Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Did your Mother dress you?

Mom dressed me in my sister's clothes when I was a toddler. Supposedly to keep me from ruining my 'good boy clothes'. But her decision to let my hair grow out was probably not out of that interest, as we had enough money for lots of other things, just not for me. She's use all sorts of excuses; the line at the barber was too long, or we'd miss our bus if we stayed and got my hair cut. By the time I was in grade school my dad had tried to take over taking me to the barber shop but he worked so much, every day and saturdays too, that it wasn't unusual for me to to wind up with a sort of 'dutch boy' haircut (the picture on the paint can), easily getting me mistaken for a girl a lot.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Yes, my mom use to dress me as a girl. I am the youngest of three boys and I guess she wanted a girl. I would be dressed that way until I was 4 and a boy picked on me because I was wearing the white ankle socks with the lace around them. She stopped dressing me, but I started on my own when I was 7. I did it off and on through high school, even dressing once or twice for a neighbor "friend". I now have a family of my own, and I can't dress like I want, but I love being ME when I can!!!

I see similarities here from many of your posts. I’m certain my mom wanted a girl & I kind of filled the gap a little till my sister came along 7 years later. I remember some lite dressing from mom and even have a couple pics (actually slides) from when I was about 6 years old. Lots of remarks during those young years that I still remember today. “You’re pretty enough to be a girl, if you were a girl I would…., let me put an apron on you and you can help me bake cookies, etc.” I use to hear it all the time and even at such a young age I would sneak and put on moms slips, dresses, shoes and such. I loved it back then and still do today. I’ve often wondered if that type of exposure made me the way I am today? Big mystery I guess.
    Meg

I was often dressed in my sister's panties because my boy undies were 'dirty'. I don't remember anything at all about my baptism at age three and a half but I have since seen pictures of myself dressed in a really adorable white (flower girl?) dress. When I was about ten I attended a party out on my aunt's farm. Despite strict warnings I got my clothes dirty. My aunt was furious. She took me in the house and had me take everything off so that she could wash them. She then came back and despite my strong objections she dressed me in my cousins clothes. I don't remember if panties were part of the deal. I was then sent out to play with my other cousins. I was really ridiculed. I was so embarrassed I remember wanting the earth to swallow me up. Thing of it was she could have dressed me in a boy cousins clothes. Probably during this time period (about ages seven to eleven) my mother used me as a dress model for dresses she was supposedly making for a girl cousin on the other side of the family. I don't believe my mother ever gave those dresses to her. On a few occasions she even had e wear girls underwear 'while having me help her. On three or four occasions I was dressed during a large part of the day while she made 'alterations'. As a child I never had the desire to dress. I first dressed on my own when I was eleven. When I was a few years older my mother caught me dressed in my sister's clothes. At the time to her it was the worse thing that has ever happened in the whole history of the world. Of course she got my father involved. To this day I can't understand my mother's reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by flatlander_48 View Post
    Midway between the thumb and pinkie? My guess, anyway...

DeeAnn
    Hahaha, I think it was my pointer actually 😆 - better to zap the bad guys!

I was never dressed as a girl, to my knowledge. I was the first of 3 boys born in our family, so there wasn't a stash of fem clothes to try on, other than my mothers, but I don't remember ever doing so.
    I do however have a picture of my father at about age 4 or 5 in a white dress wearing curly light colored hair almost down to his shoulders. He was raised by three old maid aunts, after his mothers death.
    My Dad died many years before I started dressing, but I would love to have gotten his comments about the aunts dressing him as a girl.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]Hugs,

Carla

http://flickr.com/photos/carla4guage/

Okay, here it goes, fully well understanding that it will be seen by some as fiction but...it's not.

Yes, Mom dressed me as a girl and encouraged, supported and aided me in crossdressing from the age of right around 10.

My sister -the only girl sibling in the family- died of double pneumonia when I was 9 and she 11. It was Mom's fault as she did not consider her symptoms serious until it was too late -mind u, this was 1961. Mom went into a very severe depression and was institutionalized & subject to therapy which included electroshocks which would leave her a babbling, drooling mess.

She was released after three months and about three months after release, one day at home while Dad is away, she starts looking at me and saying things like 'you look so much like your sister' and 'I miss her so much' and then out of the blue, asks me if she can dress me in my sisters clothing. Of course I refused with a nasty retort of some sort which sent her into a babbling, sobbing, gut-tearing episode that we had been warned must be avoided at all costs so very frightened, I said 'okay, okay'

We proceeded to my sister's room where I was slipped into panties, a training bra which Mom stuffed with some breast enhancers she had, a slip of some sort, ankle socks and a lovely yellow dress. Mom did not like how my front side looked in a dress so she went and retrieved one of her panty girdles which I wriggled into. Shoes came from Mom's closet because my sister's were too small and after I was dressed and I'll never know why....I loved it. Maybe it was the attention, maybe the feel of the girdle and tug of the bra straps on my shoulders, but....I was hooked. I spent the better part of the day dressed and enjoyed every minute of it and Mom's doting attentions and coaching on how to sit, walk, etc etc. She warned me it was to be our secret...

Two weeks later the opportunity presented itself and she asked me again and I did not complain or resist. Three weeks or so after that the opportunity presented itself again and that time it was me who asked if I could dress and from then on, I could be Maria Elena (my full femme name, Helen here on the Forum and a slight twist to my sister's name of Maria Nelia) whenever I wanted to and we were alone. Over time I moved on to 'big girl' underthings such as firmer, more controlling girdles and long-line bras, stockings and heels and grew comfortable with Mom doting on me whenever I dressed and as she saw my 'grow into womanhood' under her care and feeding.

This lasted until Dad found out in the summer of 1966 (another story altogether) and Mom died shortly after, but her love and caring for my femme side lasted until her deathbed when she one time, she very privately and quietly said to me 'tell Maria Elena I loved her....she was the one who made me sane again'.

Cheers, Mom....I still miss you...
    Helen
    Last edited by Helen 2; 07-14-2015 at 02:11 PM.

Not the family so much, but a myriad of girlfriends and a friend who wanted a daughter saw the possibilities of dressing me up.

With the girlfriends it was to even up the pairs when going out for the evening.... Or so I thought.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    When I was about 8, I arrived home to find mom had bought me a girl's blouse. She said she had bought it in error, thinking it was a boy's shirt and asked if I would wear it anyway. I did so. I remember she encouraged me to let her put a few curls in my hair when she showed me a curling tong she had just bought. When I was about 13, she and a neighbour encouraged me to wear the neighbour's boots. I loved that.

When I was around 13 my mother would use me for a dress form for sewing she took in. It did not go unnoticed that I started showing a little too much interest in the role as I would stay dressed in the under garments long after the fitting was over.

I got replaced by a form my mother got from a resale shop.

Non-binary/Questioning
    Not I. As to whether or not such a thing is causal, I wonder. Certainly a century ago very young boys wore dresses for their first few years at least and I don't know (I have no idea at all, in fact) if the incidence of CD was higher in that generation than it is now (of course, at the time it was considered completely normal attire). I'm sure that there are a myriad of reasons why people choose to dress, and being dressed as a child may certainly be causal in at least some cases.

After reading other replys on this thread, I suppose I could add to my previous post that much of my younger years, especially up to age 10 or more was spent mostly with young girls. I had a slew of female cousins around my age, and a few neighbor girls around the same. They were my playmates most of the time just because there were no boys around to play with. When playing with young girls you just get tossed into doing what young girls do. I remember dabbling in makeup when they would put on makeup, and sometimes slipping on girl clothes when playing. I really didn't think anything of it and neither did they, but I sure liked it. I suppose some, or all of these circumstances may have lead to my passion to CD throughout my life. I don't know. Maybe if things had been different I would have not had the desire. Still, I enjoy who I am and life is good. Just reflecting here.

Meg
    Last edited by Megan Nicole; 07-17-2015 at 12:26 PM.

I remember my grandmother putting shoes and earrings on me when I was about four. The one thing I remember is that although I liked the earrings, they hurt, because they had screw in shafts and my ears weren't pierced. The shoes were these shiny red things with two or three inch heels as I recall, and of course they were huge on my tiny feet.

Yes, my mom did dress me for Halloween once when I was eight. It's a bit of a long story, but here goes.

My mom was (and is) very practical about buying things on sale. Because we had a large friend circle, there was always someone's birthday, and so my mom would often buy dresses for little girls if they were on sale in advance. (I did not have any sisters, just an older brother.) She would store these little dresses in a closet in the guest room. I even recall her putting the dresses in my brother and my room (we shared a room) from time to time. Anyways, I remember at age 4 developing a fascination for the dresses, and I wanted to try them on. I knew at that age that, as a boy, I was not supposed to like wearing dresses. So, I would sneak a dress into the washroom and try it on. I remember being caught one day by my brother (who was probably 6 at the time) and him calling me "girl!" Luckily, that died down. I continued to try on the dresses and then put them back on the hangers as best I could over those years. But, I do remember my mom rummaging through the dresses once and saying, "I can't give this away. It looks like it's been worn."

When I was 8 and Halloween came around that year, there was not enough time for my mother to get me a costume. So, she suggested that I go dressed as a girl. I remember being very embarassed by what she said, and did not encourage it. Later that day, as Halloween night was approaching, she showed me a dress that she had gotten from my cousin (who is my age and lived a short distance away). It was a short red dress with lace trim on its hem, shoulders and arms. I'm not sure what my mother was thinking -- perhaps she sensed that I was a little boy who was fascinated by feminine things -- I don't know...but with a lot of reluctance on my part and alot of reassurance by my mom, I wore the dress, my cousin's panties, knee high white socks and red mary jane shoes. She put a little makeup on me. I remember looking in the mirror and seeing a little girl looking back. I could also tell that my mom seemed really happy seeing me this way.

When my dad and brother saw me, they teased me lightly and then my dad took my brother and I trick or treating. Well, what was fascinating was that no one suspected I was a boy! I remember one lady who came to the door to give us candy said, "Oh, where is your costume?" I was so embarassed that I did not say anything.

Anyways, after that night, it seemed that I couldn't get enough of wanting to dress up (secretly of course). I would sneak into my mother’s closet and wear her clothes, makeup, etc. I always suspected that my mother knew what I was doing, so I tried not to. I certainly did not become a crossdresser because of this episode, but I think it left an important imprint on me.
    Last edited by maya1love; 12-25-2015 at 04:16 PM.
    Some boys just can't help acting like girls...

My pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mayatoronto/

I remember one time, maybe five or six. Mom had or talked me in to putting on a mini skirt. I don't know why she did it, but it stayed with me. I was a "boy," all "boy," footfall, baseball, dirt and stuff. I recall saying, "i.m a boy" a few times after that to comments from strangers when they told my parents I was a cute girl, but that was likely because my parents let my hair go a little long.

Yes, my mother dressed me as a girl up until I was 4. Being the youngest of three boys, I guess she has wanted a girl, so I was her girl. Then when I was around 7, I started dressing on my own and have when I can ever since. Thanks Kate for the thread!

AndreaSC

My mother never dressed me up i had one experience when my oldest sister did dress me and a friend up in one of her dresses. that was fun:P

Aspiring Member
    Until the age of six I was dressed and presented by my mom as a girl. My dad put a stop to it as I entered kindergarten. This topic was covered in another thread I posted a bit ago and I even posted a picture of myself as a little girl.

I believe both my parents wanted a girl.,. they both seemed to take an interest in my body as I grew up an I was often sent to school in girls clothes.,. girls pants tops an shoes.,. i was simply told it did not matter what i wore for clothes as long as they covered my body an were clean.,. mom had several boxes of girls an woman's clothes that were in storage along with my boy toys.,..,. I was constantly bathed by both parents an made to exercise, breath slowly, take hot an cold showers to clean an purify the skin an body.,. I had no brothers or sisters an spent countless days an weeks alone on the farm with no close neighbors so I had only myself to play with.,. I often dressed in all the clothes that fit tight an smelled wonderful of perfume.,. if the clothes felt soft an were elastic in any way or could change how my body looked an felt I wanted to wear them.,. one piece bating suites an corsets were my favorites to wear .,. or any clothes that I had to pour myself into to get on like a second skin.,. my favorite clothes today have spandex in them so they fit as tight as possible.,. since men have constantly found me attracted an I love to dress this seems to be a very natural step for me to take.,. Im middle age an I am enjoying my life more today then i did when I was younger.,.
    cheers all an have a great day an or night

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    My mom always bought my clothes. Unfortunately, I did not always agree with her choices.

When I was young, no...at least not unless necessary. As a small child I was in and out of Hospitals with asthma related illnesses till I was 7 or 8. When it was a quite cold night, I would be put in my older Sisters old long flannel nightgowns for bed. I have shared before about a movie of a Christmas one year where I and my sister come into the living room that morning and both of us in frilly floor length flannel gowns then after about 2 seconds the movie stops abruptly and the next instant I am in a long robe covering most of the gown (the fringe at the floor still clearly visible). When younger I have also seen photos of me in my sisters short-sets playing in the back yard. But those were rare and far between. After my 3 weeks with my Aunt when I was 11 wearing nothing but girls clothes (which she knew of after the fact) and then when I stayed with the GP's for the summer I was 14 and spend nearly the entire time there as Jennifer (something she did not know about) AND raiding my Sisters pantie drawer for some time after that I'm pretty sure she knew I wasn't going to quit.
    To make the long story short, Mom bought all our (Sis and my) clothes till we were able to drive to the shops and get them ourselves. When I was 16 I had to play driver for her as she broke her foot. We went to the GAP for what I thought was something for my Sister (in the early 70's GAP was a girls trendy store) but while there I found that not only what I had on at that moment but most of what was in my closet had come from the GAP as well. Just not girly looking stuff.
    So, in a long round-a-bout way yes she did...

We were very very poor when I was growing up. Hand-me-down hand me down's were not uncommon. Since my all my siblings but one were male we recycled male clothes. My younger sister got boy clothes often, and to this day she hates girl clothes. I suppose it can have an impact, then. That said, what we ended up wearing wasn't done due to any gender bending agenda. We just could not afford much of anything and buying food and heating oil mattered most.

unfortunately, my mom never dress me. i think she knew i use her and female clothes, but never speak with me about it...

The memory is a bit fuzzy but yes, when I was 4 or 5 my mom let me play "dress-up" as a girl ... until she realized that I really liked it. Like others here, she wanted a daughter (I was an only kid) and maybe that was part of it. As I've posted before, she knew that I would dress in her clothes but never could bring herself talk to me about it. I wish she had. And I had curly hair too, and I'd get remarks like "That hair should be on a girl". Little did they know....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

no, nor did any girls. I guess the question originates around where our early influences come from. We're all dressed as babies and toddlers until we get to a capability to self-dress. One of my best friends up to age 10 was a tomboy. A lifelong sibling rivalry with a sister i think pushed me to the macho-male side for a long, long time, and i see my late onset as regaining my feminine.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er