Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gender Identity - How do you feel?

I've had a somewhat uncomfortable realization these past few months that I am in fact a woman, and just set up incorrectly. This truth has been a long time coming but is now crystal clear. What this means on a practical level is TBD.

I'm a dude, just like being fem sometimes...it's fun

I'm a male with a whole lot of stereotypical female desires. Yeah, that pretty much sums it up.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Having only recently started doing a lot of soul-searching on this issue, a lot of my life seems to make more sense (today, anyway) if I try to look at it from the perspective of having been born in the wrong body.

Then again, I still feel male most of the time, with a strong desire to express my more feminine side in order to achieve whatever balance is best for me and my life.

Having lived 33 years as male has done a lot to shape how I view myself - whether it's societal conditioning, lack of questioning, or just part of who I am, I don't have a single permanent answer to the question of "Who am I?"

For today, I am a man who wants to dress as an attractive woman. Tomorrow? I dunno.

Somewhere in between.... although as time goes on and I gain more acceptance and comfort of myself, I can see that my brain tends to work more as a woman's than a man's. I cannot say that I ever feel uncomfortable or wrong as a man, yet I am fairly certain that I would feel just fine if I was in fact a woman. But then, thinking back on the 4th, I was being like a mischievous teenage boy, lighting fireworks, with other middle aged men feeling and acting the same. "what does this do? I dunno, lets light it and find out hehehehehe" I was having a blast and totally connected to the man I am physically. I love playing golf hitting from the back tees, and playing aggressive and hitting it past the other guys. I still have chest thumping moments at times. So, even though it does appear that more of my brain seems to work as a woman's, there is still some boy brain function in there too. I guess for me, if asked internally am I a man or a woman, I would just say yes.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

I have long fantasised about being fully dressed as a woman. Unfortunately I haven't been able to go that far, even though I have enjoyed my limited forays, starting when I was quite young. Opportunities for my partial dressing are quite rare, but the feeling of femininity is fully savoured and when I'm indulging myself I could easily struggle to maintain my normal male identity and I question how far this might go, in other circumstances. I find this hard to understand and to come to terms with, although I try not to let it bother me too much or spoil my fun!

I identify more as a female than male, and this has been the case since I was seven. There was a time when I yearned for SRS, and to find an understanding man who would love me, but those feelings have subsided as I have grown older.

I have come to the realization that I can be feminine without actually becoming female. I can feel like a woman without having all the female parts. Besides, there aren't that many men who would be sexually-interested in an older transsexual female, and that is perhaps the only reason I wanted SRS in the first place.

I might consider having breast augmentation, and SRS may be an option in the future. But for now, that isn't practical due to my career. If I had to choose over again? I would definitely choose to be female!
    "Man! I feel like a woman"

Banned Read only
    Julie,
    As I get older I didn't think this question would be harder to answer, but it is !
    I don't feel I'm a woman trapped in a male body but at the same time I have less and less interest in doing male activities, I'm tired of still having to live with what is expected of me as a man, I want to be able live with all my identity feelings and not just male !
    I have to agree with Isha that I'm still trying to work it out but the difference is I'm trying to do it in a DADT situation and when you don't have acceptance and understanding it's mentally very hard if not near impossible !

Banned Read only
    Good topic and I've thought a LOT about it lately over the past 10 mo. I've always considered myself male...to the max in fact but I've always known there was a woman in there (sorry for the cliche). Long story short though I've come to realize after much reasearch and reflecti g on my entire life I really am (or should be) a woman, so much so I feel like a woman about 90% of the time now even dressed full on in guys clothing (I feel like a girl dressed as a man) most of time but I fake it not too bad 😥

In some ways I feel indifferent to gender. Not feeling an overwhelming allegiance to either male or female. No desire to transition, but at the same time if you told me when I wake up tomorrow I would be s woman I think I would be fine with it. I no longer feel the need to prove how masculine I am.

I am fortunate enough to have a wife who allows me to express whatever I am feeling on the current day. Fully dressed en femme fine. Butch male fine. Lounging around the house in yoga pants but in otherwise male mode, fine.

I am a guy...for sure. Like hanging out as a guy, love my wife, play softball etc...but aways in the back of mind is dressing and someone wanting me as a women...my wife does sometimes but it is acceptance, vurnability, and a turn on.I am a bit of both...but isn't everyone..
    Last edited by TrishaTX; 07-12-2015 at 07:46 PM.

As time goes by my gender identitiy is a woman, I am 75% woman but have alot of male interests, I am a car person I have an interest in cars and recently bought a really awesome classic truck, but also at the same time I am interested in guys, over time I am turning more and more interested in guys but have alot of male interests such as cars, video gaming, etc.....................

To be honest i would say 50\50

I thought that my identity was male who was a cross dresser but as it turned out I was female so I went and had bottom and top surgery and feel great.
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass

I wish I could have chosen, as the characters of the anime Simoun could, and though I have a good life as a male I would have chosen female.

Non-binary/Questioning
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryce View Post
    I'm still trying to figure it out. [...] I've been finding out that I'm probably somewhere else on the transgender spectrum. [...] I believe I do have a mild gender dysphoria.
    Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    I am decidely male, but these days I would describe myself as about 80% male and 20% female. [...] I identify as bisexual and transgender. [...] It feels a bit like acting in that I allow the other side of my personality to surface and behave accordingly.
    Since my teens I've felt as though I would have chosen to be female if I'd been given the option, but I largely accepted the gender I actually got, at least until recently. I think the quotes above pretty much sum up my position at the moment, though my gender identity is still in flux - whether or not I'll end up as a TS is still an open question for me (up until about two days ago I would have said 'probably not', but I'm not so sure now).

I don't mind living life as a guy and doing guy stuff as well as getting ladylike. =) I been at the crossroads where I thought about transitioning but with counseling and soul searching. I realized I get in "pink fog" moments. I get in phases where I can't wait to get to paint myself all pretty, and there's periods of time where I just like to run around in guy clothes and do guy things. =) Transitioning just isn't my path. But I respect those and support those who need to so that they can be whole and complete.

Aspiring Member
    Do I feel like a man or a woman?

Actually, neither and both... I feel like me.

When I'm dressed, I'm me - that doesn't change. I feel feminine and enjoy all that entails, but the clothes don't change who I am. Because I'm bi I still notice a beautiful woman or a cute guy. Although, after admiring the beautiful woman I immediately skip to what's she wearing (lol).

But what does happen when I dress is that I get a chance to view the world from a different perspective. And that can change someone to the core of being "me." It gives your male self a new awareness that might not have come to pass otherwise.

I had always thought that I would have an easy answer to that question. But over the past year my journey has taken me to places I never would have dreamed. An honest and inward perspective have given me an answer to that question; an answer that needs no further clarification.

I am a guy that so wishes I had been born female. I relegated myself to being a male that enjoyed time as a female but over the years I find myself leaning to being more female. I would say I am more 75% Erin and 25% a drab form of my male self.

I am male but the more I dress as a female I feel more feminine. I don't want to transition to a female, but I like to increase my breast size that way I would not have to use breast forms. I know once you increase your breast size you can never go back and I would never want to. As for now I love and enjoy very much crossdressing, I just wish I could do it more often. My SO knows about my dressing but she isn't to happy about it and I don't get to dress up as much as I would like to. I think if I could I would spin more time dress in female clothes than male clothes.

Banned Spammer
    I feel most comfortable right now in a state of what I call advanced androgyny. I like to keep people thinking, guessing, engaged, and being nice. I do that by intriguing them. If they are oafs, then they will stay that way without the benefit of my and my SO's company.

I know Im a male but from a very early age I wanted to be female. It has taken a long time for me to come to terms with what I really desire and feel. It is great that my wife goes shopping with me buying bras panties and what ever I need. I really feel good wearing bras and panties both at home and out. Make up is something else I do try mascara and lipstick and prefer to dress as the female that I feel in me and yes I would have SRS given the chance. I havent purchased any dresses for some time now but have dresses, tops and shoes just need more like all girls the more the better

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I am a male but most of the time don't feel like one.
    Really hard to explain.

The word "feel" makes your question intriguing Julie. I've never considered myself anything but male, and I've spent the vast majority of time looking like and "feeling" like one of the guys. Although I'm very comfortable wearing what society deems "women's clothing" I don't have any illusions about my gender changing when I put them on. Sure...my physical appearance changes to a certain degree, especially when wearing a wig and makeup. I've allowed my imagination wander now and then while dressed that way, but the reality is I still "feel" like the male me.

Karen