Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gender Identity - How do you feel?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Gender Identity - How do you feel?

Do you feel like you should have been a woman? Are a woman? Do you feel like a man but want to feel like a woman? Somewhere in between? Somewhere else entirely?

I'm interested to see the spectrum we encompass.

For myself, I feel male and don't think I should have been otherwise. I do like dressing in women's clothes and wouldn't mind pulling off a full make over once in awhile.

Reality Check
    I am a straight crossdresser and while it might be interesting to be a female for a while (if it were possible to swap bodies with my wife for a week or two), I am a man and always have been. I don't really know what it would feel like to be a woman.

I'm in the last third of my life and have finally accepted the "real me" so to speak. I have always wanted to be a girl but have stifled that thought(s). I feel soooo much more comfortable when I am partially or fully dressed, in the company of women, thumbing through women's magazines looking at the current fashion trends etc etc. The sad part (for me) is that even if I could drastically change everything about my outward appearance I would still be considered a male(by birth). I have tried to emulate the female persona but can not even comprehend the thought patterns, feelings and overall female conceptions. I WOULD ABSOLUTELY, WITHOUT HESITATION DO THESE THINGS. I really want to be a girl!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

I'm just myself. I love dancing and performing en femme but also en homme. I guess it's just my nature to have fun being who I am. Recently I decided to take a break from dressing en femme for awhile and enjoying dressing en homme. Of course I always have the freedom to return whenever I wish.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I am female.

Last edited by Katey888; 07-07-2015 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Video link reinstated :)

I was born male, I am male and I most likely always will be but through some process of chemistry my brain has given me a back seat driver that's female. I look at myself as bi gendered, not androgynous but distinctly two separate genders, 1 more dominant than the other

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Candice

Now that is a beautiful video - no words needed
    Wonderful, love it

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I am a straight crossdresser and while it might be interesting to be a female for a while (if it were possible to swap bodies with my wife for a week or two), I am a man and always have been. I don't really know what it would feel like to be a woman.
    I have to agree. As a matter of fact I thought I was reading my own words when I read this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I thought that my identity was male who was a cross dresser but as it turned out I was female so I went and had bottom and top surgery and feel great.
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass

I wish I could have chosen, as the characters of the anime Simoun could, and though I have a good life as a male I would have chosen female.

Non-binary/Questioning
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryce View Post
    I'm still trying to figure it out. [...] I've been finding out that I'm probably somewhere else on the transgender spectrum. [...] I believe I do have a mild gender dysphoria.
    Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    I am decidely male, but these days I would describe myself as about 80% male and 20% female. [...] I identify as bisexual and transgender. [...] It feels a bit like acting in that I allow the other side of my personality to surface and behave accordingly.
    Since my teens I've felt as though I would have chosen to be female if I'd been given the option, but I largely accepted the gender I actually got, at least until recently. I think the quotes above pretty much sum up my position at the moment, though my gender identity is still in flux - whether or not I'll end up as a TS is still an open question for me (up until about two days ago I would have said 'probably not', but I'm not so sure now).

Life is what it is. We are born either male or female. Some of us are inclined to change our sex. But what if the grass is not really greener? Is there a sex change-change operation? A women has the potential for an experience that a man will never have, not simply to be insanely sexy, but to give birth to a new life. But a father can see that life come into being and be profoundly affected. I enjoy being a man. i can not help but notice the splendor of the female form. But I also enjoy imitating that form when I have the chance. The fact that I enjoy makeup, heels, perfume, and a dress does not change my inner self.

Do i have a desire to be a normal woman with a vagina, uterus, breasts, etc? No. I'm happy to be like these three drag queens in movie High Heels (1995) starring Patrick Swayze and Wesley Snipes. They call themselves drag queens, but they dress as women even when it is not for entertaining purpose, which make them crossdressers too.

I'm skinny and not as tall as them, so i'm a bit more passable.

I know Im a male but from a very early age I wanted to be female. It has taken a long time for me to come to terms with what I really desire and feel. It is great that my wife goes shopping with me buying bras panties and what ever I need. I really feel good wearing bras and panties both at home and out. Make up is something else I do try mascara and lipstick and prefer to dress as the female that I feel in me and yes I would have SRS given the chance. I havent purchased any dresses for some time now but have dresses, tops and shoes just need more like all girls the more the better

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I am a male but most of the time don't feel like one.
    Really hard to explain.

The word "feel" makes your question intriguing Julie. I've never considered myself anything but male, and I've spent the vast majority of time looking like and "feeling" like one of the guys. Although I'm very comfortable wearing what society deems "women's clothing" I don't have any illusions about my gender changing when I put them on. Sure...my physical appearance changes to a certain degree, especially when wearing a wig and makeup. I've allowed my imagination wander now and then while dressed that way, but the reality is I still "feel" like the male me.

Karen

I am both. I cherish my female side but can enjoy my male side. For me, the combination works.

I would love to know it feels like to be a real girl but perfectly content being who I am. I love dressing and fantasizing and content to leave it that.

Aspiring Member
    I am a man with a great appreciation for the feminine. I love many things about crossdressing, but I do not want to be a female. I don't think I could crossdress for more than a single day. Even so, I don't think I could go a single day without thinking about crossdressing either.

So I am heterosexual, happily married, and only a limited crossdresser and I am happy that way.

Banned Read only
    I am a woman. Feminine, caring, loving, nurturing.

I sacrifice my personal time to help others.

I've saved lives.

I easily pass as a male without trying. I never pass as a female no matter how hard I try.

The answers to this question may very well be at the core of our individual motivation and why we are satisfied by the way we behave as individuals... I've pondered this a whole day before replying, and unsurprisingly someone else has hit on something that resonates strongly with me:

Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    I am a man with a great appreciation for the feminine. I love many things about crossdressing, but I do not want to be a female. I don't think I could crossdress for more than a single day. Even so, I don't think I could go a single day without thinking about crossdressing either.
    Similarly I have no uncertainty about identifying male, and no desire to express overtly feminine aspects of dress or presentation while in male mode (although smooth legs and neat eyebrows and nails are a byproduct of feminine presentation, I wouldn't be embarrassed or coy about these covert signs being spotted) but I experience great satisfaction and harmony with fully transforming and adopting more feminine mannerisms and behaviour for a limited time to express this otherwise hidden facet of my persona...

When a teenager I also had fantasies about 'magically' flipping between male and female but there was never any further substance to those fantasies - intellectually, it would be fascinating to 'know' what it felt like to be a woman, but I struggle with seeing how any of us could really approach that understanding without the immersive, societal development that takes place in childhood and puberty and the obvious maternal aspects of womanhood - just another aspect for me that deepens the respect and awe I have for folk that transition socially (and physically) and why I can understand how they see many aspects of 'just' crossdressing as trivial by comparison. I think we do face other complexities but that's not for here...

I just wish I knew what it was that makes us pursue these rather peculiar and inexplicable behaviours, AND why it makes us feel so comfortable...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Thank you for that post Katey, i was just wondering if it really matters why you pursue this form expression? or would the focus be on enjoying the experience without out questioning the reason behind it ?

To be honest i would say 50\50

Gone to live my life
    Hi Julie,

Right now it depends on the day/week/month. Sometimes I identify as a woman and present accordingly while other times I identify as a man and present accordingly. In essence, still trying to figure it out.

Cheers

Isha