a blood relative, but certainly a major figure in my life growing up. He was a very gentle, rather feminine soul, and is the only person I know who owned a copy of Harry Benjamin's _The Transsexual Phenomenon_ shortly after it was published in 1966. In his later years, he received estrogen treatment for prostate cancer -- a standard therapy in those days -- which definitely had a physically feminizing effect, but I don't know if he would have chosen this on his own. I never saw him dressed but have often wondered about what went on when I wasn't around.

- Diane

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes, I do. Quite a few actually. Run their name by me, Fany. Maybe I know her.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I do not have know anyone else in my personal that crossdresses. I really wish I did have a friend who did. Even more, I live in a very small town in a very rural area, and I do not believe there will ever be a chance to meet another one to get to know long enough to become friends. However, I do believe you never know what the day will bring you, so there is always hope!

Platinum Member
    Hi Fany, I don't know any other Crossdressers, But every now and then
    I will see this person in the grocery store that I think may be a CD.

I guess that if you want to meet CDs' , Hang out at Lane Bryant, Dress Barn or Payless stores.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 06-30-2015 at 07:11 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

There are two TGs attending my church. Does that count?

I did, but she dissapeared, from email and this board.
    Susann_Gardener

I know a semi-famous TG blogger. She and I share a hobby, ham radio, and we've met at a couple different venues.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

I think it would be nice to have a local cd friend but I don't.

Well, I know one MtF TS, I could call her a friend, but acquaintance is more accurate. I have more than a couple of co-workers who are known to go overboard with costumes when they get the chance. One, who is in a relationship with a girl who used to be a co-worker, has a liking for tutus and other wacky colourful stuff when he does big foot races, his GF is very...butch? Tomboy? Anyway, they make a very cute couple, if bit non-standard. A few other co-workers have asked me about skirt wearing, where to buy, that sort of thing. I have seen a picture, of someone I am almost certain is another colleague, dressed as a girl, and trying to pass, ( not bad job, would look better with a wig ) I know he wears girl's pants at work sometimes. Now that I wear skirts publicly, I am expecting more conversations to occur at some point.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

One MTF TS locally.
    Several ladies from this site that I met (finally) at Keystone.
    It's awesome to actually and personally connect with people that are TG or CD with which you can talk and share.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Quote Originally Posted by Fany27ab View Post
    Marcia blue

It counts,
    So your son crossdress too, how you get with him?
    Dress up together?
    My son is pretty much in the closet. He has seen pictures of me, but I have not seen any of him. I believe he is still trying to find out who he is. I just give him room and let him know that he has support.
    Marcia (LOVES) Blue

Sorry for ask, but whats your son age?
    Last edited by Lorileah; 06-30-2015 at 11:49 PM. Reason: removed quote of post above

No I do not. I do know one mtf trans, she's a close friend and knows about me.

No one I know personally but there is 1 person I know of in my hometown who dresses very androgynous. He is pansexual I believe, I thought of trying to strike up a conversation one time but decided against it in the end
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Yes I do, besides my Fiance Kimmi (CD). Over the past few yrs, Ive socialized with a few. To our home few times, Dinner, lunch once, and to a club a few times that has a show nightly & Dancing in KC, very gurl friendly. Very nice people.
    Stacie

Turns out I do. Several years back I went to one of the fabulous socials Vanity Wilde used to hold every Wednesday in Houston. I was shocked to see one of the dozen or so attendees was a guy I go way back with. I was completely dolled up and am certain he did not recognize me which came as a huge relief as I am not out in any way (nor wish to be) in the vanilla world.

This had repercussions. I no longer shop in drab at Vanity's store, and am even reluctant to go there dolled up. I'm certain my own mama wouldn't recognize me dolled up, but another CDer certainly might. Hugs, Michelle

not in my close personal circle of friends who i see all the time. i do have some transgender friends though.

I only wish as no one here over the years in the Palm Springs area. Just men interested in crossdressers. Closeted so don't get out a lot but would like to find and close friend who I can dress with and share my fem feelings inside with as well sharing ideas on dressing, cloths and makeup.

I've known five other CDers. One lived next to me when I was a child. Unfortunately we never compared notes. I was deathly afraid to let anyone know that I felt like and wanted to be a girl. When I was older and on my own I found a copy of 'Tapestry' from which I made contact with three other TS and CDers. I also made contact with a post-op TS on a previous chat site. Talked to her on the phone but never met her in person. The child I grew up next to? She was on the same chat site but I never talked to her or made contact with her.

Not right now maybe someday

I suspect a few at work but have not confirmed, mostly because I have no intention of being 'out'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm lucky enough to find an active group about 30 minutes from where I live! I found out about the group---surprise---through an internet search! That's how you find people!!! Maybe someday we'll come up with a secret sign, or pin, wink, color, or whatever. Until then, there's the internet!

Through this local group, I have met 15-20 people like myself. I have traveled to a regional TG/CD conference--Southern Comfort, (There are many others--Laura's Playground has a list) and met many more gurls as well.

As was said earlier, you're not going to met anyone sitting at home! You have to put yourself out there, be the first to start a conversation, smile, and be open to what comes your way!

The Belle from Hell! Wrenchette's Avatar
    I don't really know any...

My uncle was one, but I didn't know until after he died. Imagine a 7'2" crossdresser.......
    Redheaded woman in a dirty Corvette.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    When I was growing up my best friend was a girl from down the block, at the time we always referred to her as a "tomboy". The only time she was seen in "girls clothes" was when she wore her school uniform. She was ALWAYS dressed as a guy and still does. Is she also a crossdresser?

So I finally get up the nerve to dress and go out, in my home town. wife and kids are off on an adventure. I go to this dance club, supposedly very accepting of all. I sit have a drink and am feeling pretty confident, when another dresser comes in, sits next to me and me meet. I recognize her but (I am not sure ) she does not recognize me. well first I am shitting my pantyies, but I gain the courage to introduce myself, first as dee anne, and we talk for a short time and I ask do you know who I am? Any how we figure out who each other are, get over the initial shock and enjoy a decent evening, when we leave she says you won't say anything about this. Of course not I say. So yes I do and it was nice to sit and chat with some like minded that I knew.