Thread: That made me feel good.

That made me feel good.

We just had Tesco deliver here and I went to answer the door when I opened it the driver said with a cheerful tone "Good evening Mrs MXXXXXX, where would you like these?" I pointed to the kitchen and followed him in with a huge smile on my face. After unloading he asked me to sign the receipt so I signed Michelle MXXXXXX. On the way out I grabbed my wife's bag from the hall table and took a fiver out of her purse to give him a tip. I thanked him again and he was very appreciative of the tip. I wasn't wearing any makeup save for my usual foundation and I did my eyebrows as they're so fine with the foundation on they disappear I am growing my hair out but I didn't think it would make much of a difference. I replaced the fiver before my wife came back from next door.

I'd been feeling kind of down the past few days but that nice driver bucked me up.

Hi Michelle, I think I would have been a bit hesitant to answer my door dressed but it sounds like you've had a nice experience

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Sounds like an all round 'bon oeuf' to me. I always thought their job was to ring your doorbell and leave it outside, having left the street within the blink of an eye.

I'm an eternal pessimist so something like this would be like a bolt out of the blue and like you, I would feel a great lift from such a comment and consider it well worth a fiver. Lucky you!

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah-RT View Post
    Hi Michelle, I think I would have been a bit hesitant to answer my door dressed but it sounds like you've had a nice experience

Sarah x
    Hi Sarah, Yes it was a nice experience. I wasn't intentionally dressed. I was wearing one of my wife's old scoop neck tshirts from the recycle bag and an old pair of shorts. I'd lost track of time and thinking it was much earlier I changed clothes to go up into the attic for a clean out (it's really yucky up there). Halfway up the ladder the doorbell rings and not thinking I answered the door.

Quote Originally Posted by reb.femme View Post
    Sounds like an all round 'bon oeuf' to me. I always thought their job was to ring your doorbell and leave it outside, having left the street within the blink of an eye.

I'm an eternal pessimist so something like this would be like a bolt out of the blue and like you, I would feel a great lift from such a comment and consider it well worth a fiver. Lucky you!

Rebecca
    Hi Rebecca, yes he is. Rob is a new guy on our round hope we get him again. We've had Tesco out here a few time and they never drop and run they always carry the totes into the kitchen. It was indeed a bolt out of the blue and much needed and welcomed. Definitely worth a fiver.

Michelle
    X

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Sounds like a great experience and you did just fine.
    Too many here are just too scared to say oh the hell with it and answer the door.
    Both my Fed Ex guy and UPS guy have seen me in both modes so its no big deal.
    The first time the Fed Ex guy saw me in girl mode was very funny he rang the door bell and I answered it he looked at me then my address on the box then back at me smiled and said morning ma'am I have a package for your other half while grinning.( he caught on quickly)
    I said Thanks I'll sign for that. I guess you bought another guitar didn't you? I said yeah and he said you look really nice today.
    I thanked him and as he walked back to the truck he turned and gave me a thumbs up.
    Is he a CDer,Trans or gay? who knows but he is a nice guy and not bad looking either.

Platinum Member
    Glad you got a lift from the encounter. I have often met the Fed Ex or UPS person en femme and gotten a thank you ma'am. It's how I live when I'm at home, so I would t imagine not answering the door en femme.

t seems we are often taken at face value?
    Last edited by kimdl93; 07-08-2015 at 08:54 PM.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Couple of years ago when we lived in Raleigh my wife had to fly to St Louis for some family dealings. She was gone for two weeks and I dressed the whole time. 3 times the UPS guy called and I saved the delivery notices from the website. When ever I feel down about not being able to dress I look at them and it bucks me up just seeing those 3 words "Met customer woman".
    Screenshot from 2013-07-12 17_48_19.jpg

Gone to live my life
    Hi Michelle,

Sometimes it the small compliments one gets which mean so much. What a great story and thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Isha