Thread: Expansion, edification, explanation, pacification, and a few other “tions” …

Expansion, edification, explanation, pacification, and a few other “tions” …

Hi All,

A friend I met on the way to the forum, a little birdy as it were, has told me that I’ve ruffled some feathers and caused concerns that I might adversely affect impressionable others into headlong transitioning or outing in more dangerous life settings or situations. In no way do i wish to encourage others to take their lives, their livelihoods, local reputations at risk when they are living in what I would call sociotoxic environments, and others might call “conservative”.

They mentioned I’m a little terse in my wording, and that I leave too much unexplained or lacking background, and asked me to say in more depth and detail the situation, the story and to contextualise the rapidness of events.

So here we go, sorry in advance if this is longer and rambling, but this is my slightly autistic physicist being used to using 5 words where others might use 100, trying to explain:

1. my relationship with welshgirl

2. about “me”

3. my journey into CD wonderland

I’ll mix them all up, of course, and begin with 2, drift into 1, and finish with 3, at least that’s the initial plan.

I’ve always been fast, academic, a high-achiever, a world leader in fact in my technical niche back in the 90’s. I’d typically program 20 times the code of the other engineers in a year as well as run projects, do the meetings and marketing, and help others. It’s part of how I am, and used to piss off managers in other departments, and other schoolkids cos they felt it made them look bad. Being slightly autistic and nonsocial with it, I didn’t really notice or realise the impact I had on folks outside of my focus, and I rarely realise the consequences of my power/strength/words/being on others, a frequent feedback being “does not know his own strength”.

Anyway, in 2001 I started on a journey into the psychological world, and away from engineering, all around self-discovery and trying to understand these other beings on two legs (not just birds).

In 2002 I got to know Welshgirl and we fell in love, like soulmates. We’d had unhappy relationships - my ex refused couple counselling, and hers was a dominating bully, so I rescued us both and we dived into being together, moving countries, families, jobs, houses all at the same time. We agreed on one golden rule: our past relationships had died due to not talking things through, to gradual shadows growing and ruining the love, and therefore we would deal with any issue however small, immediately and with top priority over anything else, including earning money.

This rule was tested many times, as I helped Welshgirl to recover from the emotional and mental battering, and become her true self, and we married in 2006. Later that year I went off the rails, off with the fairies really, literally out of the matrix in true Neo style, and ordinary life/money things meant nothing to me, and that lasted until quite recently. It had an impact on us, but she stood by me, as we journeyed on our own self-employed lifestyle, home-educating the kids and making enough to sustain a life largely offgrid. In 2011 I caught a serious tropical bug that debiltated me for years, and she stood by me. In 2013 she got an aggressive cancer and I stood by her, caring through nights and attending to every need. So we have thoroughly tested and verified our relationship and its strength, endured and still today we look at eachother like newly-weds with silly grins on our faces. We are lucky but boy have we made this luck, to keep everything as fresh as the first day.

So part 3, the CD’ing. When we met in 2002 I had a panties fetish, and one of the early things we did together was to go shopping to buy me my first ones, and I’d wear them under my manclothes on weekends when we were alone. That’s how it was really until early this year, when a conversation over christmas started me looking at “meggings” (mens jeggings), and suddenly a new Pandora’s Box opened, the story of which is largely documented on this forum.

Everything I’ve talked about on the forum, welshgirl and I have discussed and processed. As the processing progressed so I could go further, respecting her limits and fears, and like a birthing process, also pushing and releasing. I don’t know where it is going, and I’m happy not to know. Welshgirl supports whatever I choose, however far it goes, because as she puts it, “you’re still the same person I love underneath all that”.

We’re sitting in the lounge, I’m all in pink, loving it, with 3 of our kids, life is good. Depending on work clientele I can dress or have to go drab. I’m not allowed out into the street or town in a dress, but I am in neighbouring towns/the car/house/garden and andro ladies clothes anywhere is cool, and this works for now. We know why welshgirl has her fears over me being fully out, and that’s where our boundary lies for now.

We do live in a very broadminded town, with a highly spiritual outlook, and so it’s easy for me. I recognise many folks here live in close-minded conservative, even backwoods areas, where anything out of the ordinary might result in a lynching. Folks, MOVE to somewhere tolerant or teach your neighbours better, or stay closeted.

My psychological insight into our CD world is that we/you are the real superheroes, like batman and robin, masked to hide real identities in order to protect those you love. It takes real balls to walk down the road in full dress, or even as a man in a dress. I take my hat off to you all, for embracing the feminine side that this male-dominated world so needs to embody.

Probably even with this, the story is too short, too little detailed, so ask away if you wish, or PM me, I’m not too scary in reality.

xxx Pamela
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Hi Pam,

Thanks for sharing. I've been away from the site for a while mostly because my day-to-day life has intruded into the things I wish to do. So, I may not know the exact threads you are referencing but I think I might be able to add a generalized view to help out here.

IMHO what you've always have said was logical and about what you've noticed I your life. With that said, it should be remembered that we all have different experiences that we have lived and these individual experiences help shape who we are. Do I believe some of the things you have said are done so with a bit more "direct" verbiage than I would have used? Definitely. However, I take your advice , teachings and POV and change the little things where I can and must to make it fit into my world because no other person has lived or currently lives my life. We have to all remeber that we need to keep a level head, stand together and help eachother. Remember that this is a forum for support for the entire broad based trans-spectrum. Having such a varied crowd will have a "bell curve" of support. There will hopefully be advice and writings that match our needs. Also, there will be writings on either end of the curve that just don't seem to match what we are looking for. As individuals, we need to sort through all the threads, posts and PMs and find what's right for each and every one of us. That means that sometimes my replies will be smack in the middle of the curve and other times what I've said is way outside of the support someone was looking for. I accept it as a real life group-think example. I'm ok if I'm way outside of the norm at times. After all, I am sharing what I've experienced.

As far as your relationship. Welshgirl is amazing. The two of you have stood by eachother and supported eachother at great lengths. My relationship is similar to yours. Purple Puppy has stood by me and I by her. She has had handicaps since a very young child and she has known about my dressing since I was 15. We've stuck together through several of her surgeries and many of my purges and other low points of my dressing life. My only thought/concern is for Welshgirl and how you may be oversimplifying how she feels. I've caught myself saying some of the same exact things to Purple Puppy as you've mentioned in threads and her verbal responses were similar to Welshgirl's but her body language was completely contrary. I've let the issue pass and reapproached it in a different context a few days later. This time her body language matched her words and the response was completely different than the first time the issue came up. Since we cannot see Welshgirl on this forum, I can only hope she is saying exactly what she means and not saying thing so as not to hurt you.

Hmmm... Superheroes huh? Maybe that'll mean we can put on out spandex body suits now and run around the neighborhood in masks? That sound like fun... Can I be known as "Super Zebra!?! "

I guess the only other question I have is this:
    How is the gardening this year? I know I am having great luck growing all kinds of weeds and flowers in places I was not intending to be growing weeds and flowers. ;-)

-Erika
    Last edited by Erika Lyne; 07-02-2015 at 03:33 PM.
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

GG, SO to Pamela7
    Hi Erika,

Where do I start? I think the simplest way to put it is that this has been a journey for me too, with its ups and downs, twists and turns, just like any road. The reality of living with a cd'er has changed for me since Pamela first discovered his liking for all things girly, but we have spent much time talking through any problems and we know why I have trouble with certain things. I thought I was pretty open to it before, but now I find myself not even noticing things that I would have found impossible to deal with just a few months ago. I say straight away if there is anything that makes me feel uncomfortable, and Pamela is completely respectful of a boundary if I feel a need to make one.

I still draw the line at Pamela going out in what he is wearing today, which is very bright and pink, but around the house I don't even notice it. He spends virtually all his time in his girl clothes, and we have a great laugh about his choice of colours or the way he gets distracted by the arrival of a catalogue for one of his favourite clothes stores. He has built up a collection of androgynous-looking clothes so that he can still be in girl things when we go out, and sometimes we can get away with more girly than andro, especially when we are places where I don't know anyone!

The thing that is most important to me is that overall Pamela is the happiest, most relaxed and having the most fun that I have seen in all our time together. Life is too short to spend time worrying about what everyone will think - I know I still do in a small number of cases, but I am working on that and it is becoming easier for me to push my own boundaries as I see how confident and unconcerned Pamela is when we go out.

I hope this answers your concerns, and if I have missed anything then just ask!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    I’m not allowed out into the street or town in a dress...
    Hi, good to read the extra background from you both, Pamela must have needed a good rub down and a large bag of oats after all that.

I'd like to read some amplification of the reasons behind the above quote, since it doesn't seem to tally with Welshgirl's response. Is it fear for Pamela's safety, or something more personal to Welshgirl?

Hugs, happy weeding, etc,

Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

Hi, Pamela & Welshgirl,
    Many thanks for your posts and insight into your lives, I think for many of us here on the forum that we all come here for support and a means of expressing our feeling of what is going on in our own little worlds and this gives us greater strength to understand the things going on in our own personal lives and a way of copeing with the up's and down's that we have been through or about to endure.
    Who knows what is round the next corner until we arrive there?
    I know from my point of view that crossdressing has helped me in so many ways to not only understand myself more, but to understand others in a more open mind than I had before.
    Many thanks,

Martina
    The girl my Mother longed for trapped inside a boys body If she had only known I was there.

Nikki, welshgirl's reasons for that are personal to her, and go back to her childhood where it was not safe to stand out.
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

I thank for your postings Pamela and find much wisdom in your words

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Thanks Pam/Wg, i appreciate it.

Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

I read the complete story very interesting.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thanks for the elaboration, Pam. I've read a number of your referrences to "Welsh Girl" here. I wasn't sure if she was a woman u were dating or a CD? And, thot it impertinent to pry. I get now that she may actually be your wife/SO?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

wife and SO, also it says that on my profile :-)

Hello Pamela and Welshgirl.
    this really has give me some food for thought. We have some simular issues about dressing and my SO's feelings. I do know thag i feel free and relaxed in fem. At the same time i dont want to lose my love. So i try not to get rambunctious with my inner feelings about my need and or wants to have and feel feminine. Even though it goes back long long ago to my teens, or even preteens. I have purged thjngs of feminine for fear of loss and kept my feelings sound tight. But lately, those needs and feelings keep creeping out. So with this i know what needs to happen. I have to really open up. Not forcefully no, just spill my heart and feelings, make a plan and set up boundaries and some support. Friends and such close to home to help not only me, but her as well. So here i am being a ninny as she calls it and tearing up.
    Thanks to a couple we met kn vacation and this forum for helping realize what i need, thus i think, need to do.
    Christyna :-)

Isn't it nice to have a wife that doesn't tion you for CDing?

I'm going to go hug my wife she is also very supportive but does have her boundaries. I don't cross them and also she doesn't want me to out myself. We are growing older together and plan on helping each other into our later years. I love her and really that is what matters in the end. Enjoyed your story Pam and can relate in so many ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Isn't it nice to have a wife that doesn't tion you for CDing?
    yes, it's also nice to have a wife who paints your nails for you - yes, she does, life is good.

Pam and Welshgirl,

As I have said before in posts and in PMs, you two are amazing and perfect for eachother. You both are beautiful examples of how a spouse should each give and receive support for the bettering on a relationship. I don't know much of the particulars but from what I know the love and caring you've given eachother is exemplary. My wife is quite supportive as well and like Jaylyn said, I am also going to give my wife, Purple Puppy, a big hug when I get home. She too has limits but unlike what others have said, I challenge her limits--not forcibly. That seems to be the only way we will grow closer with me as a CDer. Since both of us joining the site we have knocked down some seriously restrictive boundaries. Just by me being able to sort through and show that neither of us are alone in our journey through a CDer lifestyle we have become closer than ever. She does still have limits but at least we both now know that we may possibly move the boundaries as we feel more comfortable in the presentation and person we each portray. No doubt, my confidence and self esteem have grown immensely by being able to meet my needs but surprising both of our acceptance levels of other people's differences in day to day life has increased at quite a surprising rate.

Welshgirl,
    Thanks for replying. The OP by Pam seemed as though he was unhappy with the world as it had started snickering behind his back. Not only did I fear for his feelings but I was unsure of how you've been getting on. In this format it can be easy to hide behind words or further grief by re-saying what the populace is stating or by giving an answer that we may think the viewer wants to read. I don't think you've done that. From what I read, I see that you've bettered yourself in this struggle of acceptance. It surely cannot be easy to in love with a man who tries to present as a woman. I see this pain in my wife's eyes and hate myself for it but I have to be who I feel I am inside too. You have come to the point that you seem to be able to look beyond the clothes, presentation and general gender normatives and still love the person you married. I commend you for this. Very few people can successfully say things like that and yet you are humble about it. I appreciate that as well.

Thank you both for your support of eachother, willingness to share your story and the greatness of your marriage.
    -Erika
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

If my CD sisters are as sensitive emotionally as me (or even more sensitive), then I don't think anyone is snickering, that was nothing to do with my motivation to post, I was acting on feedback from a fellow member to give more insight into the rapid pace of things.

I have applied effective and efficient methods to unpeel the layers of my unconscious, to see the defining moments and epochs that led me to this path. I know my sibling rivalry with my sister gave me huge antipathy and distanced me from femininity most my life. Without that I really do wonder, give how different I was to the other boys, if I'd have been a CD'er since very young. Presently, my clients are women, not by my elective actions but just cos they are.

I'm feeling increasingly like the horrible truth is that I have a female brain/emotional plumbing. Probably the apparent rush or speed of my process is like the spring of a jack-in-a-box, released and out pop's Pandora's plague!