Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Did your Mother dress you?

Did your Mother dress you?

I've just came across a post of one of our members dressed as a girl as a child my their mother.
    Really hit home to myself because I was dressed as a girl by my mother as a child as well, until I was about four or five...
    It was a long time ago now and I'd have to check back on photos and talk to her more about it all.
    But I do remember it and have had conversation about it before with her over the years.
    I do know some of her reasons were:

1. I looked like a little girl.
    2. It was easier for her to do it that way, because of my sister.
    3. I was cheaper for her. "1970's hard times."
    This may have been covered here before - but its would be interesting to see how many of us were dressed as little girls as children and for how long and the mothers reasons...

Kate

Junior Member Marie-Claude, France's Avatar
    No, never.
    Reading the Gradus ad Parnassum from Johann Fux

I remember when I was about..5 perhaps my mom putting her lipstick on me, whether I asked or she chose to do so I can't remember but I remember her doing it, me looking in the mirror and wiping it off and asking her to put it on again
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Dressed as a girl by your mother as a child and becoming a crossdresser in later life: what are the odds, right?

I always considered this one of those emasculation/feminisation fantasies some crossdressers have, I don't know any real-life examples, but I guess it's one of those rare phenomena. I wouldn't use it to justify your crossdressing habit though, because many crossdressers haven't had these kinds of life experiences and still ended up crossdressing.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kate,

While I can kind of remember liking my sister's clothing when I was young, my mother never made any attempt to dress me as a girl.

Cheers

Isha

Not that I can recall. I put one of my sisters dress on myself when i was around 8 and loved it.
    Last edited by Alexis08; 07-17-2015 at 03:57 PM.

Aspiring Member
    One of my older sister's dressed me up as a little girl when I was about five and I have been doing it for the last fifty five plus years.

Not by my mom but my step dad made me dress in my sisters clothes and made me sit on the front porch of our house all day. he was a mean man

My nine years older sister dressed me a few times, but I remember trying on my Mom's red nightgown before that, I might have been only four. Or was it after that? Hmmm.. who to blame? Someone else, I think... yes, definitely not my fault..
    CD? I'm never cross when dressed
    More like HF.. Happy Femulator. Julie's Flickr page
    Amateur/DIY Photos adjusted for exposure and white balance only, except to obscure background All rights reserved.

No she did not but I often wish she would have. That would probably mean I could now talk freely to her about my crossdressing. But she doesn't know about it and think she would't approve either

Banned Read only
    my mom dressed me til i was 3,her reasoning she wanted her firstborn to be a girl,so she went and bought girl baby clothes,my dad was alright with it at first til he got tired of " what a cute girl you have",and took me for my first regular haircut and many more after that til i was 16 and he died so i went back to growing my hair out,never wore short hair since,except for the 3 mo of basic training then was sent home,due to a disability i never knew i had.

KittyD-
    My name is Michelle.I've been in the closet up to now&it's been a huge secret that I started wearing my mothers clothes early,when I was about 14 years old.I started innocently,just trying on one of her dresses&a pair of her heels&looking at myself in her mirror.I started doing it more&more&trying on all of her dresses&suits
    and her skirts&blouses.I got bold&took an unopened pkg of her pantyhose out of her drawer&put it on&dressed in one of her outfits with heels&practiced walking around the house in heels,with the drapes closed&the doors locked
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

Not my mom, my SISTER dressed me as a girl all the time when I was very young. She always wanted a sister and would dress me up to play with her dolls and stuff. My mom would catch us and she would have to tell my sister over and over to stop dressing me up. I didn't mind at all ! lol

Not me. But even if it's a common thread I'm not sure you can make the case that it's causal. That is, you might be looking to establish that her dressing you that way made you become a crossdresser but there's an equal chance that your natural tendencies to crossdress caused her to want to dress you that way.

My Mom never dressed me, but I remember one time I asked her if I could try on one of her dresses... guess I was 10 or so. Looking back I don't think she was fond of the request, but she did a great job acting indifferent and not making any big deal out of it. I don't remember if she picked something for me to wear or I choose it, anyway I wore it for a while around the house and then I asked her, "what do you think Dad would say?" Thinking he would be amused or entertained in some way of his little boy in a dress. She said, "I don't really think he will like it." I stayed dressed a little while longer thinking about what she said and then quietly took the dress off.

I certainly can say that episode was not the last of my love of women's clothes... LOL!
    Last edited by LeeBe; 07-12-2015 at 09:34 AM.

My mom dressed me for Halloween one time when I was 11. I had already raided her lingerie and had been wearing her clothes since 8 or so. I don't know if she knew or not and until we meet on the other side I will never know.

Not that I can recall.

My mother often told me that as a baby, I had a head of hair full of big blond ringlets, and she got rather frustrated when others would look at me in my stroller or sitting in the back of a grocery cart and say things like, "What a cute little girl!" Her common reply was to say, "He's a BOY!", in a rather exasperated tone. So I think she actually would have avoided dressing me like a girl. (Yet she didn't cut that curly hair of mine for the first few years. Go figure.) By the time I was three or four my hair was kept cut short, and from that time on my father had a 'house rule' that despite it being fashionable for males in the late 60's and the 70's to have long hair, I had to keep my hair worn short. Tapered in back or even crew cuts. So I suspect dad laid down the law at some point on making me look like a boy and not a girl. I do have a sister, but she's about 5 years younger than me, so any hand-me-down clothes went from me to her, not vice versa. And none of my mom's clothes would have fit me as a kid.

Yet at the same time, there were a few confusing things... My first name is somewhat androgynous. It's the name of a type of bird, and I've met several girls with the same first name. And I don't know of any member of the family that ever had that given name. I know mom chose the name for me, but I don't know what may have caused her to choose it. My 'baby blanket' was pink. And when I was six or so I know I had a pink hooded sweatshirt (I've recently seen it in old photos). As a kid, it wasn't uncommon for my mom to take me with her on her weekly trip to the beauty parlor, and I'd get my hair cut there, if I needed a trim, while she had hers styled. That didn't end until I got old enough to wait for her in the kids section of a nearby public library, reading on my own until she was done. So I have lots of childhood memories of sitting around in a beauty parlor, reading the women's magazines and occasionally getting my own hair cut and blow dried or dried in a bonnet-style hair dryer. Maybe my mom secretly wanted to share more 'girl things' with me, but she never came out and said so. I don't think my dad would have let her do much of that, as he was homophobic.

I don't remember playing 'dress up' with girls when I was little, except a little with my sister, and that normally was me dressing her up, not either of us dressing me like a girl. But I did play with girls a lot. My sister was pretty much my best friend, growing up, and still is quite close to me. I had a little sibling rivalry when she was two or so, but quickly got over that and cherished her from then on. All of my first cousins were girls (both slightly older and slightly younger than me), and my sister and I played with them whenever they visited us or vice versa. I vividly recall being the only boy attending a special birthday party for one of my female first cousins, when we visited them in California. They went to a Mattel toy factory. But it turned out to be a tour of just the doll making side. My aunt apologized for it being such a girl-oriented experience, and said she thought the tour also included how some boy-oriented toys were made. I told her I didn't mind, and that I thought it was neat seeing how things were made - especially how they used liquid nitrogen to make it easier to pierce the rubber part that allowed a baby doll to cry. That made her feel okay about it. I remember it didn't bother me at all to be the only boy in a pack of girls, doing girl stuff.

I played with my next door neighbor girl (a year older than me) much more than I did with her younger brother (a year younger than me), from when I was six right on through high school. (Never dated that girl, though.) Two of the three kids I played with most often when we went on beach vacations were girls that were the kids of family friends who owned a small beach resort. I remember playing with their dolls and doing their tea party games and playing with their stuffed toys, and I brought my stuffed toys to 'play with theirs'. I played in mixed groups with all the neighborhood kids, of course, but I probably spent more time playing with small groups of girls than any of the other boys in my neighborhood did.
    Last edited by Ceera; 07-12-2015 at 10:17 AM.

Yes I was dressed as a girl by my older sister, and yes I was molested by a female older cousin (16) while I was a young child. But the truth is? I've always since early memory as a young child, have ALWAYS been STRONGLY drawn toward the feminine, femininity, girls, women, most any and all things defined as feminine, on-and-on- and on! None of the life events, made me a crossdresser.

Very interesting reading all your replies so far
    So it seems that a lot of you had mean Sisters that dressed you up!
    A few dressed in their mothers clothes and weren't dressed by their mothers at all.
    And some feel that this post was about a connection between being dressed as a little girl to becoming a Cross-dresser... which it not... Hmm... Interesting

Kate

I was never dressed, but I did ask to have my nails painted frequently in pre-school - usually it was just one finger, which was my "power finger" that shot lasers or some other kind of superheroics 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie_83 View Post
    I was never dressed, but I did ask to have my nails painted frequently in pre-school - usually it was just one finger, which was my "power finger" that shot lasers or some other kind of superheroics 😉
    That's just Awesome - I want a power finger now

I don't remember my mom dressing me as a girl, however all the photos i have of me up to the age of about 3 i am dressed as a girl.

Mmmmm curious

Gail xx
    Last edited by gailprice; 01-24-2016 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyD View Post
    That's just Awesome - I want a power finger now
    Me too! That's sounds great!

Not only no, but HELL No! She beat the snot out of me one night when she found a broken zipper on her LBD. She made it quite clear that she did not approve of my dressing. I had to make do until I moved out a few years later. She never did know how much dressing I did for the rest of her life.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I was never dressed as a child, but its a bit surprising, given my head full of curls. I was always teased about them, usually someone commenting that my sisters must be jealous. But having three sisters, that was probably enough for my mother.