Thread: More at home then I've ever felt

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar

More at home then I've ever felt

So it's been almost 2 weeks since I returned home to my childhood home something I do each summer for July and August. This year a very different situation given I've gone full time and this homecoming was the final step.

It's been an interesting 2 weeks. My dad is do ok for someone at 83 is set in his way, pig headed at times, and small town orientated. I've been going about my business around him with no overt negativity and hope by the end of the summer he might be able to call me by name - which will be a huge step.

As for emergence I took the total immersion approach...no point going slow or warming the place up... Max exposure over a short period of time and get on with it.

Formal ladies night at the yacht (lbd night)...a good chance to reset with the parents of the kids my son has sailed with in the summers and I have assisted with sailing programs and junior racing. 1st of a number of plays at our local theater... Upside got to sit next to Myles Goodwin of April Wine for those Canadians following. Here it was a chance to be visible with the broader community. Coming and going at the local market and coffee shop. Tonight it's an impromptu high school reunion.

Acceptance and better said folks just moving on a going with the program has been a bit of a surprise given this is a small sleepy little town. The biggest thing for me in all this is how at home I feel in the end. As a women I've been embraced locally as a women into the community. As a male I was a man interacting with mostly the female population but still a man. These past 2 weeks have seen me as a bit of a social butterfly something I've never felt comfortable with ever. The local ladies have just accepted me into their domain as me in ways thy never did in the past.

So I can say I'm home. More home then I've ever felt in my life and it sure feels good.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Jennifer
    I am very happy for you. Isn't it liberating to interact with women the way in which we always desired? Have a sweet summer. You deserve it!
    Suzanne

Congratulation on your homecoming. I'm impressed with your city being able to handle your changes so easily. I have to wonder what it would have been like ten years ago or so, before being gay or trans was in the news all the time? But it does sound like they accepted you now, and likely would have then... of course, you are in Canada, not the U.S., so that's a good thing.

What a wonderful post Jennifer! I'm glad things are going so well. Your Dad especially. Isn't it wonderful when the ladies start accepting you as one of theirs? I remember being at a party, and the men were going to smoke cigars, and the ladies asked me to join them. Sitting on the sofa with my legs curled up in my long dress, and truly feeling I belonged. Cheers.

Awesome Jenn! So happy that this is all working out for you! I know how much your time there means to you. This will be a summer to remember for sure! Stay happy.

Ciao Bella
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Gold Member
    That is wonderful Jennifer! Who said you can't go home again? Your signature says all that matters. I am very happy for you!

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar

Such a good time last night...

Thanks all. I had such a good time at out impromptu reunion last night. We were a small class of 65 students but largest graduating class ever for the school. I did say small town.

25 came which is quite good given this wasn't overly organized... Just a few notes out and word of mouth.

We were a tight close class of friends... No issues, cliques, or that much drama.

Good to see everyone and all is well as we all just picked up where we last left off since the last time we've seen each other.

Most had received notice of my transition ahead of time through my fb update... Letter and name change and others arrived and noticed I'd changed a bit... Lost a bit of weight is my standard reply.

image.jpg

The bigger surprise was after the get together. I got home at 2am after having such a good time to find my dad still up waiting for me to get home and a bit worried. Now you have to know that he'd NEVER bother to stay up in the past...just go to bed at his regular time and leave the light on and the door unlocked.

I guess I'm just daddies little girl and he was worried. 😀 wonders never end.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Congratulations, Jennifer. You look beautiful and happy in that photo with the floral dress.

love the pic Jenn! what a stunner....and I love the dress! so glad you had a great time! Another Karma moment...it is all coming back to you with great acceptance.

Cute about your dad!!

Ciao

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

You do look lovely, Jennifer. I had hoped to make my last reunion in transition, but it didn't work out that way. Here's to the next--both yours and mine!

Lallie
    Time for a change.