Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any over 5'11", plus size curvy girls (Lane Bryant, Catharines)? I am :)

I am 6'3 and 248 in guy mode. I try and make myself have curves when Amanda is around. I feel more like myself bigger with more curves.

PS. Sorry not trying to offend anyone. But that is my opinion.
    Amanda

At 6'4" and around 210-215 pounds, dressing is a challenge. Going outside the home I do not even consider as an option as I would never see myself as "passable". I wear sizes 20-24 or 1 to 3X, and sizes 14 or 15 shoes, depending on sizing and fit. I love long and maxi dresses, cardigans and flats. I find plus sized clothes and lingerie easy to find, and have found how most stores gauge there sizing over time, which helps save time and frustration. Shoes now are mostly from Long Tall Sally. I love the Blowfish flats.

There are days when I would love to wear a pretty long dress, a bit of make up, a small amount of jewelry, and flats out to work or shopping or whatever, but the world still and my vanity in not passing prevents.

Kate

I'm 6ft, 200lbs. At Dress Barn, If a dress comes in a 16w it fits like a dream. Elsewhere 16 or 18, Lg, XL, or 2xl, every brand fits different.

My size is about 18-20w but I'm on the short side of the male spectrum. I wear heels around a 12 plus or minus a size depending on the shoe. When I go out, I don't know if I'm good enough to pass because I'm too busy trying not to look at anyone.

Just shopped at Lane Bryant today. They had a huge assortment of bras in my size (44DD). Shopping experience (en drab) was relaxed, no-drama. I browsed the racks, picked out the two bras I wanted, and took them to the register. The girl there discovered that one of the bras was not the size that the hanger said it was, so we both marched back to the racks. She helped me find the right size and style. Paid the bill and off I went. Leaving the store, I wondered for a minute whether she figured I was shopping for myself, but then I realized -- it doesn't matter, because she treated me with the same respect she'd give a GG customer.

6' 2" 245 Lbs here. Still having a bit of trial and error buying clothes that fit. The main reason is that most of my clothing thus far has been purchased directly from sellers in Asia and the charts are in Asian sizing which is very different from the Western market sizes, especially when it comes to plus sizes. I'll definitely check out Lane Bryant.

Jessie~☆

6ft2 and weigh 245 lbs . Love shopping at Avenue, Dress Barn and Torrid too

At 6'1" and 220# there was definitely a learning curve figuring out my sizes and where to shop. Dress barn,and Roamans have always been a great source for me, as well as Ebay and Goodwill