Thread: How Important?

Question How Important?

Based on your photos, most of you are very attractive. The rest gorgeous. For us who aren't as passable as some of the others, how important is it that we look passable, what steps would you be willing to try?
    Also if not for negative results (job,family) how many would be more open and dressed how they felt and how would you dress?

I think that what is important is that you realize that even if you don't pass and are not willing to fo out in public you still have to be true to your inner woman. I know this only because I have been having a lot of problems with it myself. I would love to be able to wear more than I do but at the same time I have to also consider my family. But the most important thing to remember is that it really doesn't matter if you pass as long as all you plan to do is stay at home. If you decide that you are ready to go out into the world as a woman then you have to work hard to make sure that you look as fem as you can only for your own safety. As we all know the world is not very accepting of men who dress as women.
    As for dressing openly, yes I would and I would be very comfortable with it if not for the negative reactions that I would recieve and would be heaped on my family as a result of it. And, as for the way I would dress. I think that I would probably dress in whatever happened to be fitting of the situation. Wheather work or shopping or whatever activity I happened to have planned for that day.
    [SIZE=5]Be who you are not who others think you should be.
    May the Great Spirit Bless you in all things.[SIZE=2]
    My website: [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2]http://360.yahoo.com/mrsanna_25
    [/SIZE]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][SIZE=2] The Be-All Website: http://www.be-all.org/
    The National Center for Transgender Equality http://www.nctequality.org/
    [/SIZE]

[/SIZE]

Based on our photos, some of our members are brave enough to post pictures of themselves.

There again, some of us live 'in our dreams'.........
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

..what Anna Maria said. whatever makes you feel good and doesn't harm anyone else. wenda.

Girls have more fun!!

It isn't the "look" - it is the "panache"

Interestingly enough, I was having a conversation last week with a gg. He was asking me why I dress enfemme. I told him that I had been doing it since I was 5. We got into the feminine look discussion.

To make a long conversation shorter, the gist of the discussion was:

1. It isn't whether your facial features are male, it is how well you use your cosmetics. If you apply them as a real woman would [not heavily, not flamboyantly], it doesn't call undo attention to you.
    2. Whether your clothing is casual, business dress, or somewhere in between, it is how how well the entire outfit complements itself and you.
    3. Your choice of shoes also adds to the picture. Stilettos are nice to wear at home but if you cannot walk naturally in them, don't wear them out.
    4. Be yourself.
    5. Smile with your lips, not your teeth.
    6. Hold yourself - posture, sitting, walking - the way you have observed women doing it.
    7. If you cannot easily cross your legs, then cross your ankles [this is what they teach girls in charm school.]

I learned in the Marines, that the best camouflage is by blending in. Most people will see what they expect to see unless you do or wear something out of place.

I go out frequently...shopping, eating, clubbing...I get an occasional double take but it doesn't make any difference. The odds of my meeting those people again is remote.

Trust me, I do not look like a model or even not a model.

Hugs....
    Rachel Elizabeth

Pantyhose for everyone! Jennifer_Ph's Avatar
    There's no way I could pass. But I still go out and have fun. I am 6'5" in stocking feet, put some heels on and I am one TALL chick! So that usually gives me away. I smile a lot, and I have a lot of fun being Jennifer. It's amazing what a big warm smile will do to a person that's looking at you with a raised eyebrow. And I like to add humor - if someone is really looking at me and just can't believe it I'll say something like, "I'll bet you didn't know they made pantyhose this big huh?" Something to get a laugh - because then I've just humanized who I am and my relationship with the stranger.

So don't worry so much about whether or not you can pass, just be you, and have fun with what you are wearing. My Mom always said, "Act like a jerk and people will be jerks right back." The opposite is also true. In the house or in the mall, have a good time with what you are doing - in short, just enjoy yourself!!
    xxoo
    Jennifer

2 cents

Not sure if I could pass....maybe just the legs or butt...

Seriously, I saw a CD pumping gas about a month ago. NOT convincing at all -- shoulders too broad, WAY too much makeup, etc. Didn't notice the shoes b/c staring is not polite and I wanted to contribute to her successful night out any way I could. If that meant not sizing her up, terrific.

But she was not out there for me, so what's it matter? She wasn't looking around in paranoia, and she wasn't humming along in baritone to the muzak playing near the pumps. In short: not drawing attention to herself. Acting like it was Tuesday evening and she was just running some errands. "Pay at the Pump" probably helps, though.

Ji

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer_Ph
    There's no way I could pass. <<snip>> I am 6'5" in stocking feet, put some heels on and I am one TALL chick! <<snip>> It's amazing what a big warm smile will do to a person that's looking at you with a raised eyebrow.
    Jennifer, I just could not help laughing right now! I could just imagine a tall chick asking me if I had a problem with her ... And I am tall for a woman at 1.83m (6') myself. I just can't get this image out of my head of you leaning over some short fry punk and baring your teeth at him

Mwhahahahahahaha.

Sorry, I know that is not a true picture, but I would love to be there with a camera the day you do something like that ... I am sure it would be worth something on funniest home videos or something

Love,
    Vicky
    just strolling along the boardwalk of life!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    http://www.vickysplace.co.za/

Smile

undefined[SIZE=3]undefined[/SIZE]undefined
    Hi Gals:
    This is my first try at responding. I have been dressing for many years and I'm not as young as most of you. I have just recently begun going out in Drag to a club about 40 miles from where I live. I am sure my body is passable and I dress according to the activity. My face may be my giveaway but I have worked with makeup and I believe (key word) that I have it down pretty good. This week I am entered in a contest for Miss (Club Name) and I think I may go through with it. I have "stopped for gas" a few times and occasionally will get a look or two from passers by. The last time I was at the Club more than a couple of guys took a long look.
    I think you have to look in the mirror and then study some women with a similar look to refine where you want to be. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Hi Donna!

Welcome and good luck for the competition!

Love,
    Vicky
    just strolling along the boardwalk of life!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    http://www.vickysplace.co.za/

Maxine
    It's not that important for me to look passable.
    I like to feel good and dressing does that for me.
    Feeling good - comfortable and a little fem makes it worth the while for me to dress.