Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost weight and I'm proud

Lost weight and I'm proud

A few months ago I deliberately bought a skirt that was too small. I was getting way too fat and of course the skirt didn't fit so I set myself a goal: "you will be able to wear this skirt eventually, no matter what"! Well...after a lot of walking, cycling and of course changing my diet I tried the thing on today and it fits!!! Ok, still a little tight but I'm getting there.

I'm so happy and proud of myself. Sorry girls, just had to get this off my chest!!!

That sounds like a good motivation keep it up!
    do not label me for i am unique

you go girl happy for you love peace lynda

Banned Read only
    Jeanette darling! i'm so proud of you, I'm sure that skirt fits you perfect and you must look absolutely cute!! congrats sweetheart!

Awesome! Congratulations!

I also have been purposely losing weight so I'll look better in women't clothes -- my doctor is actually cheering me on because of the related health benefits. I'm down to a waist size I haven't seen in decades. But now I have to buy new outfits...

well done, this is definitely welcoming us to the world of ladies - weight watching and trimming. I'm down 16 kilos and feeling very smug!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Banned Read only
    congtatulations on the weight loss. im also on the losing weight plan and went from a mens 42 to a mens 38,in womens clothing went from a 18-20 to a 16-18 ,so far lost 16 lbs went from 259 to 243,i watch what i eat for exercise outside of a pool is a no go for me due to a disability that took away me riding a bike which i loved to do.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Good for you! Weight is an ongoing battle for me ...

JeanetteX ..... you should be VERY proud of yourself . So many people take for granted how lucky they are to have never battled extra pounds . When I first started dressing pretty in my early 20's , I weighed 135lbs .... I could fit into almost anything. Now at 47 and in the 270lbs range , it's hard to get "that" right shape we all so desire .

P.S.

I recently have dropped 40lbs in the last 3 months by going back to work at a physically challenging job . I got up to almost 315lbs !!!!!!

Yay Me !!!!!

Losing weight is hard , great job .....

I, too, am on a weight loss journey. I habe lost around 60 lbs and have quite a way ti go still. I am also working on training / exercise to focus on my body and hopefully get back my more girlish figure from years ago.

Maybe we should all start a group here to encourage each other and push us to our goals. Just a thought.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Jeanette,

Strange coincidence there. I've been losing weight and tried on a skirt tonight that I hadn't worn for a couple of years. It did up but I still need a little bit more to disappear for total comfort.

You / we need to tell others as an inspiration for ourselves, as it helps to reinforce the goal.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Similar motivations here. The largest shorts Abercrombie/Hollister make are size 10 (Abercrombie) and size 11 (Hollister) and I wanted to fit into them. I also wanted to look better in my Victoria's Secret bikinis and underwear. So I switched to diet soda and baked potato chips, started counting calories and exercising. I've lost nine pounds so far, and been under 160 for the first time in years. More important, the male "love handles" above my hips are gone and my belly is a lot flatter. Now I can wear the high waist Hollister shorts as well as the low waist ones.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Thats awesome way to go !!!
    I have always dealt with weight gain off and on but it never kept me from dressing.

Cheers to all who have lost weight, I need to loose 20 to 30 lbs in the tummy and love handle area. I try to eat properly but I need an exercise program. I'll be semi-retired in a couple of months, maybe then I can fit it in!
    Hugs, Bria

Platinum Member
    Congratulations! There is something very rewarding in setting and attaining a goal.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Spammer
    Oh good for you - although I'd hardly say you need it

Careful I bite <3
    I did the same, lost half the weight I wanted and then got way too busy. Trying to get started on losing the rest again.

I also fixed my posture quite a bit and worked on tightening my core which is fixing part of my pot belly.

Congrats!! Maybe this is the secret "male" diet. I know myself that I'm far more conscious of my weight than I have ever been. I've lost 10 lbs myself lately and though my desire to lose 30 more is unrealistic due to my body type, if nothing else, a person may make the decision to eat better and get more exercise because, dammit, I just spent 80 bucks on a dress and I'm not going to ruin it on a binge of beer and wings!!!!

Banned Spammer
    Absolutely! You know I think it would be really fun to have a cooking group just to keep in trim and centered, etc. Too bad everyone is so scattered.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jeanette, That is a great incentive to loose weight.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Steffi bought me a gown that motivated me to lose weight and once I got started I just kept going. I know the feeling well and glad to see others are having the same thing happen to them! Congrats to all and may we never see those pounds come back!

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

Thank you for all your comments and compliments girls...you all give me even more motivation to keep losing weight so hopefully in the future I'll have a bit more of a feminine body! Keep writing if you have any more tips for me

Love Jeanette

Congrats Jeanette, while losing weight is super helpful for dressing, broadening variety and getting a better look it is also healthier and you'll probably feel the difference!

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Thanks Sarah, yeah I do feel a lot better and fitter. Next step should be to give up smoking I suppose!! Then again I'd dearly miss holding my cigarette the female way lol

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jeanette,

Congrats on the weight loss. Exercise is good on many fronts and not just for fitting into clothes . . . so keep cycling

Cheers

Isha