Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You’re right - who’d notice?

Aspiring Member

You’re right - who’d notice?

I’ve been a hairy guy since childhood. Fortunately, blond. But three years ago, when I joined this forum, I said what the hey, and shaved legs, arms and chest. Been doing it ever since, even in shorts in summer and in the pool (long retired). Obviously, strangers who do not know me do not react to bare limbs. What has surprised me however are long time friends who have yet to notice any difference. I know them well enough that they would pipe up. I also asked a pharmacy for advice on constantly chipping nails. She suggested Nailtique-2, to strengthen the nails. My nails look much better now and, happy by-product, are now so shiny they reflect light. They look, well, pretty. And nobody has yet noticed even when I wave my hands in front of them. Now, courage for the changing room.... Perhaps a martini would help? Two perhaps?

Ineke

I've been retired so long that now I no longer have to shave my legs as the hair has gotten very light and almost has disappeared. Now for the changing room maybe three would be better... Lol

Our own apprehensions on this is what gets us more than anything. Most folks dont care and wont say a word. Now a bully is another story, but i have found not a word has ever beenxsaid to me about that in public. Aside my sister who thinks hairless is gross. Yet she shaves her legs. Anyway, just be you and do your own thing. Not a soul will see or care. At least where i been.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

I trim my arm hair to about 4mm, no one noticed
    My wifes GF noticed my nails last night, I explained how easily they crack, so trying to prevent it.
    Clothing shop change room is fine, I can't do the swimming pools as the ladies don't have cubicals, just a common change room like the mens, so when swimming, I've been given the option of the mens or family change room.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Seriously no one cares about Manscaping.

Been shaving my legs for 20 years.

About Three months ago I upload a pic on Facebook

Facebook remains my "Hey everyone normal guy here" account connected to all my rugby playing school friends.

Point of view laying on a deck chair looking at at the sunset featuring my shorts legs and feet .....

You know those "wish you were here" images everyone hates.

Anyway, my Mum posts a reply .... "I have never noticed before that you shave your legs !!!!!!!!!"

My reply: "DUH MUM !!!!!!!! been doing for the last 20 years ever since I've been doing Triathlons"

As you can imagine, publicly broadcast, a few of my mates took the opportunity to tease me and I really didn't give it a second thought. Besides they all hug sweaty men and fight over balls.

Now if my Mum had of said "I can see your silky knickers" ............ we'd be having a different conversation here.

Shaved legs are the least of your worries

It's summer, and I spend some time at the cafe, checking out guys. A huge percentage now shave at least some of their body, usually legs and chest. Some are completely smooth. Also, the single earring is totally passe. Everyone sports two of them. I'm not talking about a hip urban center. I'm out in cow country.

Platinum Member
    Hi Paula, I've been clean and smooth for ages and now sport three small Diamond stud earrings in each ear.
    no one really seams to have an opinion either way.

Also nails with pale pink and clearcoat hard as nails.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 07-07-2015 at 06:41 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Nature gave me hairy arms, hands, and fingers, then skimped on my legs and chest. Shaved my legs and chest a few years ago, it wasn't noticed. Shaved my arms, hands, fingers about a year ago. Much to my surprise not a word from anyone, including my wife.

Karen

Ok, take this little test. Without looking, write down the names of ten male friends, and rate each on a scale from 1-10 on how hairy their arms are. Then do the same for their legs.

You can't do it, can you? You never looked at their arms and legs, did you? It never even occurred to you to look at their arms and legs, did it? What makes you think that you're any more noticeable than anyone else?

Actually, Cynthia, I can do it and I do notice. I also notice how much hair women have (whether it's arms, head, or any other visible portion or their anatomy). But I notice because it's something I think about. I'm happy I'm not as hirsute as some guys, that the body hair I have is fair and fine and not thick and dark, and that I have less noticeable arm hair than some attractive women (but, sadly much less hair on top of my head than the vast majority of GGs and many guys for that matter). I also notice other things that the average guy doesn't seem to, like hairstyles and changes to them. At the same time, I'm sure there is also much I don't notice.

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    Quote Originally Posted by CynthiaD View Post
    Ok, take this little test. Without looking, write down the names of ten male friends, and rate each on a scale from 1-10 on how hairy their arms are. Then do the same for their legs.

You can't do it, can you? You never looked at their arms and legs, did you? It never even occurred to you to look at their arms and legs, did it? What makes you think that you're any more noticeable than anyone else?
    The only ones I notice are those that are very hairy. I think that is true for most people. And... I think most people do NOT want to see a hairy guy's body regardless if he is a slob or in good shape.

Banned Read only
    Your friends noticed, they just don't care

I agree with the notion that most people don't really pay attention to hair on a man's legs, unless it's really thick.
    Like many, I'm not very hairy, except for my eyebrows that if not attended to, I would put Bert from Sesame Street to shame.
    I've shaved my six or so hairs on my chest for years as well as my armpits. I started on my legs not long ago and was somewhat nervous about any reactions I would get. After about three days, I finally told my wife as she never even noticed!!! She was a little taken back at first, but since has actually taken a liking to this.
    Went to work in shorts, waiting for the guys to take liberties on my smooth legs...... Nothing. It's been a few months now and they still don't notice, and these guys live for taking pokes at people.
    According to my hairdresser who also does my brows, she has a lot of male clients that get their legs, chests, arms and backs waxed. It seems like such a common thing nowadays, that people don't view it as being odd.

Aspiring Member
    I believe young men who fancy shaving and nail polish are called Metrosexuals. Wonder what I am then, at my age, an Octosexual? Or is that an oxymoronic impossibility?

Ineke

I too have just recently (last week) shaved my legs. To my surprise nobody has noticed.... Maybe they have, but no one has said anything and I have been at my in laws swimming all last weekend. My wife seems to enjoy it though. I wonder how long I can go hairless until someone actually says anything.

Angela

HI Ineki. I just found out yesterday, after the big bike race somewhere, the reason they shave their bodies. I always thought it was for speed, and always wondered how much of a difference it really made. However, one of the bikers said they shave so that after an accident like that, it is much less painful to peel off the bandages from road rash. I expect it's even better when dealing with scabs.

I have shaved my whole body a couple of times the last few years always in the winter and then let it all grow back .The last year or 2 I have kept keep my chest completely shaved and have started to shave my arms all year round also (or at least trim them very short ) .So far it seems either no one cares or notices which is all good with me .I hope to get brave enough to start with my legs eventualy
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I am 55, am hairy as an ape, and started shaving my body about 2 years ago now. My daughter loved it. My wife thinks I'm in transition (maybe). My oldest son said, "that's weird," my youngest son and his wife, when swimming, didn't say anything or seem to notice. Nobody else has said anything. At my last job, I had to change clothes in front of the hairy dudes with tats and beards. (had to hide the panties). Nobody ever said anything. I wore a light pink nail polish for three days before I confided in a female (sort of, I think she's a FTM crossdresser, cool) worker that I had painted them. She just told me I had better not let the dudes see it. She seemed troubled by my nails.

Fact is, I think people don't really notice much until their attention is drawn to the situation, such as you telling them. Once, I got my nails done HOT PINK with my daughter and my wife my did not notice in the three days that I had them that way. We had a great laugh about that.

Now, I have my body shaved every day, eyebrows trimmed with clear, shiny nail polish on my nails. Nobody has ever said anything. Maybe people are starting to accept the blurred lines, just don't know what to think, or don't pay enough attention to notice (most likely).

Being in an occupation that is heavy in Human Factors elements, there is the concept of expecting things to be in a particular configuration at a particular time or situation whether they are or not. People then assume they are in the expected configuration for the current scenario. They do not recognize the change even if it is evident. For example, when I change in front of other dudes, they know I'm a hairy ape, yet they don't recognize that I am not now. In their minds, I am a hairy ape and that's what their expectation is. Now, if one of them thought about the fact that I'm a hairy ape, then noticed that I've changed, then the jig would be up. Now, if I wore my shiny panties, that would get their attention immediately. Men's eyes are drawn to shiny panties (or am I wrong, I think not).

I say, don't worry about it and it won't be an issue.

Banned Read only
    @Rachelakld - how do you trim your arm hair to 4 mm? Haircut clippers set short?
    @Pump2, @Karen RHT, regarding shaved arms and legs, are you out to your wives?

Sandra

Best option is to use epilator, it is wonder of the world and value for money.

Sandra-Bumstead, I use a "men's body groomer" to trim my arm hair short. It's basically a small trimmer with different attachments (trimmer with depth/length guides, nose/ear hair trimmer, etc). Not unlike hair clippers. I got it several years ago, so I don't remember what it cost, but I'm sure it wasn't very expensive.

I'm a fairly hairy guy. I tried shaving my arms, legs and chest when I was in college.
    It took forever and it grew back really quickly. I haven't tried since then since it seems like I'd have to basically do a full body shave daily so I didn't end up with a five o'clock shadow across my entire body.
    I've never heard of a epilator before. I'll have to check that out.

Shoes glorious shoes rachellegsep's Avatar
    I can testify to Barbara's comment about cycling. I use to race up to state and sometimes at international level. Yes shaving helps for crashes preventing infection from hair entering the injury. The 1st thing the ER will do is shave the area anyway so they can see the gravel to remove lol. The main reason however is for leg massages after a long stage which not pleasant with hairy legs.
    In search of muliebrity

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you watch carefully, you will find that more people "notice" than you think.. the ones who don't care don't say anything anyway. And the ones who think it's "strange" or "weird" tend not to have the courage to say anything to your face.

I spent 6 months in a job, I wore light foundation and powder every day.. wore perfume every day.. and gender blended way past neutral on casual dress day, plus I had my nails buffed with clear polilsh on every day. worst I got were 2 comments on my nails.. both were positive comments "oh my god.. aren't your nails shiny??" or "wow.. look at your nails.. they're fantastic.. are they your own???"

This was all before I had my ears done.. now have 2 in each ear, and only one of my friends even commented on it.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Ineke,

I am quite hirsute (damn genetics) which surprising comes from my mother's side of the family as my father had little to no body hair. I have kept my body hair free for nigh on decade due for fighting purposes (MMA - well not so much anymore) as it hurt worse to have chest or back hair ripped out by an opponent. I find these days, smooth bodies on men is becoming for commonplace so people probably notice (hmm . . . wonder if that guy shaves) but it is unlikely they automatically think you would be a cross dresser unless there are other indicators (painted nails, shaped eyebrows). Even then, people might put two and two together but probably really don't care and just go on with their business.

Cheers

Isha