Thread: Facebook Friend Request

Facebook Friend Request

My step-father called yesterday after we got back from the Pride Parade. He was returning my phone call. I wanted to make sure that he wasn't too upset by my coming out on Facebook last week. I took down my male page and put up my page as myself. My brother and sister had accepted my friend request so I knew he had probably seen my profile.

He said that he was ok. In fact he had read one of my cousins response to my initial posting. I told him that it was not my intent to force him to see me as a woman but I had to live my life. He said he knew that and it was ok. Then he said he would send me a friend request! Sure enough he did. It was the best friend request I will ever receive.

I shared the story on my page. I said that this was the best friend request ever. He liked the post and it just made my heart sing. What a big step for us! Yes my mom still won't speak to me but this was progress! On a sad note my step father informed me that my adoptive father is now in a nursing home suffering from dementia. I have purposely not had contact with him for a few years to protect my family. Even though I suffered many years from him it saddens me to know he is all alone.

Suzanne

Wow Suzanne, that's really sweet! So glad some of your family is being supportive. Sorry to hear about your adoptive dad.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Suzanne,

What a great story. I am so happy for you as having support of your family is a great thing. Perhaps this will help bring your mom along a bit in the future.

Hugs

Isha

Susanne, if you're going to do this you need to forget about tiptoeing around other people's feelings. If you want go see your adoptive father do it! You are allowed to live your life the way you want, all these people who's sensibilities you are concerned about sure are.

What kind of mother won't speak to her child?
    Last edited by Aprilrain; 06-30-2015 at 04:58 AM.

It got even better tonight. My sister added me to her timeline as her sister! She has struggled with with this but has hung in there with me. It really touched my heart!

It is so nice to hear those things are turning out better than before. Maybe more is to come. Your approach to all this has been very good.

Banned Read only
    Most days people will really disappoint you. It is a nice change when they surprise you. Glad to hear things are working out in your favor, Suzanne.

You have to enjoy the positives when they come.
    These things can take time but I reckon that's good progress

Looks like people are more accepting then ever and hopefully your mom will arrive at that point too. Maybe your brother and sister will encourage her a little bit.'

Wishing you the best

I'd like you on Facebook too, but I've not fallen for Zuckerburgs trap yet! Glad to see a lot of your family is behind you!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!