Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Isha's First Day at Work

Gone to live my life

Isha's First Day at Work

Hi all,

Well today marks my very first day at work presenting as a woman. It was handover day, meaning death by presentations as to what the section members who work for me do. The whole section has already met Marcelle (Isha) a few weeks back in a social setting but today was the first time they interacted with me in a work environment, not the mention the rest of the building. The education piece provided to the building helped immensely and while there were a few odd looks from some (mainly quizzical), people were respectful, polite and professional. My subordinates used the proper gender titles (Ma’am vice Sir) without so much as missing a beat. I met with the Director General of the section and she welcomed me and affirmed that I would be treated professionally and with respect irrespective of what gender I choose to present.

I have to admit, I have been out in public for over a year now and rarely do I feel nervous or hesitate when I enter a venue of choice. However, this time I actually had to pause and collect myself at the entrance to the building as I felt as nervous as my first trip out into the Vanilla world but, I survived and am now back home emotionally exhausted. Fortunately, the person I was a replacing (a good friend) was there to provide support and a bit of a pep talk to get me back in the game. For the most part, boring briefings, shop talk and paperwork . . . sorry no cocktails or dancing, just boring old work . However, I do have one humorous tale from today . . . As I do not have a building pass yet, I had to hand in my identification in exchange for a visitor's pass. When I was leaving the guard on duty pulled my ID from the slot to exchange it back for the building pass. He looked at me, then the card, back to me then back to the card and said “Marcel G*****” to which I replied “Trust me it is me”. He looked at the card again “But it says male?” to which I responded “Yes that is me” and then the lights went on and he handed over the card with a polite “Have a nice weekend Ma’am”.

I have attached a few photos of what I wore that day. I decided to keep it neutral and not too flashy as there was no sense in scaring everyone with a bright patterned dress. Now, I know there are skeptics out there who might read my posts and think “She said she went to work but anyone can say they went to work. So for the skeptics, I have provided two photos. One outside the building where I will be working and the other is me in the briefing room after four hours of briefings. I don’t normally take pictures in public as it seems like a bit of a combat indicator . . . look at me the TG person over here not to mention these are horrible pics as it is just point and click, not posing, no lighting fixes . . . super ugly gal on display if you know what I mean . However, in this instance, I was thinking some may want proof of life. . . . so voila.

Cheers

Isha
    Attached Images Attached Images

Aspiring Member
    Congratulations, Isha. Hopefully, your courage is catching.

Ineke

Great achievement! I see you as a true trail blazer. I wish I could do that some day.
    Leslie's Advanture into the Unknown - http://lesliesd.weebly.com/

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Congrats Isha, that really is a remarkable achievement. It's difficult to believe how far you've come and what an inspiration you've been. You know I've followed your journey, figuratively and to an extent literally but there's no way I can keep up. My employer is not so accomodating as yours, happy for Donna to show up, but it's a case of no going back... All or nothing, so, with the exception of a few social gatherings, it's boy me in the work environment, for now anyway.
    So.... the question remains, where to from here??? What's your next goal?? We booking adjoining rooms in Thailand
    Call me Donna, please

Wow, that sounds amazing. Congrats on finding place is so accepting.

All your hard work has finally paid off, congrats. I never doubted you would do it, great pics but not needed for my sake.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Congratulations, Isha! I'm a fan of yours!
    Sharondenise

Great casual/professional outfit! I can understand how nerve-wracking it could be! That's a whole new situation from going out in the standard vanilla world outside of your workplace.

Regarding the guard - and you say you don't pass! (being a bit cheeky; it's possible he thought you were tg, but who knows)

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Congratulations Isha. I can only imagine how great you must feel being accepted at your job.
    That must have been a weight lifted off your shoulders when you found out they were ok with it.
    Continued best wishes to you.
    Hugs
    Samantha

Well done, very professional look.... Bravo!

Way to go Girl you look Fab, Hope you had a wonderful work day.

Erika

I'm glad it was a positive experience my friend. You know I've never doubted you or would I ever as I can tell from your heart you are a person of integrity. Carry on Ma'am.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Sigh, I always knew Christina Kay's Avatar
    Congratulations Isha. So happy you've come so far. Keep smiling .
    Hugs Christina
    Follow your path.. For only you can decide, which way to go.

Beautiful Isha, really beautiful. Yay for you.
    Candi
    Perfection Is a Road Not a Destination

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Thank you Ma'am. You've done well and deserve all the praise that will fall your way.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Isha we are all proud of you!!

Isha, I am very proud of you and very happy for you!!! This is a huge step forward. I'm glad your co-workers were polite and respectful. I look hearing more about your gender journey.
    I've finally mastered the art of making salads. My favorite is a delicious Mediterranean salad.

Congratulations Isha! Also, you look very nice.

It is a goal of mine to be able to someday be able to go to work presenting as a woman.

Wow, congratulations Isha! I hope you are appropriately celebrating this amazing accomplishment!
    Last edited by Tristessa; 07-10-2015 at 08:28 PM.

Silver Member
    Congratulations, Isha. I am so very happy for you. You look terrific - and very happy yourself.

Platinum Member
    Hi Isha, It looks like you are really living the dream.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Isha/Marcelle, I'm very happy for you, I think that you choose a very good outfit for the day, looks like a girl to me, little or no makeup, but this is work not a social outing.

Is this the new assignment that you mentioned a while back?

I find it interesting that you were nervous going in the door for the first time, but after I thought about it, it makes sense, it is a bit like going to the mall the first time, a new place, but with people that you know/are known to.

Keep it up, you are an inspiration to us all. But, we should expect our favorite military officer to be a great leader!!

Hugs, Bria

Looking very happy! Keep up the good work.

Absolutely cool! It speaks highly of you that you persevered to this point and it speaks highly of your siblings-in-arms that they have apparently taken it in their professional stride. I'm honestly thrilled to be a (far removed) witness to this all. Thanks for sharing it all with us and I hope there are many more accomplishments you can wow us with in the future.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    You look great Isha, sounds like a very nice day. So happy it all worked out
    Leigh