Thread: First HRT checkup!

First HRT checkup!

Today was my 3 month check up. I was anxious to see what my test results would say. So yes I passed! I have the estrogen level of a female while my testosterone level is actually lower than most females. So far I have had no problems adapting to estradiol or spironolactone. I have never felt more right!
    Hugs
    Suzanne

Suzanne, great to hear that things are going well for you medically.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Suzanne... Always good when the levels settle out properly and the body gets into the new zone. ��

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Suzanne,

I am glad to read things are progressing well for you and you are feeling balanced in life.

Cheers

Isha

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar
    Suzanne,
    I'm with you girl... Such a wonderful calming effect HRT can have, that feeling of 'right', no anger, no mood swings, no temper... I just wonder why it took so long to make the call... Enjoy it... Embrace it... I've never felt better
    Call me Donna, please

Gold Member
    It is great to hit it right the first time! Very nice!

So wonderfully happy for you.

Hi Suzanne: That is terrific. So happy everything on that front is working out for you. It is always an anxious time until you have that first check.

Hope it continues to go well
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Thank you ladies!

Silver Member
    Congratulations on nailing it at the start! It took me nearly a year and a half. I hope your results are good and as quick as your start levels!
    Lea

I'm so glad the HRT is working well for you, Suzanne! The numbers sound good. I go in next week for my 4 month checkup and I hope the result will be just as good as yours was.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I'm very happy for you and I hope you continue to feel like yourself!

Congratulations Suzanne and it is a wonderful experience as time passes.
    “When it comes to life, we spin our own yarn, and where we end up is really, in fact, where we always intended to be.” ― Julia Glass

Congratulations!

I'm amazed that some endos go three months before the first check. Mine wanted blood work for potassium levels (which can be too high on Spiro) after one week and more blood work for estradiol, prolactin, and testosterone after three weeks. We then adjusted the dosage and repeated the process monthly.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

4 months is usually the minimum amount of time between labs that insurers will pay for according to my endo.
    "When failure is off the table the only thing left is to negotiate levels of success" M Hobbes

"Never Let your Fear Decide Your Fate" Awolnation

"A new dawn destroys the tranquility of the darkness" Steph W

I think this varies widely. My endo is of the philosophy that it is best to establish efficacious levels as soon as possible while guarding against liver, clotting, or potassium issues. My insurance hasn't peeped about the monthly lab work, though they have been reticent about my dosage, which is high by GG standards but right in line with Endo Society guidelines.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My insurance has been fine with tests. They too protested high dose but relented. High for GG since I am first trans client of the small insurance company I have to use.
    Suzanne

Aspiring Member
    my insurance will pay for the visit but none of the meds. Glad to hear your levels are good. Once mine got to were they needed to be I started to finally feel normal again. That what makes me feel right!! wish you the best
    Professional thread killer.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Suzanne;

Good to hear all is going well. Mine seem to have stabilized as well. My dr had me tested every 3 weeks for few months as she is very cautious and conservative. Since ours are covered as part of general medicine there was no worries and the lab is very close. One thing I like is that they provide secure web access into my results so I typically know some of the results before my dr. Good in some way bad in others if you tend to get perinod about numbers.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.