Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You Goal as a Crossdresser

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    No real goals. I just try to make the best looking version of me I can when I dress.
    That's the fun part for me. Start with a lump of dork and end up with something that resembles a female.
    Hip/butt pads are a must for me. I wish the hip part was a little bit more hippy but it seems
    to do the trick for now.
    Hugs
    Samantha

Junior Member Marie-Claude, France's Avatar
    My goal is to enjoy my lady side.
    My dream - I cannot call it a goal - would be to be socially accepted one day as a woman, in everyday life.
    Reading the Gradus ad Parnassum from Johann Fux

That's funny. One of my goals in dressing is to avoid goals. Also to avoid rules and lists and general uptight, must-have-a-number-for-everything, must-control-everything male-ness. Me and Popeye share a mantra -- I yam what I yam.

Goal
    Put on make-up and like the way it looks
    put on something that makes me feel good (pretty ,cute, sexy whatever my mood)
    Hear the sound of high heels on a wooden floor
    A little perfum is nice sometime

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Goals? Well look the best I can I suppose when in girl mode.
    As far as goals I try not to worry about those and just enjoy being me.

I don't have any goals other than to just enjoy feminine clothing and be myself

Reality Check
    Well, it appears I created confusion by using the word "goals". I'm not sure I could substitute a different word to make myself clear but the real question was supposed to be, are you trying to look and feel like a genetic woman?

My point was, if you are, you can't just do it with a wig and breast forms. Unless you have a really unusual build for a man, you're going to have to pad the hips and butt as well. You only have to look at a woman's clothing size chart to know this. And remember, you have broader shoulders than a genetic woman. You can't make them smaller so you have to make the bottom bigger to minimize the shoulder size.

Do yourself a favor - take some photos of yourself from the rear. Do you see a woman or a man in a dress?

My goal would be to be accepted as someone in a dress or skirt with gender not being important. I don't use padding, except for breast forms, but I have worn a girdle for forty years and I have a hip spring of five inches. That is with a girdle on.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    My point was, if you are, you can't just do it with a wig and breast forms. Unless you have a really unusual build for a man, you're going to have to pad the hips and butt as well. You only have to look at a woman's clothing size chart to know this.
    According to you. Of course you do realize that you line of reasoning is offensive to genetic women right? You are trying to make a point to cross dressers... but in doing so you are indicating that there is a certain look or size for a woman. It is this line of reasoning that has caused so many people to have body image issues. If you don't fit the image of what some think a woman should be, then somehow you are less of a woman? Or an ineffectual cross dresser?

I don't need to look at clothing size charts, I look at actual real world women, to understand that women come in all shapes and sizes, regardless of what the garment industry seems to indicate. Just ask some women. There is much discontent from GGs regarding the clothing that they are "supposed" to fit into.

And remember, you have broader shoulders than a genetic woman. You can't make them smaller so you have to make the bottom bigger to minimize the shoulder size.
    You really do like to talk in generalizations; so every man has wider shoulders than every woman? Sorry, nope. I don't believe in the hips being wider make the shoulders smaller in appearance theory. This is an oft repeated cross dresserism.

Really what I think you are attempting to get at, is that adding some hip or butt padding can help give men the traditional female shape. And by giving this shape it helps to add to the overall illusion and is one less "tell" that it is a dude in a dress. But I think you are failing to see that not every woman is built the way you seem to think they are. Believe it or not, there are plenty of women out there who don't have a big booty and are not hippy at all. Hips and butts, are one tell among hundreds of them. Whether or not I wear hips pads is not going to make any difference at all in how the public perceives me. I've tested the theory.

Oh, and I have taken plenty of pictures from the rear, without any padding, and my conclusion is that I have a cute little butt.

I had a good look around me as I went to and from lunch today. There were loads of women around, mostly "all dressed up" (graduations going on). I would say that proportion with a "classic hour-glass figure" was less than 50%. A lot of the younger women have quite boy-ish hips. Most of the older women haven't. There were all ages, shapes & sizes. Yet none looked like a guy in a frock.
    My 'goal' is to be able to go out and about without attracting any unwelcome attention. Anyone getting a good look at 'Judith' (at a range of less than 5 feet), or who hears me speak, will be in no doubt that I'm not a GG. Just have to live with that. But if at say 10 yards range they are not confident enough to "sir" me then I reckon that I've succeeded!

Your mission, should you choose to accept it...

When I get dressed up I wear the clothes that I think are attractive on a woman (usually a bit - or a lot! - retro) and also pad out my shape to proportions I like. I get what you're saying Krisi and Nadine got it too, about minimising male features as much as possible. Ultimately I'm just doing what makes me happy and I like the fact that everyone here has their own way of going about that, too!

Fully accept myself as a cross dresser and fully enjoy it.

My main goal is to be happy. Looking shapely and feminine in a nice dress or skirt goes a long way towards that. So I need the wig, forms, pads, makeup …whatever it takes.

My other goal is to find a way to tame those pesky eyebrows without doing something permanent that would freak out my wife!

Given: there are anatomy "tells" in most people, Nature set it up that way so you could choose a reproductive mate even if your eyes were bad or at 50 feet.
    Caveat: There are exceptions to the "given". You can modify the "Tells" with exercise, endocrine changes, genetics.
    Truth: No one has the perfect shape that you see in media without help.

Now back to the point....
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    My goal is to be so natural at being Tina that I can flip back and forth from one gender to the other as a second nature. We're not there yet but we'really working on it hard!

And yes, a part of that work is to reform our body into a suitable compromise. Another 15 # should do it! But that'should only the visible goal. The rest is natural body movement, use of voice, and thought patterns in conversation. So much to do

I an with Kate on this! to each their own... just make sure you are having fun.

Personally, I am just having a bit fun with it. Not trying to pass but enjoying the feelings I get from dressing en femme.

Do yourself a favor - take some photos of yourself from the rear. Do you see a woman or a man in a dress?
    Some of us do, Krisi... Many of us take photos from the front and sides also... A few of the braver souls (and those looking for encouragement and advice for development) actually post them here too...

Curiously, I see that you yourself have posted........... Zero pics (other than your avatar)

Care to share your secrets with the members here...?

Couldn't sharing just help everyone understand what you're getting at? A picture being worth a thousand words and all...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I think that if a stranger reads you as a crossdresser you need to go home and work on your presentation. .
    another famous krisi line from another thread...says the girl who has never interacted in public with anyone....( thats from another thread too )

go easy on em girl.....we are all not as fabulous as you. xoxo

I use a variety of water balloon sizes, and a pantygirdle with butt ans hip pads built in, to give me just a little more curve in those areas. A goal? I think my goal, is to actually have the nerve, and teflon, to actually go somewhere dolled up again, before i die! Oh, Krisi, I have taken hundreds od photos, and videos, showing me from the back side. Some definitely give away my broad shoulders, and little butt, tell tale signs I am not a GG. But, some other of my creative work, makes me look exactly like a very tall lady. But, out in public, there really are a number of nuances that speak, Guy in a dress!!
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 07-08-2015 at 05:22 PM.

Banned Read only
    You can't make them smaller so you have to make the bottom bigger to minimize the shoulder size.
    Only, I don't think that's how it works. Eyes are very good at discerning difference. A lot of disparity is what attracts attention because the proportions are off. If the proportions are roughly what's expected, it doesn't attract attention UNLESS there is a reference to provide scale.

DeeAnn

My goal was always to create a realistic and sexually appealing female appearance. At first, it was only in my home, and the "realistic" concept was achieved only through some very generous application of imagination as I looked in the mirror. Over the years, my skills and techniques improved enough so that I felt fairly confident going out at night and being seen by others only from a distance. Fairly early on, I was able to create a very realistic (and deliciously ample) chest. But I still had the straight-up-and-down look below the waist. When I figured out how to pad my hips and butt using padded panties and girdles and the pads that come with them, the difference was breathtaking. It was not really an hourglass figure, but I had some great curves. For me, the extra stuff that I added both in the chest and below the waist was an essential part of achieving my CDing goal.

To pass among women
    and not get beat up
    or arrested en-femme.

Over the years , I have experimented with a few things, but over all. Buy yourself some good clothes, that feel good when you are in them. That is most important. I don't think I need butt padding but I defiantly need forms and have gone bigger this year...much to my delight. I do not think I can pass but some say I can some say I can't...who cares. I like the way I look and love to dress. I am happy with me....which is most important...no? The goal.......is to be happy!

Banned Read only
    ...Do yourself a favor - take some photos of yourself from the rear. Do you see a woman or a man in a dress?
    The world I live in is in 3D. People see you from 360 degrees. As I mentioned before, padding is only a small part of the total package. No amount of padding is going to fool anyone with whom you interact. You might also want to take a peak at female athletes. They all tend to be straight body types.