Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Isha's First Day at Work

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Hiya Isha,
    Just like many people on the forum, you have put a smile on my face with all your successes (many not even for personal gain!) Way to go and Thank you!

congrats to you isha, we are all so very proud of you.
    keep up the good work and the sky is the limit for you now...
    paula

Congrats you look great...I love your posts...and you are very brave

Good for you Isha! That was a good day!

Hugs
    Suzie

Congratulations Isha! People like you make me proud to be Canadian.

In the immortal words of Neil Armstrong when he landed on the moon:

"That's one small step for..."

Oh, wait ... probably not the best quote.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    So very cool! Congrats

You are remarkably brave! I salute you.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Wow! That is literally amazing, Isha!
    I can hardly believe such a thing is possible.
    We'll done. Thank you for blazing a trail some of us may even follow some day.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Isha, you are a true inspiration. I have worked with the Canadian Army and know they are about as hard core as the American Army. Don't know how you worked up the courage. I'd rather be storming a building than what you do.

Thank you for pushing the envelope as we would say in the Air Force. You reflect credit upon yourself and uh, the rest of us girls that are in or have been in the service of of our nations.

Your thoughts and advice are always admired and welcomed here.

That's great, Isha!

Isha
    My hero! Isha you just are simply the best. As you know my last hurdle will be work;". The day I stop and gather myself at the front door I will think of you and your courage. It has been a privilege watching your journey!
    Suzanne

I hope each day forward goes as well

Formerly Deborah Whitney
    Isha:

Nonsense, you look great! Kudos to you for being yourself. Well done, girl.

I'm so happy for you that you're able to be accepted in your workplace. If we all could be so transitional!

Hey Isha,

it is always nice when all the work one puts in is finally rewarded with the end result. Congratulations on your real first day out , one which I have not yet achieved, where you didn't go shopping or walk around, but put in a full work day as Isha, getting the respect that you deserve from you colleagues. A great day for you indeed.

Congrats, Isha!! I think you looked great for your first day at the office presenting as a woman. And I'm so happy to hear that it went off without a hitch. Excellent job, Ma'am!

Camille

Hi Isha,

You are such an inspiration for all of us! We're so glad that it seemed to have gone so well -- warmest congratulations indeed. Yes, you indeed look very business like .. and the story about the security guard says a lot.

Like Donna, we look forward to developments.

Warm hugs,

Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Well done girl, but how long did it take to pick out the outfit you where going to wear for the first time at work? How ever much time it took it was well worth it, you look great, very office looking, as if it all comes natural, oh wait, for some of us it does come natural!
    I thought we where going to get to see you in a new uniform, is that still to come?
    Magic is the art of changing consciousness at will.

Congratulations Isha. Very happy for you.

Gone to live my life
    Hi everyone,

Thanks much for your kind comments and support. I have to admit, it all seems like a bit of dream now and thinking back to yesterday, I still smile at how natural and great it felt. But oh so tiring and emotionally draining. There were things I did not even think about such as critical make-up fail. While laser beard removal has helped along the cheek and throat area, my goatee zone is still quite dark and coarse (work in progress). Because I live far removed from the city where I work, I start my day at 4:00 AM with my morning run which means make-up is applied by 6AM. By 3PM it was beginning to bleed through and I still had a long and very public transit journey back to my car on the opposite side of the city. Needless to say, I learned to ensure I pack a "critical make-up fail kit" in my purse the next time. Spending the day using my facsimile of a female voice took its toll and by the end of the day, I sounded more like Greta Garbo with a very bad chest cold .

For now I will keep things to Fridays with the option of dressing other times during the week should my dysphoria become a bit intense. The uniforms are still working their way through the administrative system but it is my intention to have both gender uniforms at my disposal so as not be different from my subordinates or peers (uniform on uniform days and civilian clothing on Friday). I am sure there are other things I did not think about but then again that is how one learns

Quote Originally Posted by Donnagirl View Post
    .... the question remains, where to from here??? What's your next goal?? We booking adjoining rooms in Thailand
    Hi Donna,

I would say my next goal is to integrate "working out" in the building gym on those days I identify as a woman. Now I am not talking about hard core aerobic workouts . . . goodness my make-up would melt off my face but, strength and core weight training. I don't have access to the women's changing facility and to be honest going into the men's change room while presenting female would be just weird. Fortunately, there is a single stall bathroom with a shower (handicap access) by the gym which I have been given permission to use. I just have to get comfortable wearing women's workout clothing in such a public setting . . . so that is my next goal. WRT to Thailand . . . hmmm . . . unless we are going to enjoy the food and sights . . . not likely at this time

Quote Originally Posted by Bria View Post
    . . . Is this the new assignment that you mentioned a while back? I find it interesting that you were nervous going in the door for the first time, but after I thought about it, it makes sense, it is a bit like going to the mall the first time, a new place, but with people that you know/are known to.
    Hi Bria,

Yes it is the new assignment I was talking about which drags me back to my parent military occupation (Military Psychologist). Very research oriented and policy/management driven but it will be a nice change of pace from what I have been doing for the last 10 years.

You are correct. Going out in public where the potential of running into someone you know is possible, is one thing. Going into a building where you know a large percentage of the people not to mention, everyone was informed this would be my first day and most likely looking for me . . . well very nerve wracking to say the least. But like any trip in public, once I found my comfort zone and just began to interact as me, things calmed and went well.

Cheers all

Isha (Marcelle)
    Last edited by Marcelle; 07-11-2015 at 05:55 AM.

Fantastic! Thank you for being on the vanguard, Isha. Going into work en femme is something I would love to do, but don't have the courage for myself. I'm sure that you will be opening many minds on your "not-so casual" Fridays.

Isha,
    I read that Caitlyn Jenner was being considered for the Arthur Ashe Courage Award. I think it should go to you instead. Jenner has millions of $$$ and lives in the Hollywood bubble. You, on the other hand are a career commissioned officer in the military. The military, by its nature is one of the most testosterone filled organizations anywhere yet you have gained acceptance and respect of your group. And you've done it without being on the cover of Vanity Fair and surrounded by Hollywood sycophants. Congratulations and we all salute you!
    Lacey

Congratulations Isha so pleased for you, we have all followed you on this amazing journey and you really are an inspiration to us all. Look forwards to Isha's next milestone!!

This is so Awesome Isha... Big smile on my face for you... Just so Awesome

Kate