Thread: Come out to one of my friends

Come out to one of my friends

I finally did it. I finally told a friend I've known since high school. She was so supportive and understanding. It really brought us together as friends. I am so glad I did it! I did this after a lot of debate and consideration. I figured out who I was going to tell by choosing a person based on how supportive of the LGBT she had been and how easy it was to talk her. I got a lot of feedback from people here on things to consider when telling someone. One major thing that is really important to remember is that once it's out you can't take it back so if it goes poorly, then you have to be prepared for the consequences. That means that people could accidentally tell other and so on and so fourth. It's really hard to keep a secret once it's out. The other thing that's important to remember is to make sure to give them time to process what you are telling them. I think it's important to allow them chances to ask questions. Although it isn't necessarily your responsibility to educate someone unless you want to, I think it's fair to expect some questions and important to be there so the person you tell understands where you are coming from. I don't know if I could have started this without the support and guidance from everyone here. Thank you all so much. You all gave me a community that made me feel better about myself and therefore gave me the courage to take this step. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    So happy to hear it went well hon. Success stories are always great to hear.

Ever & Always,
    Caden Lane
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

Good for you, and your friend!
    You're quite right about what you said. Especially being prepared for the consequences. I don't mean that in a fearful way. Just what you said. Being prepared if some people don't accept you, or if word gets out. But more often it seems things go as well as we expect or even better.

Aspiring Member
    Ryce, I admire you. I'm sure many of us want so much to do what you did, but we hold back. I'm very close to coming out completely, but I'm still being somewhat timid about it. I've created a Facebook page and have quite a few people I want to invite as friends, but I know they have friends who are also my friends who don't know and... well, you get the drift. Once I open the door I'm sure it will become a floodgate. So, like you... one step at a time.

Congrats and very brave....

I told my best friend on Saturday. When he came over, he parked behind my van and read my bumper sticker that reads "When Life's a Drag, Dress Accordingly". His room mate let me know, so before we left to go pickup a 1952 Chevy he had purchased, I told him I have a new hobby, and showed him some pics, He said "taking pictures of women?" I told him "that's me". I said "I look hot, huh?" He just smiled and said "I was crazy". We then took off to go get his car. He called me yesterday, and everything sure seems normal still. If they are a true friend, they will except you.

Banned Read only
    Ahhh, another positive experience! I (as im sure all of us) love hearing these!

Hey Ryce, so glad for you, having a circle of supportive friends is like nothing else, all of mine know and it makes life much easier in many different ways.

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

congratulations Ryce, a brave step, well taken. Onwards and upwards!!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Thank you everyone. I don't think I could have come this far without the support from the community. <3

Stand-up Comedian En Fem❤ Alice_2014_B's Avatar
    Very brave!
    Way to go!
    Melissa: "... and why are you dressed as a woman?"
    Coach McGuirk: "Because it's freeing."

-Home Movies
    (cartoon series)

Shoe size: 9 US women's.
    Dress size: M to L; 8-10.
    Height: 5' 6".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    We are always here for you Ryce.
    I came out to a couple of women at a high school reunion last Sat and it went well.
    One was a lesbian with her partner and one other lady from my class that was a friend of theirs.
    Anyway they were very supportive and I'm sure it made its way around to some others but I am OK with that.
    I'm really happy for you

Good for you Ryce, I am very happy for you :-)

Hugs
    Suzie

Yay Ryce!! I love hearing great stories likes this!

I also love hearing stories like this way to go !
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Platinum Member
    Hi Ryce, True friends are like your dogs they will always accept you unconditionally.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Awww! You all have been so sweet.

Tracii- I'm so happy to hear that it went well for you!

I feel this is just going to get easier and easier. I can't wait to tell my therapist about the progress I've made!