Thread: a cd adventure, a cd advantage

a cd adventure, a cd advantage

BACKGROUND; i went with some buddies up to San Rafel- Petaluma area so my one friend could pick up a '70 superbird barn find. On the way up, we discussed many things but talked about the BOLO broadcasts used by police (be on the lookout). We were divided as to how well it works on t.v. but not in the real world.
    I had to come back Monday as i had commitments on tues. My friends were taking a bit longer since they were tralering the car home. It was decided that i would play the role of the fugitive and friend two would co-ordinate the search.
    THE RULES: i would rent a car, and was to drive 101 home, I was allowed a total of fifteen minutes break and a 30 minute lunch, there was also a 30 minute window built in to adjust for traffic. I had to leave by a certain time and arrive at a certain time. Proof would be my pic in front of the rental place. If i was late, i would forfit the prize.
    THE PRIZE: 500$, and i would not have to pay the rental on the car., If i was spotted, i had to pick up the rental, and pay half of everyone's lunch tab. The 'everyone' was a group of 100 that would be spread along the route trying to find me. They could drive the freeway, or sit by the road side. they would have a pic of me and the toyota, but no license.
    PROOF; a picture of me had to be taken, and relayed to friend two, who would send it off to me. If no pic was taken and i reached my destination, i was 'free' .
    HOW IT WENT DOWN:
    i rented a little toyota carolla , and was ready to leave when friend two said your time starts now. I said i needed to fill the car with fuel and get something to eat/potty. I was given 15 minutes and i had to notify him when i started.
    i took off and headed to a shopping center with a target. i entered and ran into "brandie" a brown haired gal with bright red tips in her hair. i took a chance and asked her for help in a contest. her "sure, whats up!" let me know i might make this happen. I quickly explained what was going on and i needed to disquise myself really fast. i asked her to get me a girls tee in 2 x, a boxed soft frame bra and where could i find breast enhancers. She said, " i've got this, go get some sunglasses. Off she went while getting on her radio to another sa.
    i found a cheap pair of sunglasses and Brandie met me with a Merona v necked top and the boxed bra. Her friend showed up a second later with the chicken filets and a bottle of finger nail polish. They helped me through the self check out and wished me luck. I did get her email so i could share with her the results.
    A couple doors down was a Party City and i ducked in there to get a costume wig. A quick change in the car while behind the store and i texted that i was on my way.
    Across the golden gate and discoverd that the toll booths were unmanned, it was a drive through with a photo of the license being taken. , good, one worry gone!
    I worked my way down 19th st and got on the 101 s. Somewhere around Morgan hill/Salinas i noticed a car behind me doing rapid lane changes and catching up with me. When they pulled up, i had my phone in my hand holding the steering wheel and was twirling my hair with the other. i must have mouthed 'love you sweetheart' and 'OMG' 20 times while playing with my hair and adjusting my bra strap!
    i guess they saw what they wanted to see, a crazy girl jabbering on the phone while driving down the road. they quickly fell back and disappered.
    i really needed to pee around Paso Robles and pulled into a rest stop. As i entered, i noticed two cars parked by the rest rooms with guys pouring over a map spread out on the hood. they were holding a phone and kept looking at it. i figured this was the end of the game as they would spot me when i got out of the car. i was still hanging by the fence deciding to pull in or not when a semi pulled up and stopped between me and the buildings, hiding my car from them.
    I watched as the trucker shut down his rig and climbed into his sleeper. i waited a bit longer and just when i couldn't wait any longer and climbed out of the car to use the restroom, i saw both cars getting back on the freeway, passing the truck i was just about to walk around the front of. There was no one else at the rest stop so i used the facilities and kept on going. Being cautious now as i knew these two cars were in front of me.
    i saw both cars at a Wendys as i flew by on the freeway.
    i needed fuel and found a shell station around santa maria. Just as i was getting ready to leave i noticed another suspicious group across the road at a drive in. just to be sure, i bought a car wash and ducked in there for a bit. when i came out, the cars were both gone. Don't know if they were part of the group, but i wasn't taking any chances.
    i made it to the home rental place, pulled the wig off, threw my shirt on over the tee, took my pic and turned the car in,with 15 minutes to spare.

i meet with my friends tomorrow for lunch. it will be interesting at best!

people will see what they want to see!

LOL!
    This story is classic, and brightened my day.

Although you may have skirted the line of cheating, I commend you on your ingenuity and creativity. Good luck collecting tomorrow at lunch, and you should use the money to buy yourself something pretty.

One question. Do you plan on telling them how you avoided capture?

Aspiring Member
    A fun story. And I wouldn't worry about "skirting" the line as far as cheating is concerned. Think of what you did as being the same as how Captain Kirk passed the Kobayashi Maru test when he was a cadet at Starfleet Academy.

For the record, I said that tongue in cheek.
    I loved this, and love the Trekkie reference.

The CIA just called Marsha, you're hired! But what about the Super Bird?!! That was my dream car in High School. The only reason they had the wing was to give Richard Petty and the others running Mopar an excuse to have a wing on their cars on the NASCAR circuit back then. Just as crafty as you!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

A good laugh, and I also want to know their reactions, but what I really want is pics of the superbird! crazy car, I'd never want to own one, but they are a bit special.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

FOLLOW UP AND CLOSE:
    Met with the guys yesterday. My friend was very hesitant to give me my check. I thought he was just being a sore loser until he asked if i had played by the rules. When asked to explain, he asked if i had disquised myself in anyway. not wanting to give things away just yet, I asked him to explain.
    "Well', he said, " i got this picture sent to me from some guys around Santa Barbara. Is this you?" he asked as he showed me a picture on his phone.
    Well, there i was, arm up on the window frame, sunglasses, hair, boobs and all. What i noticed was a patch of White hair sticking out from undernieth the brown wig right by the seat belt. It must have caught the wig and pulled it back a little. However, the white looked like a sun reflection on the window,
    Handing back the phone i asked why he thought that. his reply was that girls don't put their arms up on the window, they keep them down and holding the steering wheel, cause they don't like 'farmers tan lines' . and there was a definite tan line visible.

NOTE TO SELF: don't put your arms on the window frame when driving!

It was time to fess up , so i came clean. he was really upset and then wanted his money back. my other friend reminded him that he needed to have sent me the picture to 'catch' me, and since he did not do that, that i had 'won'
    The first thing he wanted to know was why i had done that and why i had done THAT!

(he is not of a friendly attitude towards anything gender strange), so i just smiled and said i thought it would be fun. (and oh how fun it was!). He still couldn't wrap his head around anyone doing anything like that and was still really upset.

Rather than tell him the reality of it all, I just grinned again and said i was joining in the game and trying to avoid getting caught. Well the rules came out and there was nothing said about not using a disguise. he finally relented and conceaded victory!
    From there we had a fun and enjoyable lunch as we each told our story's. He did keep looking at me strangely, and i am sure he is wondering, don't care.

I really wanted to share but kept my cd advantage in thinking to myself. My first friend thought the whole adventure was great and even offered to split the cost of the 500. He also wanted to know if i had a name for my driver!

So take this away, it was a guy habit that almost 'caught' me, my arm on the window rail, not the disguise. But as we have seen before, people will see what they want to see. And if there were not 100 folks looking for me, i would never have been noticed.
    So i got my check. i think i need to go shopping!

P.S. the car. was partially covered, and that part is still roadrunner green. the part uncovered is showing some signs of rust through. One thing strange though, it has a black vinyl top, don't ever recall seeing that. The interior is ok. the seats are complete but obviously dried out. White with green piping, the carpet is trashed as is the headliner. the radio is missing. Other than that, the car is complete.
    Last edited by marsha leanne; 07-10-2015 at 02:04 PM.

I have to add that i had a blast. it has been many years since i stepped out of the house. And even though i did not completely dress, ( i only had on a top and wig as I was sitting in the car all the time) It was still a great thrill but a relaxing time as well.
    I think the audacity of my running into the store and being so up front with the sa caused me, later, to really get scared. I will never see "brandie" again, but still, oh, and i did reach out to her and let her know i won. I even paypaled her 20 as a thank you!
    I am sure that if i thought about this at any leanth, i would have not done it,but hey, don't we do this for fun? at least some of us?!
    As I return to my cloistered life, a new yearning now has to be delt with. That and i need a skirt to go with the tee! The breast fillers are already being put to good and active use. I do like the way they 'fill' out my form.
    So thanks for letting me share this adventure. It just proves we all think differently and if need be can use it to our advantage!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Awesome tale I was laughing thru the whole thing.
    There is an original B5 blue superbird in my town and it has a black vinyl top so yes that was an option.
    I have to ask what price did he pay for it?
    4 speed or auto HEMI or 440?

+1 the black vinyl top was a factory option on the Plymouth Superbird. And now my age is showing.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    The cool thing about the one here in town its a 440 with air conditioning.
    Supposedly not an option but its all factory.

Very interesting.
    Cheers

Banned Read only
    Wow, sounds like Canon Ball Run with a twist! Loved it! 😄

Cool! Though if I was writing it as a story I'd have you go to pick up your check in costume.

to answer the questions, the car is a 440 with a carter 4 barrel on it. and the 3 speed tourqueflight tranny. that is why i got involved, as it is the same lash up as my imperial. i took my fsm for the imp up there with, so we could have a reference as to what we were looking at.

As to price, i do not know. And this one also had ac.

I love your story! My neck of the woods too. To find a Superbird with a vinyl roof and factory air is probably a rare find indeed.

Thank you for sharing. Very gutsy but it worked out great for you.