Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Isha's First Day at Work

Reality Check
    Congratulations. I hope it continues to go well.

awesome news, Isha. congratulations on what you have done thus far!
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are

Banned Read only
    I:

Nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Continued success to you!

DeeAnn

Platinum Member
    I admire your courage and resolve. And you looked really nice in the selected outfit!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You go girl that's awesome hun.
    Angie

Dear Isha

I will start by saying "Wow" and very a big congratulations to you. That some of an achievement you have done for the last year. I know you already are proud of your journey and that's fully earned, deserved and with my deepest respect. You inspire us all with your always wise way of "doing things", so who other than you should this success go to. :-)

I wish you all the best, and remember to always feed us with "the Isha way of doing things" :-)

All the best
    Henriette
    Love and hugs
    Henriette

Please visit my website to read more about me at http://henriette5.wix.com/mystory
    Or visit my Flickr pictures https://www.flickr.com/photos/127846920@N04/ OR my Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/henriette.kristensen.357

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Congratulations and glad your day went well, Isha!

Great progress again Isha....

I do look forward to seeing how (or if) this develops over time as you cycle back and fro... as in: between male and female presentation - I don't think you'll be bicycling to work looking as smart as you do!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Congrats on a great day. It's awesome how much you have achieved.

You look great in that outfit! Way to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    There were things I did not even think about such as critical make-up fail. ... By 3PM it was beginning to bleed through and I still had a long and very public transit journey back to my car on the opposite side of the city. Needless to say, I learned to ensure I pack a "critical make-up fail kit" in my purse the next time.
    "Makeup fail" makes it sound like something that can't be planned for. But it sounds pretty predictable. Maybe keep an electric razor in your desk and some time mid-afternoon, slip into a handicapped bathroom, get a fast muzzle-razoring and touch up with foundation and be on your way? And since it's a planned thing, there's less stress -- you don't have to worry if it's going to happen -- it's part of your day.

Perfect outfit, you look smashing, not "ugly" at all! Stylish, yet professional, with a touch of cute. Thanks for keeping us posted!
    CD? I'm never cross when dressed
    More like HF.. Happy Femulator. Julie's Flickr page
    Amateur/DIY Photos adjusted for exposure and white balance only, except to obscure background All rights reserved.

Aspiring Member
    Very proud of you...you are a real inspiration for us. Thank God for YOU!
    Fortuneta

A very conservative look Isha. Congratulations. I don't think a little more bling would of hurt though.
    Just my 2cents. Keep up the good work, as a retired CF Member I wish you well.

Hugs Brenda

You should be proud of yourself, Isha! Your outfit looks wonderful!
    "Man! I feel like a woman"

Aspiring Member
    Isha you look like a professional woman which of course you are sis
    well done and congrats!

Looks like another big step went well, Isha! As you can see by the number of replies, we are all behind you! I'm retired, so no real chance like this for me (though two trans women work there today!)
    I'm so glad that the Canadian Government is being progressive on this and you are taking advantage of the situation. Glad every thing went fine
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

Gone to live my life
    Hi all,

Again thanks much for all your kind replies and support. I think my next day at work will include a bit more colour in the outfit choice . . . nothing over the top but a bit more flair yet still professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacey New View Post
    I read that Caitlyn Jenner was being considered for the Arthur Ashe Courage Award. I think it should go to you instead. Jenner has millions of $$$ and lives in the Hollywood bubble. You, on the other hand are a career commissioned officer in the military.
    Hi Lacey,

While it did take a bit of a stiff upper lip to walk into the building, I am really building the work of many a TS individual who came out in the late 90s and paved the way. I do differ a bit in that I don't identify TS but gender fluid . . . still thanks for the compliment .

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    . . . I don't think you'll be bicycling to work looking as smart as you do!
    Hi Katey,

LOL . . . now that would be an early day as I live 60 kilometers from work. However, I think I would be in awesome shape by the time winter came.

Quote Originally Posted by Jennie-cd View Post
    . . . Maybe keep an electric razor in your desk and some time mid-afternoon, slip into a handicapped bathroom, get a fast muzzle-razoring and touch up with foundation and be on your way? And since it's a planned thing, there's less stress -- you don't have to worry if it's going to happen -- it's part of your day.
    Hi Jennie,

Great idea! I think I will go razor shopping and find something portable that I can keep at work.

Cheers all

Isha (Marcelle)

I really admire the courageous work you are doing for our community! All of us have a potential role to play in creating awareness and acceptance of tg people, but some really come out as leaders and charge ahead and I congratulate you for your strength and stamina to do so, im sure we are all very greatful to you.

Thumbs up Kudos to you. You've earned the trailblazer award!

Isha:

You're blazing a new trail for all of us. The ability to go to work in either boy or girl mode is awesome. Among other things, it lets the vanilla world know about crossdressers, as distinguished from someone living full time in femme mode, and that we deserve respect and to be treated as the gender we present as at any given time. The fact that you've accomplished this within the Canadian military is icing on the cake.

We we need to get you a publicist and out on the talk show circuit. It's great that the media is interviewing and writing articles about those who transition and live full time, but this is the perfect time to present the CDs of the world as a large, viable population that is due equal rights and acceptance.

I hereby present you with the Trailblazer award. Congratulations. You should do a Ted talk, by the way.

Best regards,
    Rhonda
    Last edited by Rhonda Darling; 07-12-2015 at 08:05 AM.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Congratulations, very happy for you!

Good for you, congrats!

Congratulations Isha, I am very happy for you and very appreciative of the inspiration you provide.

Hi Isha,
    Your first day at work was GREAT! So great that I ran to the printer and made a copy of your letter and pictures. I put them on the wall above my desk so that it will give me the courage to get out of my closet when ever I look at your pictures. Maybe it is time to change your quote at the bottem of your post to (Achived genter balance) After reading all the replies to your post I believe you are a hero to many if not all the girls on this forum. Hope your don't mind that I printed your pictures. Keep us up to date with new stories and pictures, more pictures for my wall.
    My story is the song "Reflection" by Jackie Evancho

Isha,

This was the day I've been waiting weeks for, and then I miss it by three thanks to, well, life. I'm glad the day went well for you. You are too harsh on yourself about your appearance. I've seen untouched photos of C. Jenner and you beat her by a mile. Here's to setting new milestones for yourself and for other TG people.

Cheers,
    Bridget
    Your friendly, neighborhood cyber CD.