Thread: Affirmation

Affirmation

I'll admit it. I love affirmation. I love when someone, anyone tells me they like my outfit, my makeup, my confidence. But I didn't realize how much regular GGs like affirmation in the same way as I do.

I was in this big meeting, and there was this GG at the end of my row wearing these ruby-colored open toe shoes. And I just loved them. As we were leaving the meeting, I ran into her and said, "I know this is a chick thing to say, but I just love your shoes. She replied, "Thank you very much. You just made my whole afternoon."

I've often told GGs that I love their shoes, dress, jewelry, etc., but this is probably the most positive response I've received. Well, except maybe the GG who i told I loved her perfume. She proceeded to give me the name of it (Hanae Mori Blue Butterfly), and made sure I knew how to spell it.

So, feel free to expose yourself to potential ridicule by complimenting a GG, and you'll probably get affirmation back.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I agree totally with you. Most of us want some type of attention, including compliments. I have had a lot of success (i.e. have not received any negative vibes that my compliment was out of place) in complimenting women and some men about something they are wearing, own, just did, and even some nice feature about their looks. Based on those positive reactions, I compliment even more now, with the same results.

Platinum Member
    I know that the women in my life, at home and outside relationships, do appreciate a compliment on an outfitor acknowledgement when they change their hair...or something as simple as "you look nice today". I feel the same way.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Good advice for sure! A long time ago a guy a just met said I looked like Harrison Ford, I don't think I even came close, neither of us were gay, and this was when I was completely 'guy'. I think he was just sucking up and you know what, it worked, he gained respect instantly! I'm seriously going to start doing this when I'm shopping at girl stores and for cosmetics!

Aspiring Member
    I believe 99% of women appreciate the compliment. I recently told a woman how much I liked her short hair style and how it fit her complexion. It turned into a pleasant conversation for a few minutes. Only 1% ran off laughing out loud. I make sure it doesn't sound like a pick up line. It also seems to validate the feminine side of me, like "I'm on your side now." If that makes sense.

Ineke

One of the things I like is when I'm out as Jean, is I can comment on what a girl is wearing or her looks without it sounding like I hitting on her. It's received as it was intended, simply as a complement.

You're right Steffi - we all seek affirmation and acceptance and praise of some sort...

I love the introduction too: "I know this is a chick thing to say..." I'm not sure I'd get quite the same understanding here in the UK, so I'll have to work on an alternate...

Disseminating the odd compliment and a little happiness is not a bad plan for any day, is it...?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Gone to live my life
    Hi Steffi,

Cute story and thanks for sharing. I think paying compliments to people irrespective of gender is always a good thing. People sometimes just like a little pat on the shoulder . . . its what makes us human.

Cheers

Isha

Silver Member
    Affirmation is one of the five primary languages of love. Most people respond well to it, some absolutely need it. It's my number two, and more socially acceptable (with new aquaintances) than number one, touch.

Banned Read only
    "I'm on your side now." If that makes sense.

I've often thought this, I'm coming to you're team, that's a good thing right!?😦

Aspiring Member
    A long time ago I had a GG friend at work who changed her hair and went the entire day without a single comment from anyone. I came on duty late in the afternoon and immediately noticed the change and told her how much I loved her new look. If you could have seen the look on her face! One little comment and her day was completely turned around. It was that moment when I learned how a kind word can warm a heart - whether it is a man or woman.

But, as we all know, women spend a lot more time in choosing clothes, shoes, makeup and more than men, and to acknowledge all their hard work will endure a women to you more than anything. As the reverse would do for me.

Tell me I'm pretty and my dress looks nice and you will be my friend for life (lol).

Junior Member Marie-Claude, France's Avatar
    I had done a compliment to a GG colleague (she went to the hairdresser and the result was very beautiful), before starting a very hard meeting on an issue where we carried opposite points of view. Her face shined and she smiled. And a week later we arrived to a fair agreement for both parties.

Never understimate the power of a compliment to a lady...

I was in a Carnival dressed as Marie-Claude and one of the girls was very beautiful. I told her that; and she looked at me as if asking what was the hidden sense of my remark.

- OK, it is a compliment... I am not flirting; remember, I am a girl until midnight.
    - And after that?
    - I become a hairy ogre who watches soccer matches on the TV with a beer in his hand! :-)
    Last edited by Katey888; 07-10-2015 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...
    Reading the Gradus ad Parnassum from Johann Fux

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I'm old enough now that my compliments to younger women are seen as honest and not an attempt to pick them up. I don't use that option often enough and should do it more because those women deserve more praise than they ever get for their taste and effort.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I know that the women in my life, at home and outside relationships, do appreciate a compliment on an outfitor acknowledgement when they change their hair...or something as simple as "you look nice today". I feel the same way.
    I always complement my neighbors when they com over to visit.. new jewelry, hair color, highlights / low lights etc...they do love it,.... and it does piss them off that their husbands do not see it at all. that is when they admit...you are a girl. and that is my compliment for the day.

hugs

niki
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hugs, msniki48
    Blog
    http://nikishomeawayfromhome.spaces....x?sa=764853634

Platinum Member
    Hi Steffi, Most people love having their ticket punched.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I am in my late 50's and I have gotten to the point in my life where if I see any lady that looks nice or wearing a nice outfit how nice they look. No one has broken out the pitchforks or shot me yet, but I get some strange looks. Most of those seem to come from younger ladies and it usually is a conversation starter when they realize I actually meant it as a compliment. I love the smiles I get in return

Quote Originally Posted by Jean 103 View Post
    One of the things I like is when I'm out as Jean, is I can comment on what a girl is wearing or her looks without it sounding like I hitting on her. It's received as it was intended, simply as a complement.
    Jean, I'll echo this -- women love compliments, and when we get them, we know how good it makes you feel. But now I find myself giving these compliments when in drab. I think dressing makes us appreciate all the more what looks good on a woman, and the woman inside me tells me to tell a woman that, no matter what gender I am presenting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I always make a point on complimenting a woman on her fashion if I can. Nail color, shoes, hair, etc. I think anyone that takes the time to look good in whatever fashion they are wearing should be told they hit the target.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

I think complimenting a women on her fashion is great whether it is new glassess or a different hair do or what ever .When they put that effort into the way look they deserve to be complimented .Just my opin
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Another affirmation today.

In male mode. I saw a woman wearing a cute bracelet made with what we used to call "Indian" beads - those really small ones. In second look, it turned out to be a watch.

Me: That's a really cute bracelet, ah watch.

Her: Oh thank you very much. It's made with diaper pins.

She takes it off to show me. It really is made from diaper pins.

diaper pin bracelet.jpg

Me: Oh, That's really cool. Did you make it yourself?

Her: No. I got it from a friend.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 08-04-2015 at 10:05 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I have complimented women on shoes and clothing before and got nothing but great responses.
    Out enfemme one day I got a compliment on my perfume form a GG. I loved it and thanked her very much.
    She asked me what it was and I said Water Blossom and that I got it from ULTA.
    She said ULTA was on her shopping list for the day and she would check it out.