Thread: 89 Days on HRT (3 Month Update)

89 Days on HRT (3 Month Update)

So I though I would share a little 3 month update.

I have been on HRT since April 3rd and although not officially 3 months its close enough.

Interesting how my emotions have gotten much better, I am more under control than ever before. My anger outburst are now minimal and I am better able to concentrate and relax. As for the physical changes. I need to hit the gym thats for sure. Have my 4th laser treatment Friday for my face and its so much better than electrolysis. Shaving maybe once a week now instead of every 3 to 4 days. And the boobs are beginning to get tender, especially around the nipple area.

On the employment front, I finished my degree and now have a BA in Psychology. I applied for a Graduate Certificate in a program called Intelligence Analysis. Could lead to a Masters from Mercyhearst University in PA. (Anybody been there). And I am still looking for a job. I have a goal to work in a College or University as its a safer place to transition and can lead to a good paying career if I continue my studies.

Thoughts and Opinions and curious of what other physical changes I should expect in the coming months.

Last edited by VanTG; 07-02-2015 at 12:09 AM. Reason: things taken out

Congratulations on your degree! You are a few weeks ahead of me on the hormones. Keep us posted!
    Suzanne

Hey Van, I started on the 25th of March, so I'm about a week ahead. I too am experiencing the tenderness and small hardening around the nipples. My attitude and demeanor has been great since I started. My skin is also very soft.
    I'll be waiting to see what those ahead of us have to say what's ahead for us.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Congratulations on your 3 months and for your degree! Good luck also for your search for a job.

I started on March 18th, so 2 weeks ahead, and once you start having the tenderness on the nipples, you will not see much other than that growing for a while, but YMMV. Mine have been growing for the last 2 months, I am an A-cup now, but barely, and I have felt no other change yet (not more emotional, no other body change). I suspect my skin got a bit smoother on my face, but I don't know if it is because of the hormones or because I take care of my skin now (moisturizing every day).

Van, so good to hear of your progress in life, not just in your transition. Wow, I feel like the grizzled old veteran here with HRT, having started way back on March 5 of this year! (Well, grizzled and old, anyway! )

You say your emotions are more under control. In my case, I have been feeling slightly MORE emotional as of the last 2 weeks. A bit more crying (not sadness, mind you, just healthy, sweet emotional reactions due to feeling more), and yet a bit more levity as well. I have my daily ups and downs like any other person, but at the core of my soul, I feel a contented happiness unlike anything I've ever felt in my life. I am happy! Wow, I guess I am on the right track!

As for other changes, well, I have some definite breast development going on now, tenderness under the nipples, especially when I take my weekly EV injections on Sundays. I find genuine comfort in the support of a well-fitting bra that day. There is some shrinkage down below, and my libido has tanked, but so have the constant thoughts about seeking sexual release, so it's really not missed (good thing I don't have a partner these days, I suppose). I note a slight decrease in the density of body hair and a reduction in the growth rate of it (too bad there's no corresponding decrease in facial hair density -- I have electro for that!). I have softening skin (just a little), and I have been told by others that my face has "softened" somewhat in an intangible way (I see a slight difference, too, but I can't put my finger on exactly what it is -- but it's there). I do note the oiliness of my skin has changed quite a bit. In fact, I used to have flaky dandruff caused by seborrheic dermatitis on my scalp and around the hairline of my face, but that is completely gone now).

I am beginning to lose muscle mass, but my body fat percentage is now going up (even while on a strict ketogenic diet, which burns fat). In fact, I lost 70 lbs. on a keto diet before HRT started, and the weight loss stopped dead in its tracks when HRT started. And I have noticed a slight rise in hunger levels as well recently, which may account for the end of the weight loss (overall the weight level has been static, as I am losing muscle mass, but gaining back body fat, all measured weekly using a body composition scale I used for tracking the diet).

One last thing, between the high-fat keto diet and HRT, my HDL cholesterol (the good kind) hit an all-time high last month, and my doctor said that was likely due to the HRT influence rather than keto (although my all-time low scores for LDL cholesterol, triglycerides, and fasting glucose are due to keto).

Van, you and Karolyn have the benefit of youth going for you. I just turned 53, and have decades of testosterone poisoning to reverse. Relish this life you are living and make the most of it. Interestingly, in my coming out at work this week, I had two older women colleagues tell me they were really happy for me, but sort of felt sad for me as well. When I asked why, they said you missed experiencing what life is like being a young, vital, healthy woman. I had never thought of that, but well, I'll have to accept my life's experiences for what I did have (I can't dwell on what my past didn't have). But be sure to live this life to the fullest, as we only get one shot at it. Take care, my friend!

Karen