I finally did it. I finally told a friend I've known since high school. She was so supportive and understanding. It really brought us together as friends. I am so glad I did it! I did this after a lot of debate and consideration. I figured out who I was going to tell by choosing a person based on how supportive of the LGBT she had been and how easy it was to talk her. I got a lot of feedback from people here on things to consider when telling someone. One major thing that is really important to remember is that once it's out you can't take it back so if it goes poorly, then you have to be prepared for the consequences. That means that people could accidentally tell other and so on and so fourth. It's really hard to keep a secret once it's out. The other thing that's important to remember is to make sure to give them time to process what you are telling them. I think it's important to allow them chances to ask questions. Although it isn't necessarily your responsibility to educate someone unless you want to, I think it's fair to expect some questions and important to be there so the person you tell understands where you are coming from. I don't know if I could have started this without the support and guidance from everyone here. Thank you all so much. You all gave me a community that made me feel better about myself and therefore gave me the courage to take this step. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3